CaleyD

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Spectre

"No doubt todays result(According to Brew ) will be down to the fans that WERE there for not getting behind the team !"

Well if it was our "fans" indeed boo-ing our players as they came on, that would be fair comment!

But obviously not the whole story.

Edited by Spectre

"I thought we were second best today, after a bright first 10 minutes. We were all over the place at times.

"The players were deflated after losing the first goal and the defence looked shaky.

"It was a killer to lose a second goal right from the start of the second half and thereafter we just huffed and puffed.

"Let's hope we're more positive next week."

Comments from Brewster.

what a joke does brewster know anything?

wrong tactics i mean why fix something that's not broken - he keeps banging on about 4-5-1 away from home and how good it is and then proceeds to change it. Once again wrong personnel choice and once again wrong substitutions.

Brewster do the honourable thing and walk away before hamilton catch us. Please

Guest Spectre

With Rossco suspended and other than a debatable question as to who should be Centre Back I would say this is our best starting line-up. (But anyone know why Barry wasn't on the bench?)

If playing 4-4-2 is the start of a consistent run of playing that formation then I would be happy. It's not necessarily that easy to chop and change the formation each week, home and away, and I think most people would prefer we played 4-4-2 at home.

It really is time to get behind the team next week.

I've not posted on here for a while as I hadn't been able to get to games for a good bit. I've seen us a few times this season (including today v St Mirren) now and it simply does not improve.

1) Tactically we are dull, predictable and completely empty of ideas. Our creative players are being stifled/aren't of the quality required. The strikers are one dimensional and the easiest for defenders to handle (what centre half doesn't relish a good battle with a big striker?? We have 4!)

2) We are nowhere near as fit as we were. Munro looks overweight, McGuire looked unfit today. Hastings got caught out of position and couldn't get back 3/4/5 times today. When players were out of position they were simply jogging back and the whole team looked like they only had one gear. The lack of pace in the squad is embarrassing.

3) Substitutions I simply don't understand. Black taken off today, for McBain?! Roy has been great over the years but Blackie can make things happen, McBain is cover at best now. Imrie off for MacAllister? Rory did ok but surely iy would have made sense to hook one of the strikers (either one, they are all carbon copies), get Sutherland on one side, Imrie on the other, Cowie supporting the striker with Black and Duncan protecting the defence.

4) No passion. This is completely unacceptable in my opinion... This was a must win game today and each player went through the motions. No one looked hugely motivated and that is the Managers fault.

Brewster and his clown of an Assistant must go. Now. We are a team limited on ability but on todays showing we are lacking ability, fitness and motivation. A change of manager can change 2 of these factors and affect the 3rd.

I'm sure this will have been covered a 100 times on here. However, as someone who has watched us home and away since day 1, I won't be spending my hard earned ?? and free time while this pair are in charge. Whether this makes me less of a fan in some peoples eyes doesn't matter as until the board act we will be like lambs being lead to the slaughter.

Guest Spectre

There was some chanting apparently but those that were chanting "anti Brewster" were told to "support the manager".

Well we should be chanting "pro team"! No need to express support for the manager, just the team.

There were hardly enough there to get a decent chant going. Everybody was so cold and scunnered by the end they just filed away.

Played well for 15 mins then lost a goal on the break when McGuire was exposed trying to match Dornan for pace.

Apart from lacking a bit of fitness, McGuire wasn't bad. I thought Duncan was our best player. Rooney was completely anonymous. Barrowman tried a bit more than usual but that's not saying much. I thought Blackie was quiet today and picked the wrong pass a lot. Proctor reasonable at LB but a total lack of belief in the whole team once we went a goal down. I thought the midfield was invisible in the second half but mind you they hardly got any ball, what with the back four just punting it back to the Midden every time they broke up an attack. Total mince, even worse than the Midden pies. Should have stayed in the Alamo.

Denzil watch - well marshalled in the first half by McGuire and Proctor. Second half he got room to show the skills he's undoubtedly got and he was playing deep and picking us off. Taking the pish basically. Ah well thanks for the tickets at least Denzil. Dargo got on but had little time to inflict any damage.

That's another dire Saturday over then. We're going down. Brew has to do us a favour and go now or our dear wee club is set to do a County.

Edited by The Mantis

Guest RPFaither

We've got to beat teams like St Mirren. If not all of the time, then more often than not. Occasional wins and some draws against the better teams is also expected. It's just not happening the now. I'm not convinced that the sole problem is Brewster, but I am having doubts. You look around the other managers and they all seem to have a bit of charisma. Do the players have faith in him? I thought this was a great chance to pick up 3 points - feeling very disappointed!

Can Anybody Name Somebody Who Would Be Wanting To Come And Manage Caley When The Board Finally Kick Brewster Out The Door

Have a wee read through some recent threads by new posters on here, especially a poster who has joined in the last 24-48 hours, you might get an idea of at least one.

Yep the tide is turning. I'm not quite an anti-brew yet but something has to change. If we don't beat aberdeen or motherwell then I am afraid to admit it might have to be the manager. I know i have defended the man to the death but its getting harder and harder to do so after each loss. We are losing against the teams above us who we should at least compete with while we are losing the really important games against the lower teams (st mirren).

A team with a strikng partnership of wyness and hamilton managed to hump us. Not good.

But, if you support ict then it is THE time to come out and go to the games, it is THE time the players need the support the most. Seriously, heckle brew all you want, but sometimes it's painful to see our own fans get on the backs of the players within seconds.

there's still time for brewster to turn it around, but its fast running out.

Depressing fare today. Can't believe how bad we were. We completely lacked heart and there was absolutely no team spirit

My husband said at the start of the season he felt we may be relegated this year - until today I thought he was wrong. I really do fear for us now. There is something badly wrong with ICT just now and I fear it goes much deeper than the manager. I think Savages departure was a mistake. He had the teams interest at heart, wanted us to progress as club and be a credible force. Those in charge just now do not really care about the football club.

How are we to convince the likes of Blackie and Cowie to stay the way things are just now? It's an unhappy ship and without them we really are doomed.

a few suprises today:

first changing from a 4-5-1 (that has worked away from home) to a 4-4-2. why?

starting barrowman. why?

leaving out one of our best players..vigurs. why?

putting on two player (roy and rory) who have not played in ages. why?

brewster ict manager. WHY?

im fed up with this ****. how bad is it going to get when we have no blackie, cowie etc after january?