Brewster to blame?

TopSix

Is Craig Brewster to blame for Caley's bad form?

Is the board nothing to do with this situation??

Get a grip guys and gals and look at the bigger picture.

Where's the investment in the club? If a manager has very little financial resources to work with does he have to rely on being a miracle worker?

Dargo and Wyness both now at St Mirren. Why? Money.

The people in charge are merely running ICT as a business and have no alturistic interest in the club or moving the club forward and upwards.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the investment in the club? If a manager has very little financial resources to work with does he have to rely on being a miracle worker?

The people in charge are merely running ICT as a business and have no alturistic interest in the club or moving the club forward and upwards.

I agree that all the problems at the club are not down to Brewster, but I still dont think he is the right guy to manage the club, look at his record at Dundee United where he had far more financial resources, he was a disaster there as well

Yes there's no doubt there's problems at a higher level. Who knows what though?

Exactly. I think Brewster has a point in terms of the fans frustrations feeding through to the players on the pitch. I actually feel sorry for him. Seems he's stuck in the middle. What's with the club? They run it like they're a massive Premiership club. They really need to re-engage the fans and get a new approach.

IF Brewster had the resources to re-sign Dods, Dargo etc do you think he would not have?

We need real fans in charge of the club and bring back the 'togetherness' feeling which was far more evident a few seasons ago.

It's easy for us to sit in front of computers and feed negative threads through here but we need a united front and face up to ALL of the problems the club has.

SMEE sorry but I don't agree.

I don't envy Brewster and the job he's doing. Limited resources, no depth in the squad and yet HE'S to blame?

Tokely being out today was probably a big miss. Is Brewster to blame for this?

Limited resources, no depth in the squad and yet HE'S to blame?

Hasnt this been the case since the inception of ICT? Other managers have produced the goods with the same constraints.

His decisions defy comprehension...last week, he plays a competent right back at centre half, and a competent centre half at right back because he didnt want to make two changes in the line up. He goes on to state that he was happy with sed centre halfs input at foreign position. Most others would say he got taken to the cleaners by Daly.

Suddenly...this week, same two changes are acceptable.

And he bangs on last week about how fruitfull 5-4-1 away from home is, a system which has worked with some sucsess for us on our travels.....only to suddenly perform a tactical u turn and play 4-4-2

Edited by SMEE

brewster on bbc reacting to todays drubbing......"we were all over the place at times.we just huffed and puffed, lets hope we're more positive next week"

we're up the creek without a paddle. if he cant even convince himself we'll put it right next week i dont see how he'll inspire the players.great player, not management material and taking us down.

and we've always had limited resources and poor depth in squad.a good manager can work within these constraints and even use them to our advantage with regards team spirit, thats all gone tits up

Yes there's no doubt there's problems at a higher level. Who knows what though?

Exactly. I think Brewster has a point in terms of the fans frustrations feeding through to the players on the pitch. I actually feel sorry for him. Seems he's stuck in the middle. What's with the club? They run it like they're a massive Premiership club. They really need to re-engage the fans and get a new approach.

IF Brewster had the resources to re-sign Dods, Dargo etc do you think he would not have?

We need real fans in charge of the club and bring back the 'togetherness' feeling which was far more evident a few seasons ago.

It's easy for us to sit in front of computers and feed negative threads through here but we need a united front and face up to ALL of the problems the club has.

SMEE sorry but I don't agree.

I don't envy Brewster and the job he's doing. Limited resources, no depth in the squad and yet HE'S to blame?

Tokely being out today was probably a big miss. Is Brewster to blame for this?

Wrong! If we were run like a Premiership club we'd be in debt up to the eyeballs.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

How are the board to blame. Inverness have being run with a tight budget and limited investment for years (succesfully). Now that we are playing absolute crap the board are suddenly the people to blame I dont think so :rotflmao: Lets face it brewsters got to go and the sooner the better.

There is only ONE person who is resposible for calamitous and frankly bizzare decisions regarding tactics and team selections. Dont try and pin that on the board!

The board signed him....

yes and are still letting him hang on

Hang on?!?! They are busy negotiating a new contract with the "fans favourite".

Brewsters not soley to blame although he is a massive part of the problem , hes not the right man for the job and its high time he took reponsibility for the results on the park which he has never done.

The board are not helping matters at all.............. AGAIN we find ourselves bumbling through contract negotiations with our top assets. Black and Cowie are available to talk to any club in a couple of weeks time and we are nowhere close to agreeing new deals. Too little far too late! These guys should of been signed up on 3-4 year deals before the end of last season. But oh no we only do 2 year deals when the guys have got 4-5 months left of thier current contract. I'll be shocked and stunned if Black and Cowie who are our 2 best players DONT sign precontracts with other clubs next month.

Then of course the mystifying decision to let barry wilson go beggers belief - surely they could extend his contract by 4-5 months til the end of the season , thats not going to break the bank!

Come the summer we'll have no midfield left , we already have no recognised/experienced strikers at the club due to last years complete clearout.............

Then how on earth are we suppossed to attract players of wilson, black and cowies calibre up north with mickey mouse 2 year deals that the board have on the table :rotflmao:

Brewster has to take his share of the blame, as do the players, the Board and the fans, probably in that order.

Are we fans to blame because of the majority attitude of "give him a chance" back when Brewster was appointed? We had an opportunity to vent our anger back then but we never.

Are we fans to blame because of the majority attitude of "give him a chance" back when Brewster was appointed? We had an opportunity to vent our anger back then but we never.

Me and you did vent our anger at the time. Here is some of the posts i made at the time regarding Brewsters re-appointment.

How prophetic they seem now!

I am intrested to know how many people WILL actually stop going to games with Brewsters return? I am not intrested in the Im not happy but will still support the team brigade. I want to know who will stand by their posts on this site and actually do it and stick to it?

His style of play and general ineptness alone is a reason to re-evaluate your thoughts,

Face Facts guys...........it looks like we are stuck with a gutless board who are preparedtake us for fools and feed us lines to placate the vast majority of us, even tho there are some of us that can see right thro it.

I refuse to sit through the most pathetic football i have seen in Inverness again

Just like to add.........normal patronage will be resumed if a) Brew is sacked or fc uks off again or :rotflmao: the feker doesnt come in the first place (my preffered option)

By way of a disclaimer, I am not knocking those who carry on their support at the games, just wish i could have such blind faith

I made no secret that i thought Charlie was not the man for the job, but continued my support. Not to mention being able to see past the window dressing so many people on here are prepared to swallow. So all in all, I reserve my right to do wat the fc uk suits me

Whether or not this particular thread is true or not....I think its a matter of time before it does happen methinks. I cannot begin to tell you how dejected and CHEATED i feel

It's gone beyond playing the "Blame Game" - I'm at a stage where I don't really give two hoots who is to blame, I'm more concerned with who's going to step up to the plate and make the decisions and changes that will start to get this club, OUR club back on track.

Smee there were more than the two of us who vented our anger. My use of the word we was to convey the ICT fan base as a whole and to make those who had the "let's wait and see" attitude to maybe go away a bit and reflect. I posted in another thread about coming back and saying "I told you so" and to be fair to the quote I used from Scotty on that point his post was related to if we had been relegated the season Brewster was reappointed, so no dig at you Scotty it was the best way I could find to give my post more impact, I hate the fact that I had to dig up old posts and point out that I predicted this (move over IHE :rotflmao: ) we (ICT fans) did have the chance to avoid the pain but we (ICT fans) did the typical Highland thing and showed exactly how good our hospitality is. Now though some of those nicer members of the fan base have the chance to let Mr Brewster know he has outstayed his welcome, like the drunk tourist at the end of the village bar with the superiority complex. Pick a window Brew, your leaving.

Edited by birdog

I think your being totally unfair to those who, when Brewster was re-appointed, decided to get behind the team/manager at the time.

If you go back just a little further you'll see that those very same people were doing their utmost to make the club see that Brewster was far from being the fans choice. They were the ones who turned up at the meeting with the club to try and put across the fans point of view and concerns, who did all that they could to try and stop it.

However, unfortunate as it may be, the decision was made to re-appoint Brewster and all the shouting and stamping of feet in the world was never going to change anything. The best option, at that time, was for us to get behind the club and try and make it work.....unfortunately it hasn't, but the majority of users on here are aware of that and are, once again, trying to stand up and be heard.

I think your being totally unfair to those who, when Brewster was re-appointed, decided to get behind the team/manager at the time.

If you go back just a little further you'll see that those very same people were doing their utmost to make the club see that Brewster was far from being the fans choice. They were the ones who turned up at the meeting with the club to try and put across the fans point of view and concerns, who did all that they could to try and stop it.

However, unfortunate as it may be, the decision was made to re-appoint Brewster and all the shouting and stamping of feet in the world was never going to change anything. The best option, at that time, was for us to get behind the club and try and make it work.....unfortunately it hasn't, but the majority of users on here are aware of that and are, once again, trying to stand up and be heard.

I totally agree with that , whoever in the club wanted Brew back had made their decision and that wasnt going to change.

Trying to fight against that at the time would have been useless and while many had reservations about his appointment I for one think the best option was to get behind him and hopefully my doubts would be proved wrong.

It has in my opinion now been proved that it was the wrong decision to take him back and now as things stand it is now the time to be stand up and be heard

Is Brewster to blame? YES. The man is quite simply ripping the heart out of our club. The players completely lack confidence due to a complete lack of continuity in both team selection and tactics. He has regularly chosen to both ignore and critisise the very fans who are the clubs lifeblood. His own arrogance and refusal to accept even part of the responsibility for what is happening beggers belief. We must act like Dundee United did when faced with a similar situation. SACK HIM.

In the interest of fairness CaleyD I was generalising again, having said that though, my posts were derided time and again when I kept on with my anti Brewster rants, Smee suffered the same fate and others too. Can you not afford me a wee bit of vengeance?

I realise the work certain people put in at that time and I am not having a go at them just the general attitude that was held towards anti brew posts on this forum. FFS there is a poster coming on here and branding people as morons for seeing how bad Brewster really is and posting about it, how bad was it back then for the anti brew brigade? For those of us who had the foresight to keep up the protest?

We need to do something, whilst I know Brewster is not the full problem he could if he was skilled enough and able enough have had us sitting comfortably in the table however he is not, I know there are other factors but this one requires attention now and maybe just maybe those who are in the background will stand up and listen and put their ways right.

It feels really bad to be discussing a man's livelihood in this way but I have said it before and I'll say it again I have invested too much time emotion and money into this club to have it destroyed and there are many in the same boat.

If I offended anyone then get over it and channel your energies into something useful on Saturday. You can start with learning these words "BREWSTER OUT OUT OUT" repeat until you cant speak.

Vengeance against who? The very people who are now agreeing with you?

It's hard enough trying to convince those who disagree without getting up the noses of those who are on the same side.

I'd suggest you take some of your own advice and channel that energy into the cause instead of at those who are essentially fighting the same fight as you are.

I mean that in the most respectful manner.

Vengeance against who? The very people who are now agreeing with you?

It's hard enough trying to convince those who disagree without getting up the noses of those who are on the same side.

I'd suggest you take some of your own advice and channel that energy into the cause instead of at those who are essentially fighting the same fight as you are.

I mean that in the most respectful manner.

Good point Don, consider my "I told you so rant over"

No i feel he is to blame as he has invested in players:

Rooney rarely starts

Imrie took long wenough to break into the team

Barrowman well the less said the better

Brew must understand we can't afford to spend more than this so he has to choose well.Also your poin about wyness and dargo was not about wages as wyness was forced out and dargo was offered less money at St Mirren than he was getting at caley it was purely location factor for him.