Brewster to blame?

TopSix

I have absolutely no problem with either Imrie or Rooney, both of whom I like as players.

I do have a problem with inept tactics, incomprehensible substitutions, a lack of ability to continually inspire a team of players who can be superb on occasion, and a total refusal to take the blame for anything.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There may be greater systemic problems at the club but there's no doubt in my mind that Brewster is responsible for the poor form and abysmal results.Money may be tight but, apart from the lack of an experienced forward, we have a very decent squad who are capable of performing much better.

The fact that they do not reach the level they are capable of is not the fault of anyone other than the manager.

The fact of the matter is that Craig Brewster's record as a manager both at Inverness and and Tannadice must be just about the worst in the history of the SPL. The only blame attaching to the board of directors is the decision to reappoint him in the first case coupled with the lack of decisive action to remove him before it becomes too late !

There may be greater systemic problems at the club but there's no doubt in my mind that Brewster is responsible for the poor form and abysmal results.Money may be tight but, apart from the lack of an experienced forward, we have a very decent squad who are capable of performing much better.

The fact that they do not reach the level they are capable of is not the fault of anyone other than the manager.

The fact of the matter is that Craig Brewster's record as a manager both at Inverness and and Tannadice must be just about the worst in the history of the SPL. The only blame attaching to the board of directors is the decision to reappoint him in the first case coupled with the lack of decisive action to remove him before it becomes too late !

I take it from that statement that it is your opinion, that the board have allowed him to sign all his targets and offload all the staff since he arrived, including Barry Wilson, without their involvement??

I would submit that we are not party to the politics of the boardroom, their need for income by way of transfers or their need to reduce wage bills by offloading players BUT I would say that, had the forementioned actions not taken place, Brewster would have had a better selection for positions, in the team, than he has now.

The board MUST be involved in my opinion.

However, would Brewster have made a better job of it, with the better squad? I now have big doubts!

I think he has robbed our team and supporters, of that ingredient so required in any sport - the belief that comes from confidence!

I would also accept that along with the lack of success comes an unhappy dressing room where all minor problems are magnified, this can only be rectified by change of staff or success. I prefer the latter but do not take that as a vote of confidence for Brewster. A new manager does not guarantee success.

If I am correct regarding the loss of confidence, can the club draft in a 'Ra- Ra' guy, you know the ones that can convince you you are ten feet tall and God's gift to the opposite sex. If he can do that, then convincing the defence that Aberdeen are easy or the Aberdeen goals are so wide you can't miss, should be child's play.

Motivation can no longer be left to the management team alone, at this time!

I'm sure that there are constraints on the manager's budget just as there are with any club. Notwithstanding these limitations we have a very good squad of players who are not being deployed effectively from a tactical point of view and who are not playing to their capabilities.

The fault for that lies squarely with the manager who has had more than enough time to remedy things but seems incapable of doing so.

If I am correct regarding the loss of confidence, can the club draft in a 'Ra- Ra' guy, you know the ones that can convince you you are ten feet tall and God's gift to the opposite sex.

We could just use the one that has Brewster believing that fault lies with everyone but him.

Guest Spectre

squad of players who are not being deployed effectively from a tactical point of view

...in the opinion of a number of the armchair critics on this forum, many of whom's opinion is tainted by a vehement anti-Brewster slant.

and who are not playing to their capabilities.

...sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. The players have to accept their share of blame.

As I pointed out elsewhere....I'm not Anti-Brewster, I'm Pro-ICT and want what is best for the club.

How about you try making/arguing a case for keeping Brewster here instead of focusing on those who see things differently and having a go at them.

Guest Spectre

...instead of focusing on those who see things differently and having a go at them.

You have to be joking.

This site is jam packed full of people slagging off Brewster at every opportunity and for every reason. Just about every thread denigrates into Brewster slagging.

Some of the criticism is justified. Some of it is unfair. And some of it is plain abuse and utterly ridiculous.

If pointing out some of this is "having a go", then 'heat', 'kitchen' and 'out of' spring to mind.

...instead of focusing on those who see things differently and having a go at them.

You have to be joking.

This site is jam packed full of people slagging off Brewster at every opportunity and for every reason. Just about every thread denigrates into Brewster slagging.

Some of the criticism is justified. Some of it is unfair. And some of it is plain abuse and utterly ridiculous.

If pointing out some of this is "having a go", then 'heat', 'kitchen' and 'out of' spring to mind.

Spectre you are happy enough to come on here and criticise others yourself without expanding your views.

There are people on here who will enter into a structured and civilised debate, true there are some who will post utter rubbish in response but you do not have to reply to them. I have not heard a decent pro Brewster argument yet, if you have one I would love to hear it.

You have to be joking.

I'm dead serious.

You can continue to have a go at me and others for having a view, or you can offer an alternative view.

You accuse me and others of only posting because we are anti-brewster, at the moment your stance shows nothing more than having a go because your anti-"insert whichever username here".

In short, the position your taking gives you very little credibility IMO.

Guest Spectre

You accuse me and others of only posting because we are anti-brewster, at the moment your stance shows nothing more than having a go because your anti-"insert whichever username here".

I am not anti any particular poster.

I am anti unfair or abusive criticism.

There's way too much of that.

You have to be joking.

I'm dead serious.

You can continue to have a go at me and others for having a view, or you can offer an alternative view.

I feel that this reply highlights a problem that exists on here at the moment, a very strong worded reply using expressions which almost encourage a like response.

It is the case that such is the anti Brewster feeling, that it is difficult to have a balanced thread on here. Even the thread wishing Brew a happy birthday was hijacked by anti posters within half a dozen replies!

On another subject -

Don, why don't you use the current situation to promote your business by printing 'anti brew' slogans on tee shirts?? (You will have to liaise with the board as that a print does not coincide with Brew's waygoing!)

It is the case that such is the anti Brewster feeling, that it is difficult to have a balanced thread on here. Even the thread wishing Brew a happy birthday was hijacked by anti posters within half a dozen replies!

Like I said before there are people on here who will enter into a structured and civilised discussion, you do not have to reply to the others. I made my feelings known in the Happy Birthday thread and I chose to ignore the stupid posts after.

Threads are balanced by the reader. Internet forums, especially football ones, are frequented by all sorts of people it is up to the reader to decide which posts are worthy of a reply and which are best ignored. I know I have been known for posting some utter drivel at times but that is generally when I have either become so blinkered or drunk that I do not think my posts through but if I get a good discussion going then you will get some good posts from me.

Having said all that, I have not heard a decent pro Brewster argument yet and if anyone has one I would love to debate with them. I am open to having my mind changed but I doubt it will happen.

Having said all that, I have not heard a decent pro Brewster argument yet and if anyone has one I would love to debate with them. I am open to having my mind changed but I doubt it will happen.

Weird, but I have yet to see a reasonable attempt at defending Brewster too...

I was never anti - Brewster. Indeed I was one of those trying to get people to put the past behind and try and support the man. I said he should be given until Christmas this season to show what he can do. to be allowed to build his own team. As it seems to have turned out he has had too long. Its not working. There is a relationship problem between Brewster, Thomson and the players.

I've seen things and heard comments away from the game that have convinced me that things are not right behind the scenes.

The team have no passion or desire any more.

For me this is not about results, its about what I've witnessed from the games I've attended this season. The ethos that was "a team, punching above their weight, players playing for each other, fiesty performances, fearful of nobody, performances that shocked no matter the result, shock results". Its not there any more. Theres no enthusiasm. No drive. No guidance. NO LEADERSHIP

Wake up guy's. Look and see whats before your eyes. The Brewster / Thomson partnership has failed.

I was never anti - Brewster. Indeed I was one of those trying to get people to put the past behind and try and support the man. I said he should be given until Christmas this season to show what he can do. to be allowed to build his own team. As it seems to have turned out he has had too long. Its not working. There is a relationship problem between Brewster, Thomson and the players.

I've seen things and heard comments away from the game that have convinced me that things are not right behind the scenes.

The team have no passion or desire any more.

For me this is not about results, its about what I've witnessed from the games I've attended this season. The ethos that was "a team, punching above their weight, players playing for each other, fiesty performances, fearful of nobody, performances that shocked no matter the result, shock results". Its not there any more. Theres no enthusiasm. No drive. No guidance. NO LEADERSHIP

Wake up guy's. Look and see whats before your eyes. The Brewster / Thomson partnership has failed.

Alex I think if people are going to realise that there are things wrong they dont need to look much further than your history of posts over the last couple of months, you were very supportive of Brewster, took some stick for it but stuck to your guns and thought he deserved time. As you said above you have realised that the time has ran out.

All those that think this is all an anti brew or lynch mob mentality should realise that even some of those who gave Brew their full support are realising that enough is enough