The Green Giant Toy Store

EWS

Not sure if it was called The Green Giant or the Jolly Giant toy store. Was out at Inshes. I remember when I was a lot younger that I always wanted to go there because it was HUGE!! Probably wasn't that big in real life mind.

I used to never get to go to Inverness when I was a child, so when we did going here was a treat.

Anyone else remember it?

So it really was as big as I remember? Awesome.

I still love these toy shops. On a recent trip to London me and my mate spent hours in Hamleys. Bought a few things as well. We also went into a Toys 'r' Us near our hotel. It was quite disappointing. However, there is an ace Toy Shop in Belfast that is on an estate just outside it. Cannot remember the name of it for the life of me however.

aye jolly giant brings back the memories.remember the one in the market too and the old manny that ran it, at least he seemed old at the time anyway.what was it called though?

ews , was the one in belfast a smyths ? been in one of them in ireland and they're class

I remember the toy shop in the market , situated a wee bit along from the Locarno Cafe

It was like an Aladdins cave, the mannie had so much in it !

God i'm getting old :rotflmao:

Aye, remember that shop, the Mckenzie brothers ran it, Dunc the taller one had great window dressing skills, he used to empty the stock box into the window display and walk off.

I remember the toy shop in the market , situated a wee bit along from the Locarno Cafe

Aye, remember that shop, the Mckenzie brothers ran it, Dunc the taller one had great window dressing skills, he used to empty the stock box into the window display and walk off.

Known to Invernessians as "Hughie Pram's"

The Jolly Giant was indeed a unit in between Great Mills & the Coop

during my yoof, i used to work at Great Mills and they used to use me & my forklift license as they didnt have one.

the best toy shop was the one in the market run by the Mckenzie bros

• 2 months later...

I had a look round the TOYS r US in New York last month.... what a bloody size!!!! floors and floors of toys and gadgets, great place to spend time when the missus is on 5th ave!

i was there in dec also,couldnt believe they had a big wheel inside it

I had a look round the TOYS r US in New York last month.... what a bloody size!!!! floors and floors of toys and gadgets, great place to spend time when the missus is on 5th ave!

i was there in dec also,couldnt believe they had a big wheel inside it

FAO Schwartz is another impressive one in New York - we were in there the other week .... saw the one with the Big Wheel too but didnt go in ..... we were however drawn towards the Hershey and M&M stores !!!

Guest Muir-Jaggie

i thought inverness had a TOYS R US???? was there no1 in the victoria market for a while and then moved up to the street where all the buses stops are same street as gun smiths????

why did the jolly giant close???

i thought inverness had a TOYS R US???? was there no1 in the victoria market for a while and then moved up to the street where all the buses stops are same street as gun smiths????

why did the jolly giant close???

I think Childrens toy needs grew to much. It was just gettin out of date.

Look at toys r us now all the laptops and stuff like that. Far away from even my days.

Toymaster is the toyshop on queens gate.

Minstine was the one in the Victorian market!!

And they always guessed your name - amazing stuff. Good fun

• 2 months later...