During our registration process, we ask for personal information which both identifies you and enables us to communicate with you. We will use the information you provide only for the following purposes:
: To make you aware of information we feel you may be interested in
: To improve the content, design and layout of our website
: To understand the interests of our registered users
1. Consent to Personal Information
If you choose not to register or not provide personal information, you may still visit the caleythistleonline.com websites but you will not be able to access the restricted areas available to registered users. By completing the registration process, you accept the Terms and Conditions described and consent to our using your information accordingly.
2. Access to Personal Information
We have provided an administration service (your account profile/s) where you can review your personal information at any time to ensure it is correct and current. You will be able to update, correct, change or delete inaccurate details. You may also change your choice of opting in or out of e.mail listings etc. Registered site users are within their rights to request a copy of any information we hold in regards to their account. Please contact a Site Administrator if you require this. .
We have taken appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is not unlawfully processed. caleythistleonline.com uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information, including "firewalls" and Secure Socket Layers (SSL's). caleythistleonline.com treats data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorised access. However, no information transferred over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed to be completely secure. .
4. Deletion of your Personal Data
We are unable to delete your caleythistlonline.com account information containing your personal information for a period of 6 years from the date of your last interaction with us (this could be a forum entry, blog entry or the addition of/interaction with any other part of the site). This is because we may need to access historical information for business reporting or legal purposes. Please note however, that at any point in time you may opt in or out of marketing communications via the 'your account' section of this website.
5. Changes to this policy
Who does it apply to?
Are these privacy policies likely to change?
How does administration use the information you provide?
Administration uses the information you provide to target and personalise the emails we send to you and the offers we make available to you. (assuming you have opted into this) We do this to ensure that you only receive relevant and appropriate information. administration will not sell or give away your personal information to any other person, company or organisation, unless, it is required by law, or you expressly agree to us giving out your information. Demographic and profile data is only shared with administration affiliates and advertisers on an aggregate or collective basis. However, we will never tell our affiliates your name, your postal address or your email address and other such information.
What about security?
Administration has modern and robust security measures in place to protect the information you give to us from loss, misuse and alteration. We are constantly reviewing and upgrading these security measures to ensure the very best of protection to you.
Why does this website record IP Addresses?
When a user joins this website, our computers may record their IP address. In the event that we detect fraud or abuse of our program on our Web site and computers, we may use the IP address of the offender to take action against them. Ultimately this ensures greater protection for you and your personal information.
What about other Websites?
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy statements of other websites that you use. This privacy statement applies only to websites owned and operated by the administrator of this site.
What is spam and does administration send it?
The widely accepted definition of SPAM is unsolicited commercial email, or in other words, email of a commercial nature that the recipient does not want. administration does not send SPAM. If you have received unwanted email sent from administration, or purporting to be sent from administration, please contact administration. If you have any questions about the privacy and permission practices of the administration website or your dealings with administration, please contact administration. We are committed to being of service to you and resolving any issues that may arise.
What about GDPR ?
At the heart of things, GDRP is about being a good steward of the data we store on a user. We always try to be responsible and respectful of our users' data. We dont sell it or give it away and we have recently moved from having just our login pages behind a secure area to the entire site. There are eight basic rights for individual users built into the GDPR legislation . You can read more info here : https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
The right to be informed
- When you register you are informed of the data we will record and keep.
The right of access
- You have the right to see what information is held on file.
- Much of the information held is available in your profile as it is submitted by the uswer.
- A request to the administrator for other information is also possible and you would be provided with a record of the information held in a machine readable format.
The right to rectification
- You have a right to have inaccurate data corrected.
- Users have full control over the content and amount of data held within their profile. Users can modify this themselves. https://caleythistleonline.com/settings/
The right to erasure
- The right to erasure is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- We will - upon request - remove accounts where this has been requested. All posts and data within those accounts will be anonymised.
The right to restrict processing
- This is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances. The main circumstance is when the end user maintains the information is incorrect. As users have full access to and control their own profile data this is unlikely to occur.
The right to data portability
- As noted above, we can provide a machine readable record of your user data held on file.
The right to object
- This gives you the right to object to processing your personal data. Within the legislation this is primarily designed to protect you from direct marketing. We do not take part in any such scheme and do not provide any of our user data to third parties.
Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
- We do not profile our users or make decisions based on any individual identifiable information. We do use Google Adsense for advertisements and Google Analytics to give us some site statistics and demographics but none of these are processing personally identifiable information.
- We will give users the option to opt out personalised advertising when google makes that feature available but reserve the right to limit functionality in accounts that have blocked advertisements.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Depending on your access level and actions on the site, various preference based cookies may be set to enrich your experience. These cookies are used to remember your theme, language and item marking preferences, etc.
Please note that not all the cookies on our sites are set by us but we have indicated in this policy where cookies are set by third parties.
This is a unique session ID for our Prediction League subdomain (predictions.caleythistleonline.com) that expires when you close your browser
Third Party Cookies
How do I change my cookie settings?
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.