Jump to content

  • Livingston 1-1 Inverness CT - SPL


    Ian Broadfoot reports as Alan Morgan helps grab a point for Caley Thistle at Almondvale against Livingston with a late goal after Harald Pinxten had opened the scoring early in the first half.


     Saturday 22nd October 2005  Almondvale Stadium, Livingston
     LIVINGSTON (Paul Lambert)  1 (Pinxten 13)

    Team: McKenzie, MacKay:yellowcard:, Pinxten:yellowcard:, Strong:yellowcard:, Tierney, Brittain, Walker (N Barrett 60), Adams, Dair (Adam 39), G Barrett, Snodgrass (Scott 66)

    Subs - Boyd, Pereira, Miller & Roy


    Team: Brown, Tokely, Dods, Munro, Morgan, Hart (Proctor 70), Fox:yellowcard:, Duncan, Wilson, Wyness, Brewster

    Subs - Bayne, Hastings, Dargo, Parratt, Black & Fraser

     Referee  M Ritchie
     Attendance  3372
     Man of the Match  Harold Pinxten (Livingston)


    For a long time it looked as if Livingston were going to record their first league win of the season but Alan Morgan's 72nd minute goal changed all that. It was an opportune moment for the youngster to record his first goal for the club and it set up a hectic last period. The home side's cause was not helped by Graham Barrett's injury just after Morgan's equaliser. Barrett was stretchered off with suspected cruciate ligament damage and, with three substitutes on the field, Livingston were forced to play for the last 15 minutes with ten men.

    Craig Brewster returned to the Caley Thistle line-up after suspension and Grant Munro came back from injury. Richie Hart replaced David Proctor and Alan Morgan continued in place of the injured captain Stuart Golabek. Livingston player/manager Paul Lambert chose not to name himself despite reserve team outings on his way back from injury.

    Caley Thistle started brightly and looked confident until Livingston took the lead in 13 minutes. Mark Brown touched a Robert Snodgrass header over the bar to concede a corner and Richard Brittain's kick from the left side was hit home by Harold Pinxten from six yards. This lifted the home side and they dominated the rest of the first half. Allan Walker could easily have extended the lead in 23 minutes when he was well placed on the right side of the box but he blasted it over the bar. A Richard Brittain free kick in 37 minutes led to Mark Brown making excellent saves from a glancing header and a strong follow-up shot. It was not all one way and in 38 minutes Liam Fox hit just wide from 25 yards. Close to the break a low shot from Morgan was pushed for a corner by Roddy McKenzie then a dipping Barry Wilson shot went just over.

    Half Time: 1-0

    In the period after the break Wilson shot just wide, an angled Fox drive was cleared by David MacKay, McKenzie held a Hart ball which was helped on by Brewster, Wilson again shot wide and another Fox effort shaved the post. At the other end a Derek Adams shot was blocked on the hour mark then a Paul Tierney close range flick went wide but looked as if it could have crept in. Dennis Wyness raced in on goal from the left in 67 minutes but his angled shot went wide. Caley Thistle's reward came in 72 minutes when Darren Dods was brought down 25 yards out by Greg Strong. A minor fracas ensued and both Strong and Fox were booked. Morgan's low free kick curled into the corner of the net despite McKenzie getting a hand to it. Graham Barrett's injury came with no one around him - his foot caught in the soft ground and he went down. After his enforced departure Caley Thistle tried to take advantage of the ten men but failed. Wilson sent in a sidefoot shot from 18 yards in 83 minutes but McKenzie dived to hold it. Brewster hit over the bar a minute later then a Wilson shot was blocked after he beat three defenders to create space. The three added minutes produced a wide shot from Wilson, a Brewster shot which was deflected clear and an angled Wyness ball which cleared the bar.

    Full Time: 1-1

    Livi were happy to take their third point of the season but felt they could have sealed the game in the first half. Caley Thistle were relieved to take something from a game that had looked lost but also felt they could have won. Caley Thistle remain eighth and Livingston stay rooted at the foot of the table.


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    There are no comments to display.

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy