Jump to content
  • Signup for more content

    Our main forums are visible to guests along with a few other features. Login to access more content.

  • Guest



    A day in the sun for the 400 fans who turned out to honour Bruce McGraw for 10 years of service to Clachnacuddin FC.  Results are always secondary at such events, but Caley Thistle were comfortable winners scoring 6 goals with no return.  Another work-out for the players ahead of the new SPL season and a great day for all involved.


     Saturday 15th July 2006  Grant Street Park, Inverness
    Team: Barry McGraw (Calder 53), Anton, Jarvie, Macdonald (Fraser 71), D Mackay (C Sutherland 66), MacCuish, MacKenzie (Kerr 38), D Ross (A Sutherland 75), Bone (C Ross 75), Bruce McGraw (Lawrie 61), Neill (Lyall 71)
     INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE FC  6 (McAllister 17 & 70, Bayne 24, Wilson 56, McCaffrey 68, Wyness 83)
    Team: Fraser, Parratt, Hastings (Golabek 46), Munro, McCaffrey, Duncan (Keogh 51), Darren Campbell (Matthew Glass 61), McAllister (Campbell 81), Bayne (Wyness 46), Hart (Soane 69), McBain (Wilson 51)Sub -Smith
     Referee  M Ritchie
     Attendance  400 + 1 Dog & 1 Bike

    Match Report provided by Club Historian Ian Broadfoot.

    An afternoon of nostalgia in the sun for Bruce McGraw after ten years with Clach, 337 appearances and 122 goals. His brother Barry returned to start in goal for Clach and he was replaced by Caley Thistle veteran Jim Calder after 53 minutes. Barry’s former team proved too strong for Clach but the goals were a while in coming. Clach started well and in just two minutes Alex Bone sent a curling ball just past the post. Caley Thistle took the lead in 17 minutes when impressive trialist Darren Campbell raced down the right, sent a low ball across goal and Rory McAllister turned it in from close range. Seven minutes later a mix-up in the Clach defence led to a loose ball which Graham Bayne hit low into the net from 15 yards. Bone came close at the other end just before the break but his header was cleared. Caley Thistle ran away with it in the second half and scored four more goals. Jim Calder had barely settled into the Clach goal when Barry Wilson chipped a 20 yard free kick over the wall and into the net to make it 3-0. Bone hit over the ICT bar in 67 minutes but a minute later it was 4-0. Richie Hart took a corner on the left and Stuart McCaffrey rose high to head home. Two minutes later a chip across goal from trialist Matthew Glass was touched on by Dennis Wyness and McAllister netted his second goal via the woodwork. Calder displayed his legendary form to deny Soane, Keogh and Wyness before Wyness scored number six with a low angled ball in 83 minutes.

    A good workout for Caley Thistle, fine entertainment for the 400 crowd (plus a dog and a bike according to the announcer) and a match to remember for Bruce McGraw.

    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    There are no comments to display.

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy