FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cardiff v Motherwell

Kirishima

Cardiff defaulting on payment to Motherwell for 6-7months now for the 180,000 quid remaining of the Paul Quinn transfer. Cardiff, and especially Dave Jones, are very arrogant and incorrectly trying to dress it up as a PR stunt from Motherwell.

I wonder of more and more Scottish clubs will suffer similar problems, as more and more Championship teams juggle their books to have their cake and eat it.

I'd hope that if ever ICT sold a player to Cardiff, or indeed any club in financial bother, they'd ensure it was payment up-front.

I'm sure it will be settled eventually, but is this a sign of things to come? Championship clubs buying players from Scottish teams and then defaulting?

That's one team I hope won't be getting promoted...

Peter Ridsdale is a curse on football. Now-a-days when they go on about fit and proper owners they should have just as stringent examinations for chairmen and boardmembers. He single handedly destroyed Leeds who had to drop to the 3rd tier of English football before Ken Bates (of all people) managed to steady the ship.. all because he was "chasing the dream"!!!

Although Leeds over spent their means this excuse was actually accepted at the time because they reached a Champions League semi final and it's only now, with 5 years of recovery, and his neglect for a different club's finances, Ridsdale's name pops up again. He stood down at Cardiff at the start of the season so he can't take the blame for Bellamy signing but it's clear the damage was already done.

Motherwell are well within their right to take legal action, and hopefully they win. This demonstrates exactly what is wrong with football at the moment

I agree with Chibber.

After what Ridsdale did to Leeds United i'm suprised he ever made a way back into football. I saw John Boyle on Sky Sports yesterday, clearly furious at the case of the unpayed fee for Paul Quinn, given they had just signed Bellamy and another trio of loan players and he was in every right to have a go at Cardiff. If there is a written agreement for payments at a date they should be made. End of.

Gosh John Boyle as soooo angry on sky sports news and yes he does have a real point.

However Motherwell are hardly a white as white club themselves. It is rumoured that there are some players who left when they themselves went into administration have still not seen any of the money they were owed in wages etc.

There are a lot of clubs out there living way beyond their means and its all going to come crashing down eventually.

If it was any other club other John Boyle's, I would have great sympathy. However, as OCG mentions, he is guilty working the system to deny players the wages they were entitled to. Some of them were kids who were left with nothing.

What goes around comes around Frankie!!