Jump to content
  • Signup for more content

    Our main forums are visible to guests along with a few other features. Login to access more content.

  • tm4tj

    Inverness CT 1-2 Hibs - SPL

    Hibees get one over Robbo...


    This first meeting with the Easter Road side ended in disappointment. ICT manager John Robertson kept the same team that had come close to getting a result down at Tannadice a fortnight previously and Hibernian welcomed back skipper Ian Murray into the defence. 

    Caley Thistle began the game well and had most of the early pressure and came close on a few occasions but it was the Easter Road side who opened the scoring with a fine flowing goal after 11 minutes. 

    Dean Shiels sent Derek Riordan away and his fine run down the left ended with him sending a swerving drive from just inside the box into the net, wide of Mark Brown. 

    This stung the home side and Juanjo was in the thick of things and could easily have had a penalty when he was tumbled inside the area but the referee ignored away his protests. The Spaniard was giving the Hibees defence a torrid time of it and with nine minutes remaining in the opening half he was brought down by Gary Caldwell inside the area and on this occasion the referee had no hesitation in pointing to the spot. 

    For the third consecutive game it was Barry Wilson who stepped up to coolly slot the ball into the net for a well-deserved equaliser. Caley Thistle kept up the pressure in an effort to grab another goal before the half-time break but it did not happen and one-each was a fair reflection of a good opening half. 

    Half Time: 1-1

    ICT opened the second period strongly and Juanjo and Barry Wilson set up an excellent chance early on for Richie Hart but his flashing shot went just over the crossbar. The home side fell behind once again on the hour mark when Garry O'Connor¹s shot was partially blocked by the ICT defence but the ball spun up for Riordan who just managed to flick a header into the net. 

    Barry Wilson and Graham Bayne both had chances and Bryan Prunty, a late substitute, nearly grabbed an equaliser, but once again the game ended in defeat and disappointment.

    Full Time: 1-2

    Chances were created and with a bit of luck the scoreline could have been very different.

    They might have got one over Robbo..... but who put the ball in the Hibees net.....


    Inverness CT: 1 (Wilson 37 pen)

    Team: Brown, Tokely, McCaffrey, Munro, Golabek, Keogh, Wilson (Black 78),

    McBain (Hislop 68), Hart, Juanjo (Prunty 87), Bayne.

    Subs Not Used: Fraser, Dods, Thomson, Duncan. Booked: Bayne, Golabek, Tokely, Munro.


    Hibernian: 2  (Riordan 11, 60)

    Team: Simon Brown, Caldwell, Whittaker, Murphy, Beuzelin, Scott Brown, Riordan (Dobbie 81),

    Murray, Glass (Rocastle 64), O'Connor, Shiels (Shields 86).

    Subs Not Used: A Brown, Venus, McCluskey, Fletcher. Booked: None

    Referee: C Thomson

    Attendance: 2011


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    There are no comments to display.

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy