Time for a Reality Check?

absent friend

I honestly believe we are two decisive defenders and one tactically aware manager away from promotion.

We have a really good team, we just need the right manager to make it all work.

Can't argue with that.

No, I wouldn't argue with that either, although some back up for Rooney wouldn't go amiss in addition to two decisive defenders.

Brewster - Cant fault his first stint in charge but this was mostly due to his influence on the field that gained us much needed points. His true managerial skills were shown at Utd and we should never have taken him back. I wholeheartedly think he done the damage before butcher came in. As people above have said, he gave vertually no respect to the more experienced and infulential players, and had too much emphasis around fitness.

Butcher - Excellent when he came in and is starting to get tactics right despite a run of bad results IMO. Unfortunate in not keeping us up, but to draw with Celtic and beat Rangers is sensational whoever you are. Doing well with a depleted squad and i think made the right choice bringing back golly!

The Team - Always knew we'd have fewer players after relegation and am more than happy with who we have. We do however need a stronger back four.

Tactics - Not much wrong with them at the strat of the game, but what happens at half time? jeez!

The Fans -Expect too much but understandable when fed lines from the club. we all need to be behind the lads and not shout abusive chants (such as imrie on saturday) and should also not criticise those who do in fact turn up and chant week in week out. Everyone should buy an old clacker from that toy shop in eastgate - only ?2.50 :lol:

The Board - Who are they and what do they do... I think perhaps it's sleepy, dopey, bashful and doc and they never whistle, because they never work.

The Future -Glad to see Darren and staff working to bring the fans what they want off the park, but i think this christmas period will determine our season. If we get 9 out of 9 in these coming 3 games, then we'll be back in it. anything less and i doubt we'll be in the SPL next season - and to be honest, is that really a bad thing?