FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rumours - this site's stance

Yngwie

From time to time, rumours circulate about the private lives of people at the club. They always come from "a very reliable source" and often turn out to be untrue.

The people in charge of Caleythistleonline have decided that this website should not be used as a forum to publicise such rumours. This is because such stories constitute an unnecessary invasion of the privacy of club employees, and more to the point are often without foundation. Threads started on such subjects therefore risk becoming defamatory, which has obvious legal implications.

We would therefore ask people to refrain from posting comments that refer to rumours of a personal nature. If you wish to find another website with a less cautious approach to discussion of unsubstantiated personal and potentially defamatory matters, feel free to do so.

whilst i respect the sites stance on rumours, threads and comments are being removed that dont even go into any detail whatsoever and are'nt remotely slanderous or whatever. what a load of utter pish.

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

I concur with the above posts. its bordering on censorship now!

FORUM NAZIs

Just for the record I hope you can reflect on the words I left you with before Scotty, back to lurking where I was to remain but this was too good to stay in the dark for.

:rotflmao:

If your post is deleted by the Mods surely it would be common courtesy for them to message you explaining in detail as to the reasons why.

Only so you don't make the same mistake again :thumb04:

Jeezo, damn and blast you guys keep setting the shots up for me. :rotflmao:

whilst i respect the sites stance on rumours, threads and comments are being removed that dont even go into any detail whatsoever and are'nt remotely slanderous or whatever. what a load of utter pish.

If you respect the sites stance then you should understand it why we are doing it. A lot of the threads that are being started are merely continuations of other ones that have been closed for obvious reasons.

I appreciate it is frustrating and you might think that we are being heavy handed but that is the stance we are taking (until I am told otherwise anyway!)

If your post is deleted by the Mods surely it would be common courtesy for them to message you explaining in detail as to the reasons why.

Only in order that you don't make the same mistake again :rotflmao:

Do you have any idea how many posts / threads are having to be hidden / locked right now?

If you respect the sites stance then you should understand it why we are doing it. A lot of the threads that are being started are merely continuations of other ones that have been closed for obvious reasons.

I appreciate it is frustrating and you might think that we are being heavy handed but that is the stance we are taking (until I am told otherwise anyway!)

Only in order that you don't make the same mistake again :D

Do you have any idea how many posts / threads are having to be hidden / locked right now?

:lol: :015: :D :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) :P :021: :D :D

tell them the truth, I have had this arguement with you lot umpteen times now.

How can you have had an argument "umpteen times" with us when you have only made 7 posts? :rotflmao:

Oh come off it, I have complained about posts and made it obvious who I was, I used the same email address as my deleted account (deleted meaning that I am not in breach of the multiple account rule) and I used the username (stonedsailor) of my account on the last forum.

So to make it easy I have changed my display name.

I only rejoined because I couldn't read the threads otherwise.

Oh come off it, I have complained about posts and made it obvious who I was, I used the same email address as my deleted account (deleted meaning that I am not in breach of the multiple account rule) and I used the username (stonedsailor) of my account on the last forum.

:thumb04:

But didn't you start a resignation thread and ask for your account to be deleted? Seems a bit odd if you were only going to sign up again and complain about posts :rotflmao:

But didn't you start a resignation thread and ask for your account to be deleted? Seems a bit odd if you were only going to sign up again and complain about posts :thumb04:

:018: ;) Nice try but being the way you lot are you failed to digest all the information given to you. Blinkered forum NAZIs :lol:

:thumb04: :018: Nice try but being the way you lot are you failed to digest all the information given to you. Blinkered forum NAZIs ;)

I can only guess you are talking about information exchanging between Scotty / Caley D and yourself prior to your resignation thread? If so I am not aware of anything being mentioned to the rest of "us" about it. As far as I know it is between the three of you (if you spoke to the two of them).

:rotflmao: :thumb04: Nice try but being the way you lot are you failed to digest all the information given to you. Blinkered forum NAZIs :018:

;)

I can only guess you are talking about information exchanging between Scotty / Caley D and yourself prior to your resignation thread? If so I am not aware of anything being mentioned to the rest of "us" about it. As far as I know it is between the three of you (if you spoke to the two of them).

Try rereading post number 12 especially the last sentence then you will realise that since I was not able to read the threads as a guest I rejoined with the intention of lurking only, thus making it odd that you find my rejoining odd.

Who is using the communial moderator brain cell tonight?

As i have already said - and it has been deleted. The substance of the rumour is in the public domain therefore to take a stance of not discussing it on this forum is ludicrous. Moderators you are not taking the moral highground by not allowing it to be discussed you are simply driving any discussion underground and adding fuel to the fire .

Edited by Yngwie

Look, it's quite simple.

Anything that is published on this board that is potentially defamatory could result in legal action against those who run the site. Potentially, if this all turns out to be rubbish, they would be breaking the law by allowing it to be displayed.

I don't understand why some people posting here feel justified at putting the moderators at risk just so they can gossip about somebody's private affairs. Grow up, for goodness sake. Or join P&B...

As i have already said - and it has been deleted. The substance of the rumour is in the public domain therefore to take a stance of not discussing it on this forum is ludicrous. Moderators you are not taking the moral highground by not allowing it to be discussed you are simply driving any discussion underground and adding fuel to the fire that if our club staff are not 100% hetrosexual then it is a problem.

Don't call the mods homophobic. As I was told by Scotty this is their site and they will run it how they like, if you don't like it go and set up your own site.

rig and co

yes i respect the sites stance on actual rumours, slanderous comments etc being posted but half the stuff being removed doesn't remotely fall into that category. why dont you just ban the word rumour and be done with it a bit like actors talking about that scottish play instead of sayin macbeth we could talk about say.......well i better leave that to someone else to rule on :rotflmao:

Edited by caleyonup

This is not a debate over "it's my ball so i make the rules".

This should be a chance for us to dicuss our views on information that affects our club and is openly being discussed on other clubs forums. i want it to be discussed so i can show my support to the individual concerned.

Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.

Edited by nativekiwi

This should be a chance for us to dicuss our views on information that affects our club and is openly being discussed on other clubs forums. i want it to be discussed so i can show my support to the individual concerned.

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.

Or the oppertunity for a group of unimportant people to abuse the little amount of power that they possess.

spot on