FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Let's talk about football

Fed up of all these tedious threads about attendances and the like which are dominating the front page. How about a thread where we discuss how good our team is?

We really have been a pleasure to watch in the opening games and have regularly played teams off the park. There really isn't a weak link in the team and this is emphasised by the fact that I don't think the three teams who have faced us at the TCS so far have had more than 5 shots on target in total while we've had at least a couple of dozen. This is an incredible stat and testament to how hard the guys have been working.

The system we are playing at the moment is perfect for the SPL and I hope our future managers (hopefully not for a few years yet!) adopt it and buy players who fit it. The lack of a big man up front helps us keep the ball on the deck and the incredible stamina shown by the midfield beggars belief at times. There are great partnerships developing all over the pitch and the improvement, even since the tail end of last season when we were doing so well has been clear to see.

What do you think the secrets of our success on the pitch are? Do you think we can keep it up?

Based on what we have seen so far this season, this is by far the best ICT team ever.

It's not just the results, or being top of the league, it's the fact that each win was fully deserved after a dominant performance, we've been strong all over the pitch, and as an added bonus we are playing very attractive football too. Enjoy!

Agreed. I'm sick of threads about attendances and building a fourth stand etc.It has been discussed to the death years ago. We should concentrate on the football, i agree that this is the best ICT team ever. I think the secret is, training hard, building good partnerships, being solid at the back and having players that can put our chances away. l

Agreed. I'm sick of threads about attendances and building a fourth stand etc.It has been discussed to the death years ago. We should concentrate on the football, i agree that this is the best ICT team ever. I think the secret is, training hard, building good partnerships, being solid at the back and having players that can put our chances away. l

7 posts in and youre already sick of it. imagine being here for almost 2000 posts... #prayforme

edit: did i say almost? over!

Edited by lukemackay

This is potentially the best ICT ever - the real test will be the ability to maintain the standard and achieve something this season. The other measure will be to see how we cope with injuries and suspensions. Having said that it has never looked better and we look more prepared than ever before.

7 posts in and youre already sick of it. imagine being here for almost 2000 posts... #prayforme

edit: did i say almost? over!

If you must know my old account on here was DornochJAGGIE, forgot my log in details, so made a new account! Put that in your pipe and smoke it son