Watering hole for the 31st (CIS Cup match)

absent friend

Perhaps you may be unaware of the strict 'no member - no entry' now prevailing at the golf clubs at Pittodrie, irrespective of past loyalties.

I have therefore approached the committee of the Bon Accord(the one nearest the stadium) where I am a member and asked if I could have dispensation to block sign in the ICT supporters, on the night.

The answer was  YES!! 

The door person may challenge you and if he does, mention Bill MacDonald and the above agreement and it will be OK.

I, of course, have a vested interest in this!  To travel all the way from home and be refused entry for a drink, with perhaps no time for any alternative venue, due to stricter controls, is not going to provide the correct attitude before the game AND speaking of game, we need all the lubrication we can get to work the tonsils for 90 mins of Heaven!

After Sunday they cannot be so lucky again...1-3, ...1-3,....1-3,....1-3

Thank you Absent Friend for being forward thinking enough to organise this.  I enjoyed my evening in the Bon Accord the last time (well up until the Dons equalised at least)  :003:

I will be coming on CaleyD's minibus, so if it's okay with him, I'm sure we'll take you up on your kind offer. See you there.  Cheers

And yes we have to beat them sometime and knocking them out of the cup sounds as good a time as any.  :001:

Thank you Absent Friend for being forward thinking enough to organise this.  I enjoyed my evening in the Bon Accord the last time (well up until the Dons equalised at least)  :003:

The pies were especially good  :021:

I'll finish work at 3.25pm, then home to change followed by pints and dinner in Belmont Street somewhere...

Think i'll book Thursday morning off work just in case  :023:

Where do you normally go Ross?

Don't say Triple Kirks!  :015:

I do actually frequent Triple Kirks! But because of my mates wants of cheap drink and loose female students  :rolleyes02:

I prefer places like the Howff, Prince of Wales, Tilted Wig, Black Friars and go to Slains quite a lot because I play football with a few of the staff.

Have we strayed slightly off topic here? Absent friend has gone to a lot of bother on behalf of all of us to make arrangements for us and theres only been a couple of posts regarding this. I would suggest that if people are making arrangements for meeting somewhere else, then they start an alternative thread.

Looking forward to you buying me a pint Absent friennd.

Bronson

Personally I would say that, to save the board getting cluttered with several threads on pre match drinking, this generically titled thread would seem suitable to offer up other suggestions to those who might want to or make the Bon Accord.

But that's just me ken?

Yes, that was a good night - in fact I think I still owe Absent Friend and RossP a drink from then!  I don't know yet if I'll make it to the Bon Accord but I'll DEFINITELY be at the game  :001:

Absent friend has gone to a lot of bother on behalf of all of us to make arrangements for us and theres only been a couple of posts regarding this. I would suggest that if people are making arrangements for meeting somewhere else, then they start an alternative thread.

I think people do appreciate Absent Friend's efforts but surely the point is that we all know where the ICT fans are meeting - in this city where we are sadly in the minority.

But that's just me ken?

:015:  Use of the word "ken" suggests you're getting naturalized RiG.  I say it all the time too! 

Perhaps you may be unaware of the strict 'no member - no entry' now prevailing at the golf clubs at Pittodrie, irrespective of past loyalties.

I have therefore approached the committee of the Bon Accord(the one nearest the stadium) where I am a member and asked if I could have dispensation to block sign in the ICT supporters, on the night.

The answer was  YES!! 

The door person may challenge you and if he does, mention Bill MacDonald and the above agreement and it will be OK.

I, of course, have a vested interest in this!  To travel all the way from home and be refused entry for a drink, with perhaps no time for any alternative venue, due to stricter controls, is not going to provide the correct attitude before the game AND speaking of game, we need all the lubrication we can get to work the tonsils for 90 mins of Heaven!

After Sunday they cannot be so lucky again...1-3, ...1-3,....1-3,....1-3

Is this the one on Golf Rd just around the corner from Pittodrie?

There are 3 golf clubs in a row. We used to frequent the Caledonian when we played our home games there as they gave us a kind of associate membership, but the Bon Accord is the one closest to Pittodrie.  There is free parking across the road as long as you are there early enough and it's easy to get away from too after the game.