Wimbeldon match

Tug

59 games all when bad light stopped play. Apparently the final set alone has lasted longer than any other entire match in the history of the game. It's quite astonishing. I watched quite a bit of it and the quality of the play was remarkably high. The French guy must have put more effort into this single match than the entire French World Cup squad combined put into their 3 matches.

Mr Mahut looked like he was still in the first set, fresh as a daisy after 10 hours play, on the other hand, big John was dead on his feet, only his big hitting keeping him in the game.

Astonishing that Mahut asked to stop playing because of the light when all he needed to do was return a few of Isner's serves and keep him moving then the match was his.

Fantastically intriguing entertainment though.

Isner won today 78 - 60. I don't think Mahut had time to warm up properly.

You got the numbers right, just a little bit jumbled up - final set finished 70 - 68.

The equvalent of playing roughly 18 sets of tennis in 11 hours 5 minutes. Mahut looked fresh right through until he lost when the big Yank went from looking dead on his feet to being full of it, til the commentator asked him how he was looking forward to his doubles match in 30 minutes.

Isner won today 78 - 60. I don't think Mahut had time to warm up properly.

You got the numbers right, just a little bit jumbled up - final set finished 70 - 68.

The equvalent of playing roughly 18 sets of tennis in 11 hours 5 minutes. Mahut looked fresh right through until he lost when the big Yank went from looking dead on his feet to being full of it, til the commentator asked him how he was looking forward to his doubles match in 30 minutes.

Thanks for the correction. I can't cope with such big numbers.