FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Caley Thistle v Saint Johnstone 24/10/2015

RiG

First round of league fixtures are done, time for round two and first up it's the Tories of Perth at home who are just one point above us in the table. Earlier this season future 'World Player of the Year' Ryan Christie scored a beauty before we conceded a late, late goal to draw the game.

Draper seems to be hinting that he will hopefully be fit for Saturday and that would be massive boost. We lost our grip of the game when he went off so his return would be a nice boost. Does anyone know what's wrong with the likes of Vincent, Sho Silva etc?

I'd hope we'd be able to field a side along these lines:

Fon Williams

Raven Devine Meekings Williams

Tansey Draper

Polworth Christie Vincent

Storey

I'm not a massive fan of Tremarco especially in an attacking sense. Given that we often play with a very narrow attacking three behind a striker and the width tends to come from the full backs having Williams at LB would be a better option than Tremarco. He's just as good at defending and better going forward. I would prefer to see some kind of 'wide' midfielder in place of Polworth or Vincent but both had been performing well and we are limited in what we can call upon just now.

ICT 6 - 2 Saint Johnstone.

Agree with the Tremarco hook and start embedding Williams at left back. I would personally start Vigurs instead of Tansey but doubt that Yogi ever will. I will be surprised however if Draper starts after seeing how he finished at Killie - so I expect it to be Wedderburn and Tansey starting. Polworth is not a wide player and that is what we are really missing. Motombo is also not the answer. Again I don't think that it would happen but I would give Sutherland a chance. Rigs X1 will probably be Yogi's chance but it will all depend on the pitch, the weather, the wind direction and force !!

• Disagree 1

Assuming he's picked, this will be Greg Tansey's 100th league appearance for us. He will be the 8th player in our current squad to reach that mark.

With the large turnover of players a feature of the modern game, I doubt there are many, if any, other clubs in the Premiership, or indeed the whole SPFL who can boast 8 'century club' players currently on their books.

• Agree 1

Draper will be a big miss, but Vincent's return will be a boost (excellent at County and really missed last week). Think Yogi will go with Tremarco at the back and Williams further forward. Presume he'll bring in Wedderburn if Draper doesn't make it.

Jeez, we are really going to lack pace today! I see where IHE is coming from with Sutherland, but I can't see it happening. I presume Sho Silva still injured?

With so many centurions we must be comparable to the English football team. No wonder Tansey looked apprehensive and out of sorts last week. It must have been nerve wracking 99th playing on that surface,

Well done Greg - is that 100 over both spells ?

Yeah, his total over both spells. 10 league goals in that time - a fair few from penalties - and I think a couple of free-kicks. Could/should we expect more goals from open play from Greg? Not a criticism, just looking at his stats...one thing's for sure - he's a better player than he was in his first spell with the club.

• Agree 1