Exam results

Andrew Fraser

To all those waiting for exam results this week (either by online on Monday or by post on Tuesday) i wish you all the best of luck and hope you all get the grades you wanted.

I am waiting for some, it will determine whether i go to strathclyde or aberdeen uni!!!

Who else is waiting for results???

Looking to do accountancy

If I can offer a bit of professional advice, it's not a great subject to do at Uni. A career in accountancy is great and may well be something you want to aim for, but a degree in it might not be the best way to get there. It's often reported that accountancy graduates make the worst accountants. And what are you gonna do with an accountancy degree if you have a change of heart and realise it's not for you? It's not very adaptable, and doesn't give you the more general and transferrable skills that other subjects can offer.

A Business Studies course usually includes some accounting modules, and is probably a better option (and is more interesting).

And if it's still accountancy you want after Uni, it's the professional qualifications (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) that get you places, a degree carries very little weight in this line of work.

Heilandee- I tell you it is a small world. What is it you do?? At least I know someone reads my posts!!!! :021: :021: :021:

Small world indeed Andrew, i was fitting Sky  for yer Auntie when yer mum phoned with results,coincidence or what? Best of luck whatever you decide to do mate. :022:

Johnboy,eh reckon yer getting confused,(not hard at your stage of life i appreciate) it would seem there are 2 Andrew Frasers and it's the other ane that does the match reports.

Just me thats confused then!!  :029:

Not for the first time.... :blah01:

Andrew's match reports are first class...  :022:

I was astonished when I realised how old he was....  That's why I suggest he should be considering journalism as a career option.

Andrew's match reports are first class...  :022:

I was astonished when I realised how old he was....  That's why I suggest he should be considering journalism as a career option.

Eh agree Johnboy, got meh wires a bit crossed after my coincidental meeting with Anrews Auntie, he's obviously modest as well as talented as she wasn't aware of his ICT writing duties  :clapping03:

It's often reported that accountancy graduates make the worst accountants.

In my experience that's because from when I started doing Accounts and Finance in 3rd year to doing my Degree and now doing my professional training everything is done for you.  You get a trial balance and a few notes and have to make a set of accounts.  Then, you graduate, get a job and get given a bag of invoices and told to make some accounts.  The exams etc you do in school, uni, professionally are to make sure you know your **** it isn't untill you reach work that you realise the exams are completely different from what you'll do at work, but then what other way is there to learn it?  Plus all the stuff you do learn at school/uni is done for you by computers anyway!

Just me thats confused then!!  :029:

Just to confuse you more I too am Andrew Fraser and I too did accounts at uni, although I don't do match reports.