FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Petition for Stewart Paterson

TomCaleyJag

Who's Stewart Paterson?    Does he deserve a vote?

Will the Club respond to a petition?

So many questions?    Any answers - a lifetime ban seems rather harsh - surely there will be grounds for appeal, after a few weeks or so?

If you click the link its all explained there.

Stewart is a teenage fan who was given a lifetime ban from attending ICT matches.

What game was he removed and subsequently banned from? The Hearts game or the Arbroath one or A. N. other?

I would be appalled, for that is the spelling, if a sine die exclusion has been handed down for just ?standing and singing?.

The sanction of ostracizing individuals for the remainder of a game has been employed in the past for exulting when erect.

I would question why in this case the punishment is so extreme.

Do I recall a confrontation with agents acting on behalf of the club?

This club have no idea what it is to have troublesome fans.  I said elsewhere that "some" of those involved in the events at the Arbroath game deserved whatever punishment they got, but I never thought for one second that the club would be dishing out lifetime bans, this kind of action is far too extreme, even if this lad was one of the many who chose to chant and swear at the Steward.

We may not know the whole story, but to my knowledge, nothing more serious than the above happened.  The club have to take action, but a lifetime ban is ridiculous.  No doubt in my mind that this lad is being made an example of and that is wrong.

Soon there will be no one left to witness any example as we'll all either be banned for cheering on the team or will be so fecked off with the club that we'll stop going to matches!

Seems to Mee that someone at the club is letting a wee bit of power go to their head, without remembering that without the fans paying their gate money then they would probably be without a job.

Are the Supporter's Trust doing anything about Stewart?

It may come as a surprise to some but all the other teams are taking similar actions. People are being singled out and banned for the very same reasons as Stewart. Are the clubs making examples? Who knows. I even know of a Rangers fan who got a five year ban from Ibrox because he was seen to associate with known troublemakers. These, unfortunately, are the hard facts of the modern era and unless fans from all teams can get together and show solidarity in the face of the leaders of the game then it will all continue.

Guest TinCanFan

This is the most ludicris move ICT have ever made.  I hope ICT never have to deal with real hooligans because at this rate if that were the case people who cheered when ICT scored would be banned for life as well.  Come on ICT get your act together.

TCF,

Perhaps my previous post didn't quite hit the mark, let me put it in more straightforward language:

You do not get a lifetime ban for cheering a goal!

Are you naive or wilfully ignoring the facts in order to support an acquaintance / contemporary?

To anybody else whose heart is bleeding all over this forum lets just get it straight: We are taking part in the realigning of the geography of Scottish football, stop abusing the privilege that you have.

I don?t know exactly what went on to prompt the ban but I?m sure that a fair representation will never be recounted here. Perhaps after a decent amount of time overtures could be made to reconsider the length of the interdict.

And Im apauled/ apaled/ appalled that 24 hours after a famous victory some people still seem to be more interested in whinging about things in the club. Theres at least three moaning threads on the go just now. Are some of you people never happy or do you just enjoy having something to girn about.

Guest TinCanFan

You do not get a lifetime ban for cheering a goal!

What I said was if ICT keep going the way they are like this then it then they may as well ban people who are cheering for a goal.

And Im apauled/ apaled/ appalled that 24 hours after a famous victory some people still seem to be more interested in whinging about things in the club. Theres at least three moaning threads on the go just now. Are some of you people never happy or do you just enjoy having something to girn about.

No, we are just giving our opinions and our support to the person who is at the heart of one fo the biggest injustices in ICT's history.

let me put it in more straightforward language:

I'm quite fluent in the English language thank you very much.

Thats because there's heaps to girn about. If you want relentless cheeriness you could always watch CBBC instead  :001:

You forgot to add, ?Despite the evidence presented herewith?

Seriously, do you really think that we will ever get to the stage that fans will be ejected for cheering?

If you don?t, don?t bother posting and bothering us with your hyperbole.

You surely have to accept that a serious breach of etiquette must have taken place for such sanction to be even considered.

Perhaps the club may even have persuaded others to leave this as a football matter.

Guest TinCanFan

I was being sarcastic and no I don't think it will go that far but the way the club are going it may get quite close.  ie: people standing close to a chance.

If you don?t, don?t bother posting and bothering us with your hyperbole.

And aren't you the one who came up with some stupid comment about Dean McDonald when he signed for ICT.

Guest TinCanFan

You're the one who drifted it off topic in the first place!  Let me finish by saying that I hope this ridiculous decision is overturned and the bloke involved is allowed back to see his team.

is this a wind up,  surely more info has to be provided before people are expected to sign a petition.

What was he accused of ?

Did he do it?

If  so why did he do it?

This his first offence if he did it?

Who handed out the ban?

If guilty has he apologised?

happy to consider signing once all facts are known