FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kyle Allison

collectiveaction

No place for racism in football but that isn't even close to what we are talking about on this thread so start another one if you think there is really an issue at TCS or among our fans... for me it's not, I've don't ever heard any offensive racial slur in our support.

A few fans have gone overboard after an incident which happened with an ICT player... lets not make this into somethig it isn't

Totally agreee with Harry on this one, this should be the end of it I would think. If it continues though, then would agree something should be done to stop it.

As for racism :finger03: No mention of any racism in this thread, nor have I ever heard it at a Caley game. If that was the case then wouldn't Lionel and Eric be the first targets?

They are among the favourites in the SeshArmy many would say :D

I heard that people got done for singing the famine song at a Celtic game. I was not there so im not sure what happened but I was told that people were getting charged for it

I have never heard of any other Racist comments at the ground and one thing for sure is that Djebi Zadi would never get abused by us as we love him and Odhiambo as well. They are both legends.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will find that you can be charged with breach of the peace of similar for singing "abusive songs with swearing in" even at a football match.. I'm sure the club wouldn't think this type of singing was acceptable either.... we are a family club..

Edited by kiltarlity

Harry

I have no agenda other than wanting to take my kids to football matches without having to listen to drones and drones of abusive chants aimed at people they may know and/or admire. Also tired of having to justify to my six year old son why I don't do something about it!! I am encouraged that this behaviour is now being challenged on a more regular basis and will continue to harp on about it until it stops. Just because all your body hair isn't fully in place doesn't give you the right to behave like that and it needs challenged!!

In the past I've had to explain to my boy what several unacceptable terms mean whether aimed a Asian or Black players at TCS. I am amazed at how often these remarks were laughed at by others and will not allow my kids to grow up thinking that they are acceptable at football or anywhere else in life.

If that means I have an agenda so be it. I hope many others do to!

Cheeers

Sorted

I had thought about going yesterday would have probably taken my 8 year old daughter. Unfortunately I didn't have the money.

Glad we didn't go now, I agree completely with Sorted on this.

It dosen't matter who started it, two wrongs don't make a right. If this young lad was threatened, there are proper channels of action he could have taken..

I can understand that you both are looking out for your childrens well-being but you're at a football match and if you don't want them to hear abusive language then don't take them to a football match. No place for racism in football but that isn't even close to what we are talking about on this thread so start another one if you think there is really an issue at TCS or among our fans... for me it's not, I've not heard any offensive racial slur in our support.

A few fans have gone overboard after an incident which happened with an ICT player... lets not make this into somethig it isn't

Ask my kids who have sat in the lower main stand behind the away dug out how many racial insults were shouted at Nakamura by the four middle aged "gentlemen" with the hipflask? Or who always screams at the black players? Or why is Craig Brewster always being called names and sworn at? Or who was the man who told them what a "fenian c~nt" was?

The saddest part of it all was most, like you think there is no problem. My family had 8 ST's between them and we now have none. The final nail was the totally unacceptable abuse dished out to CB. We know we are not alone in this.

Whether you like it or not there is an element of our "support" which is unacceptable. This is not a one off incident and pretending otherwise will only give it some kind of acceptability. There is a problem and it needs addressed.

The saddest part of it all was most, like you think there is no problem. My family had 8 ST's between them and we now have none. The final nail was the totally unacceptable abuse dished out to CB. We know we are not alone in this.

I wouldn't say this abuse was 'totally unacceptable'. :rolleyes:

I think you will find that you can be charged with breach of the peace of similar for singing "abusive songs with swearing in" even at a football match.. I'm sure the club wouldn't think this type of singing was acceptable either.... we are a family club..

How are we a family club?

What makes us different from any other club that makes us a family

That is another way of saying we are a small club

And if people were going to get charged for breach of the peace for swearing at a football match I think it would have happened already dont you. There has been songs getting sung with swears in them at football matches for years and years and why do we have to be different than every other club.

You wont hear Celtic, Rangers and English clubs complaining about swearing at a football match will you

I would rather have songs with swearing in them and have a brilliant atmosphere like yesterday that no singing and a usual crap support from Caley fans.

That is one of the reasons I stopped going to watch games in the last few years of the SPL. I couldnt stand the bloody silence at the games. It is supposed to be about making as much noise as possible to get behind your team. Even if it is abusive to the opposition our players on the pitch will still get a boost

But we should never be abusive to our own players

I can see where both sided are coming from. If you have a personal issue with one of the team, it should be dealt with away from the game. However, I believe Allison was the one who started the confrontation and the lad in question, who like most ICT fans, wouldn't know Allison if he walked past them in the street, obviously was angered by this and is venting his anger the way he feels best.

Edited by YaBoy

Harry

I have no agenda other than wanting to take my kids to football matches without having to listen to drones and drones of abusive chants aimed at people they may know and/or admire. Also tired of having to justify to my six year old son why I don't do something about it!! I am encouraged that this behaviour is now being challenged on a more regular basis and will continue to harp on about it until it stops. Just because all your body hair isn't fully in place doesn't give you the right to behave like that and it needs challenged!!

In the past I've had to explain to my boy what several unacceptable terms mean whether aimed a Asian or Black players at TCS. I am amazed at how often these remarks were laughed at by others and will not allow my kids to grow up thinking that they are acceptable at football or anywhere else in life.

If that means I have an agenda so be it. I hope many others do to!

Cheeers

Sorted

I had thought about going yesterday would have probably taken my 8 year old daughter. Unfortunately I didn't have the money.

Glad we didn't go now, I agree completely with Sorted on this.

It dosen't matter who started it, two wrongs don't make a right. If this young lad was threatened, there are proper channels of action he could have taken..

I can understand that you both are looking out for your childrens well-being but you're at a football match and if you don't want them to hear abusive language then don't take them to a football match. No place for racism in football but that isn't even close to what we are talking about on this thread so start another one if you think there is really an issue at TCS or among our fans... for me it's not, I've not heard any offensive racial slur in our support.

Ask my kids who have sat in the lower main stand behind the away dug out how many racial insults were shouted at Nakamura by the four middle aged "gentlemen" with the hipflask? Or who always screams at the black players? Or why is Craig Brewster always being called names and sworn at? Or who was the man who told them what a "fenian c~nt" was?

Whether you like it or not there is an element of our "support" which is unacceptable. This is not a one off incident and pretending otherwise will only give it some kind of acceptability. There is a problem and it needs addressed.

That abuse was from people in the main stand as you said and lets be honest they are all middle aged gentleman as you put it who only go to the games for a good moan

The fans from yesterdays game that were singing the songs were probably mostly from the North Stand so dont try to put extra blame onto them

I can see where both sided are coming from. If you have a personal issue with one of the team, it should be dealt with away from the game. However, I believe Allison was the one who started the confrontation and the lad in question, who like most ICT fans, wouldn't know Allison if he walked past them in the street, obviously was angered by this and is venting his anger the way he feels best.

Not sure if you decided to make the journey yesterday YaBoy, but there was definitely more than 1 person shouting abuse. The guys were great and sung for the whole 90 minutes. The noise from our support was clearly heard by the media and mentioned a few times. Great atmosphere, great support, few numpties.

jaggie1994

ICT promote themselves as a family club, were you at the open night recently, hundreds of kids getting photo's taken with players and autographs.

We need to get the kids in young and get them supporting their local team, it's the very future of the club that is at stake.

You only need to watch young children playing footy in any Inverness park/street to be aware how many become default rangers/celtic fans.

Edited by kiltarlity

Not sure if you decided to make the journey yesterday YaBoy, but there was definitely more than 1 person shouting abuse. The guys were great and sung for the whole 90 minutes. The noise from our support was clearly heard by the media and mentioned a few times. Great atmosphere, great support, few numpties.

Not really my point though is it? I am aware there was more than the lad in question doing the chanting.

jaggie1994

ICT promote themselves as a family club, were you at the open night recently, hundreds of kids getting photo's taken with players and autographs.

We need to get the kids in young and get them supporting their local team, it's the very future of the club that is at stake.

You only need to watch young children playing footy in any Inverness park/street to be aware how many become default rangers/celtic fans.

No I wasnt their but that doesnt make them a family club. That is giving something back to the supporters. A way of trying to get more people to come in and watch them to give more support to the team and more importantly to make some money. Cause we do need to make as much as we can right now

If that is what you think makes a family club does that mean Man U are a family club (well yeah cos the Glazers own them) as they did exactly the same thing yesterday for the final training session before the Community Shield

Every club does it but it just doesnt get advertised a lot. We are just doing what every other club does and we should keep doing it as often as possible because you are right we do have to many kids running about with Celtic and Rangers tops on and we need to try and get that fixed

jaggie1994

.... and you expect all these kids to grow up to be saints?

I started watching ICT when I was 12, now older and wiser I know what to expect from going to a football match but I manage to carry the occasional sentence without cursing. I would suggest you sit in the family section/main stand or for away matches sit away from the people chanting if you are concerned with the language... and if you hve any problems in that designated area you have every right to complain. I hate the whole "family club" description of our club.. infact I believe that is the major reason that we have such a dire atmosphere at TCS, remember football clubs became successful in the days gone because of working class men... if you want something to do with your family go bowling

this has gone well off topic though, we were talking about the abuse directed at Allison, which IMO was unacceptable

Edited by Harry Chibber

I started watching ICT when I was 12, now older and wiser I know what to expect from going to a football match but I manage to carry the occasional sentence without cursing. I would suggest you sit in the family section/main stand or for away matches sit away from the people chanting if you are concerned with the language... and if you hve any problems in that designated area you have every right to complain. I hate the whole "family club" description of our club.. infact I believe that is the major reason that we have such a dire atmosphere at TCS, remember football club which became successful in the days gone were because of working class men... if you want something to do with your family go bowling

Well done that man, couldn't put it any better myself.

jaggie1994

I started watching ICT when I was 12, now older and wiser I know what to expect from going to a football match but I manage to carry the occasional sentence without cursing. I would suggest you sit in the family section/main stand or for away matches sit away from the people chanting if you are concerned with the language... and if you hve any problems in that designated area you have every right to complain. I hate the whole "family club" description of our club.. infact I believe that is the major reason that we have such a dire atmosphere at TCS, remember football club which became successful in the days gone were because of working class men... if you want something to do with your family go bowling

Well said

I started going to Caley Matches when i was 4 years old and Im fairly sure my dad did a fair bit of swearing at the games. I honestly dont see why people make such a big deal with swearing. You can protect your kids when they are young and they will get one hell of a shock when they are older or you can let them go to football matches and get them used to it now.

The family section is there for a reason and please to god dont complain when people try to make a noise at TCS just becuase it has a few offensive words in it. That is what is stopping us having an atmosphere like yesterday at homes games

Away teams would hate to have to come up here if they knew they were in for a hostile reception and we weuld win the majority of out games becuase of it and yes fans can make that big a difference on the game

I believe Kyle Allison was on holiday and saw an ICT fan with his ICT top on and squared up to him as Allison is a County fan. Said fan was at the game yesterday, hence the chants.

Thats spot on, Allison saw the boy with an ICT top on in Zante, and started giving him abuse for being an ICT fan.

And has since been trying to find out the boy's name back in Inverness so he can have a fight with him.

Deserves to get the chip knocked off his shoulder IMO.

:lol: :( Oh come on, you are either really gullible, majorly exaggerating or are probably about 15-16 years old? Im sure Allison has been trwling the streets of Inverness trying to find out the name of one guy so he an fight him. :rolleyes: Get a grip!

the fans all made a massive difference yesterday, gave the players a lift and they appreciated it at the end.

as for allison, couldn't care less. if the stories are true, which i doubt, then it could almost be described as just, although there were a fair few singing it. if the stories aren't true, ah well, it was probably only for the one match, and they won't try it at home games.

allison's a big boy, i think he can handle it.

as for the abuse of brewster, none of it was overboard, and he deserved what he got. everyone seems to have mellowed a bit, time seems to be a good healer on this site.

I believe Kyle Allison was on holiday and saw an ICT fan with his ICT top on and squared up to him as Allison is a County fan. Said fan was at the game yesterday, hence the chants.

Thats spot on, Allison saw the boy with an ICT top on in Zante, and started giving him abuse for being an ICT fan.

And has since been trying to find out the boy's name back in Inverness so he can have a fight with him.

Deserves to get the chip knocked off his shoulder IMO.

:( :( Oh come on, you are either really gullible, majorly exaggerating or are probably about 15-16 years old? Im sure Allison has been trwling the streets of Inverness trying to find out the name of one guy so he an fight him. :rolleyes: Get a grip!

Nah I'm a bit older than 16 lad :(

Never said he was out trawling the streets looking for anyone :lol: Allison was out last weekend and asking 2 people I know who it was etc.

He is a County fan and a general down to earth lad. He is not affected by the abuse at all he thinks it is quite comical getting abuse by people paying his wages :lol:

No one's slagging him for being a C*unty fan, as has been said before some players have gone on to be Legends for teams they would probably despise as a supporter. As for the second part, that's a good way to look at it I suppose, so fair play to the boy. :rolleyes:

He is a County fan and a general down to earth lad. He is not affected by the abuse at all he thinks it is quite comical getting abuse by people paying his wages :(

No one's slagging him for being a C*unty fan, as has been said before some players have gone on to be Legends for teams they would probably despise as a supporter. As for the second part, that's a good way to look at it I suppose, so fair play to the boy. :lol:

From reports he sounds like a decent keeper, obviously if he did square up to a Caley fan :rolleyes: your not going to like the lad

Great atmosphere, great support, few numpties.

It's not as simple as that. The numpties you refer to are central to the great atmosphere. They can be seen home and away, always trying to get the singing going, always having a laugh and always getting behind the team on the park. I'm not sure if they contribute to this forum but i think it would be handy if someone came on stated exactly why they have a problem with Kyle Allison. If what i heard yesterday is true, then Allison should not be playing for this club.

I started going to Caley Matches when i was 4 years old and Im fairly sure my dad did a fair bit of swearing at the games. I honestly dont see why people make such a big deal with swearing. You can protect your kids when they are young and they will get one hell of a shock when they are older or you can let them go to football matches and get them used to it now.

Sorry for going off topic but I can mind taking my son to his first ever game, when he was around 5 or 6 years old....

Halfway through the game, without thinking, I realised I was swearing at a refereeing decision...

I turned to my son and apologised.... I told him I shouldn't be using words like that...

I's a long time ago now, but I've never forgotten his reply....

"Aww feck dad... Don't worry about me"

Great atmosphere, great support, few numpties.

It's not as simple as that. The numpties you refer to are central to the great atmosphere. They can be seen home and away, always trying to get the singing going, always having a laugh and always getting behind the team on the park. I'm not sure if they contribute to this forum but i think it would be handy if someone came on stated exactly why they have a problem with Kyle Allison. If what i heard yesterday is true, then Allison should not be playing for this club.

Good post, i'd be happy to explain. I was on holiday with my friends a month or so ago, walking down the street wearing my caley top. When a boy stoped me and said he played for "that team", i asked his name and he said Kyle Allison. He then carried on 2 say he was a massive county fan, and then rubbing in that we (the club who pays his wages) had just been relegated. He then started becoming pretty violent so my friends and aye walked off. Then last weekend in town he spotted my friends and confronted them trying 2 find out my name because he wants 2 "beat me up" :lol:. I didnt start the song yesterday, it was friends that i'd told the story 2 but i will admit i joined in. Some people are taking it to seriously, he and Shane just laughed it off anyway.