FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

at the game

MissICT

On his last ever game for us, Mr John Rankin punched the corner flag in frustration. He wasn't expecting it to bounce back from its near horizontal position and hit him in the face :rotflmao:

I remember during the Rankin saga we got horsed by Hibs in the cup at Easter Road.

After a hearty of rendition of "Cowie hates the County," some bright spark in the crowd followed up with "Rankin hates the Caley."

:thumb04:

Edited by chris123

Saw a guys false teeth fly out of his mouth as the Howden End went wild when Alan Hercher equalized against St Johnstone at Telford Street, way back in the glory days...v funny....

dont know if he got it back, so they maybe buried under the car park

One of the strangest things i came across at the footy was back in '92,on a visit to the food kiosk, an assistant politely asked what i would like,smiled when she served me my pie and bovril and when i ate the peh it was hot in the middle without being burnt to a crisp on the outside AND the bovril didn't leave a blister on the roof of my mouth.

Aye right!

Anyone remember playing at Pittodrie after we beat celtic 3-1 in the cup, we started singing to the noisy dons fans in the Dick Donald Stand "You cannae beat the celtic" (they'd just been pumped in a league game at the weekend by celtic).

Silence from the dons support for about 10 minutes before they came back with "You cannae beat St.Mirren!" (the midden had just beat us at the weekend after aberdeen put them out of the cup in the previous round!) Nice!

They got a round of applause for their efforts!

Ian McCall kicking a paint tin in the tunnel at the TCS .... I think he thought it was an empty tin and the look on his face when he realised it was full and he had just burst it open was pure class.

I was thinking about this today:

what's the funniest or weirdest thing that has ever happened to you at a football match?

Or who have you meat at a match that you would think would never go to a match?

I was at an international match in Hamden either 1975/76. Dalgleish just scored and this bog guy beside me was jumping all over the place. Suddenly a bottle of Champagne that was inside his jacket shot out and clonked the fellow in front then exploded on the concrete. It went quiet for a moment then everyone started jumping again. The boy whose bottle it was started greeting while jumping with the crowd.

I could write a book !!

Yer all a wee bit too young but the memories of Rod The Mod invading the pitch in a three piece white suit and platform shoes, Dan Fridge and the Whippet racing, The **** (Murdo) from Elgin taking on the Howden End by himself, Arnie and Willie Fraser having a sprint race (imagine that now!!), Jimmy Calder sitting on the bar - most recent being put under surveillance by the polis for a threatened streak. :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: