FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Celtic : Matchnight Thread

Scotty

wasnt great performance celtic deserved it i thought we defended well ryan didnt have to do much but we didnt create enough at the end of the day but the game hinged on the celtic equaliser. go in 1-0 up and then with the way they played on a pretty bobbly surface then we hold all the aces and they have to push and with hayes and doran on we have a chance on the counter but losing that goal just turned the tie

Yngwie was right. and so was Ginger Jaggie.

When Celtic scored just before half time that turned the tide and gave them the ascendancy.

Jonny came on too late and like most of the Caley Players was encircled by Celtic players as soon as they attempted to move on the attack and never got out of the groove.

On the other hand ,what I saw in the 2nd half indicated that ICT players never closely marked any of the Celtic players who, as a result, had plenty of space to run and pass. And so their passing was very good in midfield but I was not THAT impressed at their attempts to score close in to the goalmouth.

ICT did play quite well with some controlled passing but never got close enough to goal to trouble the Celtic defence and their goalie was good too(2nd half)

That video link was not half bad though.

I only saw the second half but the video was better than nothing at all being available on the airwaves.

Oh well, next season beckons.

Just back.

Disappointing result but I was very pleased with our performance - we kept it tight and defended very well for long periods. Celtic had a monopoly on possession but what do you expect - four of their starting lineup played at the world cup last summer. Their two goals were about the only bits of shoddy defending from us; sadly teams like Celtic make you pay for your mistakes.

There were two big turning points - firstly the failure to hang on to half time, and secondly Forster's unbelievable save from Sutherland. At that time Celtic looked frustrated and out of ideas, and I think that if we had gone in front again we would have had a good chance of hanging on.

A good team effort, everyone looked like they had run themselves into the ground. Stand out for me was Russell Duncan, who kept getting a foot in and used the ball far better than usual. Foran gave Juarez a really hard time, and I thought Rossco was the pick of our back line.

Several of these Celtic players are far too good for this league - Hooper, Izaguirre and Kayal stand out like a sore thumb. Izaguirre might be the fastest guy I've ever seen on that pitch!

Never will I complain again about BBC coverage. That was horrible having to listen to those 'commentators' tonight. One of them even thought the Moray Firth was Loch Ness. Onwards and upwards from here on in in the league. Top six is still a possibility.

Poor defending cost us dearly. Ledley was given so much time & space for the first it beggars belief. Did he get the 2nd as well? Whoever it was had a free header as we played musical statues.

I'd have hoped we might have gone hell for leather to get an equaliser with 20 minutes to go but it wasn't to be and in the end we went out with a whimper.

Thought Duncan was immense in midfield tonight (and was my MOTM), Esson bar one dodgy clearance was his usual reliable self, Rooney put in a hell of a shift with little support & Foran had a very good spell in the second half.

Unfortunately we also had Stuart Duff in our team and he was rank rotten. How he gets picked week in week out is a mystery. If he's not passing to the opposition he's passing it out of the park. :irritated:

What has Butcher said by the way? All I've heard on the radio is Chick interviewing the entire Celtic team in turn!!