FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Current buses to the stadium

12th Man

IHE, especially buses for guys with only :wink: one good eye!

Like this gentleman who appears to have had a laser peripheral irridotomy in his left eye, a laser trabeculaplasty, four eye injections at $300 a pop,  a vitrectomy, a cataract surgery at $400 a pop with one more to come -- and all under local anaesthetic ; fascinating stuff-- ; countless eye pressure tests together with countless OCT (optimal coherence tomography) tests and over 2000 eye drops already with no end in sight to the end of time.  

and for Scarlet when he comes to town.................... :canada:  :scotland:  :dancing:

• Agree 1

Glad I live in Scotland Scarlet, Trabeculoplasty and peripheral irridotomy scheduled, two failed trabeculectomy ops, cataract op, two ten day consecutive eye injections both eyes plus others, ( lost count ) local anaesthetics for all of them. Eye pressure and visual fields tests on a regular three monthly basis, swimming in eye drops. total cost to me Zilch and boy am I grateful.

Ever changing lenses and paid up eye plan at the opticians  to monitor progressive condition  is quite enough cost without your burden. Don't think I have had the optical coherence tomography though, maybe that's a treat in store for a rainy day. Who knows!

Free Busses for the boys I say. As long as we can see them!!!!!!!!!!

Bughtmaster I will contact you later. Did not like the video of the complicated operation named trabeculectomy. Too many things can go wrong I reckon.

Don't worry about a trabeculoplasty. Totally free and totally painless.Painless holeing from the laser into the Iris  maybe 70-80 shoots and it does work--increases drainage from the eye , thus reducing pressure. Reduced Scarlet's  IOP (intra Ocular pressure) by a very significant number from 18/20 to 13.. :clapoverhead:

Same  with cataract surgery. Nice under local anaesthetic when you can look up and see parts of your eye being taken out. Ha!  15 minutes later you've got a new lens in there. But your pocket book is $400 less.. Sigh.

Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous lining at the back of the eye where the macula is located. With age it can shrivel a wee bit and pucker, thus distorting the ability of the lining at the rear of the macula to go flat again.The macula is that spot at the back of the eye where the light focuses and then transmits that image to the brain via the optic nerve. By going flat it lessens the distortions but will NOT arrest the neo-vascularisation of the tiny new blood vessels behind the macula that are causing the problem.

ARMD. Age Related Macular degeneration does the damage at the back of the eye and the N/Vascularisation tries to rejuvenate new veins which, in due course,  break open because they are gentle and injury prone, and flood the area with fluid, thus pushing up on the macula which distorts the vision. The vitrectomy did not work in Scarlet's  case but the operation itself was fascinating. Under local anaesthetic Scarlet was able to see despite having 4 instruments stuffed through the eyeball. Injections of Avastin do reduce the neo-vascularistaion though and in some cases can stop it. But Not in Scarlet's case.

Peripheral Irridotomy:  no real pain but you feel the laser bolt when it hits you -. THUMP . One in each eye.Opens up a hole in each Iris(the colored part) to improve drainage. and thus reduce pressure in the eyeball. Then these wee holes are there for a whiley--probably a few years.

Eye pressure, if rising, reduces the ability of the body to deliver a sufficient supply oxygen to the retinal nerve which starts to die. Once dead it never can be rejuvenated. Therefore it does not deliver the image correctly to the brain and that is why  images grow dim and it reduces peripheral (at the sides)  image enormously and you can only see well through the centre of the eye until you eventually lose all vision in the eye.  Not good for driving. This image  is further compromised by the distortions presented to the retinal nerve by the distorted macula  and so on and so forth.

Now Dr Kevin has put Scarlet on a two- a -day drop regime of new drops to strengthen the  retinal nerve.This is a new  thing so let's see what develops.  

That's in addition to the drop- a -day of DuoTrav for pressure reduction. and control. We started off with Travatan Z but he thought maybe we should up the ante to DuoTrav which combines both a fluid which INCREASES the outflow off fluid from the eyball (better drainage) and REDUCES the inflow of fluid into the eyeball. So far so good.

Talk to you later . Cheers

SP

And to illustrate my timelord capabilities I have ordered a bus to take 12th Man to the next game. It is probably one that he has been on before and it will be the same price as the last time he was on it - 2d.

1391872_10202150928764766_1493226006_n.j

I do believe that bus is turning left from Strothers Lane into the Farraline Park bus station in an era when the ramp up to MacRae and Dick can still be seen behind it. Judging from what looks like an Austin 1800 and the very short skirt on the girl who appears to be wearing a Royal Academy blazer, the photo may date from the mid/late 60s to the early 70s. The tin shed on the right of the photo is also long gone.

But to return to topic - I have only been on the Caley Club bus once, for last October's derby. I could certainly recommend it, except that when I came back out of the stadium after that particular 3-1 home win I jumped on to the bus in the layby with the words "Is this the Caley Club bus. I looked up just as one of a number of very glum faces replied: "No! This bus is going to Dingwall!"

It was a very long five steps back off that bus amid robust abuse :ohmy: