FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

We Need A New Manager For Next Season

Kingsmills

Should Craig Brewster Be Repaced As Manager ?  

692 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Delay Decision Until The End Of The Season

I always worried about Brewster's ability to actually build a team, and it seems I am being proved right unfortunately. I haven't made it to a game this season so I can't comment on specific performances, but Brewster was shocking at Yinited and it seems more and more likely that he got lucky during his first spell here.

He took us over when we had a settled squad and more than enough ability to finish where we did, so didn't have a lot to do really. I'm not saying he was rubbish as he obviously made tweaks and small changes such as the fitness etc. However, the foundation was there and no major changes were required. He seemed to play himself far too much at times and seemed a bit selfish as the tactics appeared to be "thump the ball to Brew" in certain games, the worst being a trip to Motherwell i recall. Brew up on his own, everyone thumping the ball up to him, which the Motherwell defence dealt with comfortably.

He then left us to join Dundee United, and actually had to build a team as Yinited were hopeless at the time, yet he was clueless and actually made them worse! He had to go there and buy players to replace the dross that they had at the time, which he managed to do by buying more dross, such as Proctor and Steven Robb. His amazing record of about 3 wins in 30-odd games or whatever it was showed that whilst good at coaching a good team, he clearly had no eye for a player and could not buy a decent player.

This amazing record led to him getting the sack, and the fact that Levein has largely the same squad barring a few additions shows that Brewster has no tactical or motivational nous either, and Levein doesn't have Robson to bail him out either! So this appeared to be a record so good that ICT brought him back when Christie resigned, and barring a decent run towards the end of last year, we've been useless. Added to the fact of his reported treatment of players such as Rankin and Wyness (I don't know the stories well enough to comment properly), it all adds up to the fact that I think he should go.

So it's over to the ICT Board now, we've never been in the position of having to sack a manager before and they've got a decent record of doing what's necessary (barring Brew's reappointment), so it's time they stood up and did the right thing.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't disagree with those asking for an announcement soon. I don't post here often and last time I did about Brewster I think it was something along the lines of, "I didn't think he was the right man for the job, but as a fan of the club let's wait til the end of the season and judge from there". Well, our season is over now in reality and nothing has made me believe he is taking this club anywhere but the 1st division. Aside from the playing side of things, the treatment of certain players has been a disgrace. If we are going to appoint a new manager Brewster has to go now to give some time to find a new manager before the end of the season, so that he can assess who he wants to keep and where he needs to strengthen during the summer. Bottom line, like many other people have already said today - Brewster OUT NOW!!!

Can't disagree with those asking for an announcement soon. I don't post here often and last time I did about Brewster I think it was something along the lines of, "I didn't think he was the right man for the job, but as a fan of the club let's wait til the end of the season and judge from there". Well, our season is over now in reality and nothing has made me believe he is taking this club anywhere but the 1st division. Aside from the playing side of things, the treatment of certain players has been a disgrace. If we are going to appoint a new manager Brewster has to go now to give some time to find a new manager before the end of the season, so that he can assess who he wants to keep and where he needs to strengthen during the summer. Bottom line, like many other people have already said today - Brewster OUT NOW!!!

You need to post more often, Troublegum....  :018:

I always worried about Brewster's ability to actually build a team

So it's over to the ICT Board now, we've never been in the position of having to sack a manager before and they've got a decent record of doing what's necessary (barring Brew's reappointment), so it's time they stood up and did the right thing.

Couldn't agree more, G.

Get in Jim Duffy and bring back Baz....NOW!

We are so missing the experience of Baz and someone who actually has passion for the club and knows how to implement tactics, how 2 get the players working as a team again and create oppertunities from nothing...we have nobody of late..and the results are showing this.

The lack of leadership, direction is so poor of late i cant see the situation getting better.

We seem to be in freefall and the confidence must be rock bootom with the players and they all must be wondering wat is going on when the manager can treat experience pros like the way he has.

Surely he must walk and think he will at the end of season if not pushed cos i think he knows the players aint playing for him and have lost respect of him due to his poor man-management style.

This game is business oriented and the lack of points means less ????'s at the end of the season. If poor performances are allowed to continue then i am sure the attendances will suffer. Thus resulting in less monies available for next year!!!!!!!!!

The Board must and should listen to the fans.

Thank fek for Gretna!!

Has nobody on here sussed that Ralph milne is the enigma that is Craig "Ego" Brewster check his postings all about how brewster is the messiah

Craig do us all a favour and get tae ****,you were Sh... First time around and your even worse now

You are Tactically inept,Big Ego Cant string a sentence together and the players hate you!!

Oh But You are a fitness guru,take up a job as a personal trainer its all your fit for!!!

Has nobody on here sussed that Ralph milne is the enigma that is Craig "Ego" Brewster check his postings all about how brewster is the messiah

Craig do us all a favour and get tae ****,you were Sh... First time around and your even worse now

You are Tactically inept,Big Ego Cant string a sentence together and the players hate you!!

Oh But You are a fitness guru,take up a job as a personal trainer its all your fit for!!!

No... wrong there... I used to think that too, until a Ralph Milne post appeared about 4pm one Saturday afternoon when Brewster was sat in the dug-out..

I've made contact with him - he is not Brewster...

I know what you mean about the posts.... same as that Stevieco guy who only ever posts on Marius.

Like when you see somebody yapping on about how we have achieved so much by getting into the SPL,  punching above our weight, the difficulties in attracting people up here to the frozen north...etc, etc... You just know it's Savage, or a member of the board....

I origionally voted for Brewster to go. After a few hours of calming down and thinking about it I feel.

1. The board probably consider this season a write off and I don't think they will go to the trouble of replacing Brewster before the end of the season. Even at the end of the season I can't see it happening. It seems like it would be too much hard workfor them and they would rather plan a summer concert at the stadium  :023:

2. Brewster should be given a chance to explain his teams poor performance and explain to the fans what he intends to do about it e.g punishing players he feels have been playing badly, altering tactics.

3. Who would be a likley candidate for Brewsters replacement that is without a club/ likley to be willing to come and manage us.

4. We must remember that there are events behind the scenes that we are not aware off. There could be various reasons as to why we are doing so badly. Their will also be events behind the scenes that impare us into choosing a suitable sucsessor to Brewster if it comes to that.

I've made contact with him - he is not Brewster...

I know what you mean about the posts.... same as that Stevieco guy who only ever posts on Marius.

Like when you see somebody yapping on about how we have achieved so much by getting into the SPL,  punching above our weight, the difficulties in attracting people up here to the frozen north...etc, etc... You just know it's Savage, or a member of the board....

Johnboy I  have never hidden the fact I am a friend of marius but I have nothing to do with the club

Reefinweedallday

You've obviously sussed me out yeh i'm the manager and your Sir Alex ferguson right ?

You obviously know f... all about football and the way its run because some of the ***** you've posted is beyond belief. You and people like you are the reason I seldom watch live football now because the crap and nonsense that some people spout is a joke. How can a manager expect to build a team in less than a season ? the reality and your expectations are miles apart :018:

I will probably get a reprimand for this rant but muppets like YOU need to get real

P.S You can also check my post on the other thread, maybe you'll be telling me i'm someone else next :33:

No i firmly believe your the ego!!!

You watch live football every other week Mr Brewster, well if thats what u call it,i can see your point you probably dont watch live football right enough

live sh... yes!!!

What sh... have i posted then messiah,disagreed with u and how Sh..ite a manger u are well hey the facts speak for themselves

See Johnboy told u :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Craig why would i want to sleep with a footballer just want to see them do what they are paid for!!!

Yes u are tactically inept!!! Alienated top players and fans!! Subs 5 mins from end when games are over long ball,u dont have a scooby mate your a bulb,learn to string two sentences together then learn hoe to mange