FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

youth today

bauhaus

For those who might be interested in watching the ICT youth teams, instead of watching one of the old firm on tv every sunday. Youth teams play at the Charleston pitches, beside the golf course, on a Sunday with 1 o clock kick offs usually.

13s and 14s play one week, away the next, with the 15s and 17s alternating.

Today the 15s beat Dundee Utd convincingly by 4-1, and the 17s feilding a mainly older 17s team absolutely trounced the Utd 17s by 10 - 0. Andrew Greig scored a double, and Adam MacLeod got a perfect hatrick ( right, left and bullet header ) before coming off after an hour. Mark Noble also scored his first for ICT, noted by his verbal celebration after scoring the 9th goal.

13s and 14s at home against Hearts next week

For those who might be interested in watching the ICT youth teams, instead of watching one of the old firm on tv every sunday. Youth teams play at the Charleston pitches, beside the golf course, on a Sunday with 1 o clock kick offs usually.

Today the 15s beat Dundee Utd convincingly by 4-1, and the 17s feilding a mainly older 17s team absolutely trounced the Utd 17s by 10 - 0. Andrew Greig scored a double, and Adam MacLeod got a perfect hatrick ( right, left and bullet header ) before coming off after an hour. Mark Noble also scored his first for ICT, noted by his verbal celebration after scoring the 9th goal.

Delighted to hear the success of the young squad. Hope to see some of these young boys breaking through into the first team before the end of the season

Delighted to hear the success of the young squad. Hope to see some of these young boys breaking through into the first team before the end of the season

17s breaking into the 1st team? I think that would be unlikely.

Do you no who scored in that match. ^^^^ Two of my mates play for them. One of them is the keeper so i doubt he scored :)

Dont know who scored for 15s, but 17s scorers were Liam Polworth, Sean Napier, Kelvin MacKenzie,Jack Sutherland, Mark Noble, Andrew Greig and Adam MacLeod.

Under 17s could break through into the first team - look at Aberdeen, Fraser Fyvie, and some others have foolowed suite. However, havent seen Tel or Mo watch any of the games, so only way they would be encouraged to come down is on the advice of Ronnie, Fiona, Charlie, Duncan etc

Dont know who scored for 15s, but 17s scorers were Liam Polworth, Sean Napier, Kelvin MacKenzie,Jack Sutherland, Mark Noble, Andrew Greig and Adam MacLeod.

Its clear that this boy has talent.Within a few years he should be in the first team

Under 17s could break through into the first team - look at Aberdeen, Fraser Fyvie, and some others have foolowed suite. However, havent seen Tel or Mo watch any of the games, so only way they would be encouraged to come down is on the advice of Ronnie, Fiona, Charlie, Duncan etc

Im not saying it's not possible for guys that age to break through now. But it's generally the exceptions who break through at 16/17 with the majority being about 19/20 if they're gonna cut it.

Fyvie and Pawlett have been described as two of the best Aberdeen youngsters in years so are bucking the trend with their talent.

Most guys still need a couple more years to fill out, and stop growing. So that they can cope with the demands of 1st team footie.

Im not saying it's not possible for guys that age to break through now. But it's generally the exceptions who break through at 16/17 with the majority being about 19/20 if they're gonna cut it.

Fyvie and Pawlett have been described as two of the best Aberdeen youngsters in years so are bucking the trend with their talent.

Most guys still need a couple more years to fill out, and stop growing. So that they can cope with the demands of 1st team footie.

And add to that that very many of those youngsters who break through tend to break down mid way through their career's.

As I said elsewhere.....as our U19's have been all but scrapped, and with no apparent inclination to add too or change that then it's going to be very difficult for these younger lads to break through unless we have a Manager willing to take the plunge and introduce them to the first team squad as 16/17 year olds.

It's not ideal, but if we don't give them the chance to progress then you can be sure other teams out there will and we'll never know if they were good enough to make the transition to first team football with ICT.

Not saying these lads should be going straight into the starting line-up, but get them secured on first team contracts and allow them access to full time training, either with us or out on loan somewhere. By doing it that way then it will soon become apparent whether or not they have what it takes to make the step up and the club can decide whether they want to invest in them longer term or not.

It would probably be in the clubs interest to get an affiliate of some sort. One where we could farm out the more promising young guys if they're not ready for first team action at ICT for a year or 2. Get them game and 1st team experience whilst keeping them together albeit at another club.

Both teams would benefit.

We had a better youth structure the last time we were in the 1st division than we do now. Sorry but there is no path for those good enough to progress past U17's so just watch these boys move away (that is if they get the right advice). Unfortunate but until we get our U19 squad back there is no future.

I would have thought there should be scope for signing promising youngsters and getting them out on loan to Highland League clubs. This would suit both clubs and the lads themselves. Whilst being associated with the first team squad would be a great experience for them, what the lads will really want to be doing is playing regular competeive football. If we don't sign them up then they will get opportunities at some level or other and any who develop and show real promise are going to get snapped up by someone else. What a waste to nurture good players through the early teens only to hand them over to our opponents as soon as they mature. There seems to be no prospect that we will ever be a rich club that can buy success so we need to do all we can to develop and give opportunities to local lads who have ambition to play for their local team. Nurturing local talent should be a priority for the Board.

My wee cousin, hope he keeps banging in the goals.

As has been said on here, a Highland League affiliate sort of team would be beneficial to ICT in helping our youth prospects progress IMO.

Many on here have idea's for the development of our youths and we do have a youth policy up to 17's. If one or two who reach that age show the sort of promise required to push into a first team then I'm sure Charlie and co will be quick to highlight the fact. Our problem is that we haven't the money to give those lads a full time position, nor the money to have them compete in a U-19 or Highland league. Many dont realise the actual cost for teams of competing at that level.

Many on here have idea's for the development of our youths and we do have a youth policy up to 17's. If one or two who reach that age show the sort of promise required to push into a first team then I'm sure Charlie and co will be quick to highlight the fact. Our problem is that we haven't the money to give those lads a full time position, nor the money to have them compete in a U-19 or Highland league. Many dont realise the actual cost for teams of competing at that level.

Surely it would be more beneficial then to pay Clach (or someone else) an annual fee and then use them as a place to send our u19s for competitive action.

I am sure there are many that don't realise the cost of running that operation...myself included what are the costs Alex ?

Don't think you will get a reply stevico1 cause he doesn't have a clue!

First off I dont think there's any need for sarcasm. Second, If you don't know me then don't assume I dont have knowledge.

Lets look first at wages. Average U-19 wage ?150 a week (guess) = ?7800 a year x average squad of 18 = ?140k + costs of staging home games + costs of travel + insurance + kit + coaching staff. So we could be talking in excess of ?250k a year to run one team. Players could, of course, be part time in which case they'd need to be holding down other jobs so wouldn't be in a position to train alongside first team squads.

Lets look first at wages. Average U-19 wage ?150 a week (guess) = ?7800 a year x average squad of 18 = ?140k + costs of staging home games + costs of travel + insurance + kit + coaching staff. So we could be talking in excess of ?250k a year to run one team. Players could, of course, be part time in which case they'd need to be holding down other jobs so wouldn't be in a position to train alongside first team squads.

EXACTTLY,although not on the same scale iam invovled with strathspey youths(we have 3 teams at the moment,come summer will be 4,we have under 13,s 15,s+17,s and next season under 19,s)iam the treasurer so know costs invovled,and although if we have away games in fort william,wick or such like we tend to take all 3 teams as its ?300 for the bus.we have 100+ kids in our 1st season,we have just shelled out ?2500 for tracksuits for them all,?100+ for 1st aid kits,its ?40+ a time for a ref for home game(usually 3 refs at a time to pay)money for changing rooms,and we also payed out ?100+ to put 7 coaches thru there level 1 coaching badges,and although no wages to pay for kids,there still a large expense invovled in youth set ups,as you get closer to the quality mark you get grants but it takes a while

I am sure there are many that don't realise the cost of running that operation...myself included what are the costs Alex ?

First off I dont think there's any need for sarcasm. Second, If you don't know me then don't assume I dont have knowledge.

Thanks Alex

Have heard the figure of ?200,000 for a season of an u19s team. Its a how much do you want it boys, with wages around ? 100 per week.

It is a lot of money we dont have but what is the point of training youths for 8 years and then letting them go. Without a 19s team only 2 maybe 3 might get kept on, which would mean abandoning a good number of excellent players.

However, our esteemed Chairman is very very keen on developing the youth at the club, and I hope they will look at the bolls up that the 19s came this year ( One of them has quit completely recently), but I have a feeling they think it was a knee jerk over reaction to relegation, and understand they are strongly considering the 19s starting off again, in which case they have a better chance off achieving their dream of playing for ICT.

I CERTAINLY HOPE SO

:lol: Oh Alex - you always rise to the bait. I think you have been listening to the spin doctors at TCS - they always talk the costs up. When we were in the SPL we received massive financial support for the young pro squad from grants and sponsorship deals but most of the kids got ?90 per week. Danny Macdonald did bring in a lot of money on the youth side but he also spent a lot on salaries for himself and others. I'm sure that a great deal of this money is no longer available now that we are out of the top league. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise Alex - this club has NEVER spent a lot of money on its youth development - FACT. For all the cost, we could have a team in the SFL U19 league and the squad could easily be made up of full-time and part-time players. I think the truth of it all is that we just couldn't be bothered trying to get this together!

It costs around ?150,000 (clubs money) to run an SPL under 19's squad. Of course when we get promoted we will have to reinstate an U19 team as it is a requirement of the Pro - Youth set up.

Edited by Wilsononourwing

Its clear that this boy has talent.Within a few years he should be in the first team

i don't mean to sound rude here.... but aren't we forgetting someone?

does Kyle Whyte ring any bells?

the player is a phenonmenal striker with ounces of future potential. representing scotland and on his debut assisting and winning a penalty? and in only his second appearance scoring for himself

My wee cousin, hope he keeps banging in the goals.

As has been said on here, a Highland League affiliate sort of team would be beneficial to ICT in helping our youth prospects progress IMO.

Is that the same Kelvin mackenzie that lives(or did) out in Drum?