Our Strongest 11

Northern_jaggie

So players who haven't really featured this season or have just arrived at the club are given the nod above the two players who between them have garnered more accolades than all the rest put together.

Considering we haven't won a league game since the 20th of November totalling 10 league matches i think picking players like Doran, Hogg and a fully fit Gillet is understandable. i thought Gillet was our number 1 left back when he was playing and although Shinnie has done amazing since coming in i'd still expect Gillet to match those performances.

It really is tough now though, i'm a fan of Duff and Ross so for Hogg and Doran to come in means one of them probably losing their place. A Great dilema for Terry Butcher to have.

esson

Duff Rosco Munro Shinnie

Duncan

Hayes Ross Doran

Foran

Rooney

From what i've seen and heard Doran seems a damn sight more productive that odi, blumenstein and sutherland. needs proving though. leaving sanchez out just coz he isn't a winger and is too injury prone to really get a consistent opinion on him. Does change games when he comes on. gillet just hasn't played enough games to be assessed, but then i've put doran in? what do i know? shinnie has been good in his abscence.

A steady formation

Esson

Tokely, Munro, Hogg, Gillet

Hayes, Duff, Duncan, Doran

Foran, Rooney

Subs: Tuffey, Proctor, Shinnie, Cox, Ross, Sanchez, Sutherland

...And all out attack

Esson

Tokely, Hogg, Munro, Gillet

Duncan

Hayes, Doran

Sanchez

Foran, Rooney

Subs: Tuffey, Proctor, Shinnie, Cox, Sutherland, MacDonald, Ross

Paul Deery

Cee Jay Banks Greg Broadhurst Jamie McKinnon Mark MacRae

Chris Skelton Stephen.Riley Iain Lawson Ross Taylor

Roger Riach Johndo MacKenzie

Subs: Craig Findlay; John Kelly; Kevin Zuckert; Kyle Williamson ; Paul Blake; Simon McDonald; Struan Balfour.

- Esson -

- Tokely - Hogg - Munro - Shinnie -

- Cox - Duncan -

Hayes - Foran - Ross

- Rooney -

From what little I've seen of Doran I'd expect him to challenge for a place in the attacking midfield trio. He looks like he likes to run at players and has a dangerous cross on him.

The likes of Shinnie have done nothing wrong to deserve being dropped for Gillet who has barely kicked a ball for us. I've included Hogg alongside Munro as I believe with Tokely there also it would be a solid physical back line and I think Hogg is good enough to start.

Duncan adds more defensive balance to the middle of the park than Duff in my opinion but I wouldn't have any qualms about sticking Duff in there or at right back.

I/ve not seen anywhere near enough of Blumenshtein to tell off his ability. I dont really rate Odhiambo. He's a worker but he's got an elephants touch and headers it like it's coming of a fifty pence piece. Sanchez is a cultured option in the forward areas. Good to play just off Rooney perhaps. And Sutherland should be thrown in now and again to develop his game.

Paul Deery

Cee Jay Banks Greg Broadhurst Jamie McKinnon Mark MacRae

Chris Skelton Stephen.Riley Iain Lawson Ross Taylor

Roger Riach Johndo MacKenzie

Subs: Craig Findlay; John Kelly; Kevin Zuckert; Kyle Williamson ; Paul Blake; Simon McDonald; Struan Balfour.

sexist! :tongueincheek:

Guzz, LG and yerself can officiate :tongueincheek:

Who knows, is he still even alive? His "out-for-three-weeks" injury seems to have lasted months! As you can see I've even changed by avatar to photo of him in his honour.

Edited by Renegade