FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

WILSON MUST STAY!

CELTIC1CALEY3

Just a thought not on sympathy but based on the fact he has skill, is determined, is experienced and always plays better after Christmas.

In a young team I agree with Barry that experience is vital. The supporters still like him and who cares if he is used sparingly. A few months more from him is the least we can expect the club to provide for. Then next year he can go and manage Elgin.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought not on sympathy but based on the fact he has skill, is determined, is experienced and always plays better after Christmas.

In a young team I agree with Barry that experience is vital. The supporters still like him and who cares if he is used sparingly. A few months more from him is the least we can expect the club to provide for. Then next year he can go and manage Elgin Inverness.

Fixed it for ya! :rotflmao:

Guest bingobingo

Barry Wilson has to stay not on sympathy terms but for the following

1.he provides much needed experience(esp up front)

2.well respected BY ALL in the dressing room

3.is one of only two NATURAL wide men in the entire squad (zander)

4.is still HIGHLY MOTIVATED and wants to play

5.only has CLUBS best interest at heart

6.still has the ability and pace (60-65MIN) to get dangerous crosses into the box

Barry has been one of our consistet players form our promotion to our stability in the SPL i dont see how we could replace him with anyone in January who could provide ALL of the above and it would be a small price to extend his deal to the end of the season(5 months)

in a business that is cut throat what price loyalty and respect for 5 more months

I'm yet to hear someone say they don't want Barry to stay.

Even at 36 the man is an asset to the club. Dosen't play regularly but whenever he does you are garunteed to get something out of him. If i had my way he would still be playing in the starting 11.

He is almost as important to keep as Black and Cowie imo.

I'm yet to hear someone say they don't want Barry to stay.

Even at 36 the man is an asset to the club. Dosen't play regularly but whenever he does you are garunteed to get something out of him. If i had my way he would still be playing in the starting 11.

He is almost as important to keep as Black and Cowie imo.

Totally agree that most want to keep Barry and I hope the club do just that, however wouldnt say that it is almost as important as keeping Black and Cowie as those 2 are probably our biggest assests, losing one at Xmas would be bad, losing them both could be a disaster not only for this season but for the long term future of the club

Have to agree with BingoBingo on each and every point made.

In my opinion, we should extend Barry's deal to end of season and if at all possible, and if he actually wants it, find a place for him as a player/coach for next season. The season after that he might want to hang up his boots and concentrate solely on coaching (at ICT !!!).

I would hope the club dont make the same mistake they did when letting another club legend (Mike Teasdale) wander off into the sunset when he was deemed surplus to first team requirements. Mike would have been a natural in the PR department if given the opportunity. From knowing him and his personality, I would say he would have been good in a role where he was doing PR and a bit of the commercial side of things. The face of the club as it were ...

lets not make a similar mistake with Barry.

Have to agree with BingoBingo on each and every point made.

In my opinion, we should extend Barry's deal to end of season and if at all possible, and if he actually wants it, find a place for him as a player/coach for next season. The season after that he might want to hang up his boots and concentrate solely on coaching (at ICT !!!).

I would hope the club dont make the same mistake they did when letting another club legend (Mike Teasdale) wander off into the sunset when he was deemed surplus to first team requirements. Mike would have been a natural in the PR department if given the opportunity. From knowing him and his personality, I would say he would have been good in a role where he was doing PR and a bit of the commercial side of things. The face of the club as it were ...

lets not make a similar mistake with Barry.

:rotflmao: :thumb04: Legends dont come along every day lets hope we treat this one correctly

Barry's days as a player are done in the SPL IMO. But he must stay as a coach.

Don't you think if he MUST become a Coach he would have become one by now?

Ralph even if you are been primed by those at the top they should have told you he is only 36 years old

Whats his age got to do with it?

Ralph even if you are been primed by those at the top they should have told you he is only 36 years old

If you cant see what age has to do with been a coach enough said, maybe you havent been primed enough to understand that

If you cant see what age has to do with been a coach enough said, maybe you havent been primed enough to understand that

Don't make ridiculous assumptions on being primed you pap, you're way off the mark. If he was good enough or thought of as a future coach he might have been considered by now thats all I'm saying.

After all Alec Cleland is coaching the under 19's is he not !!