FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Steve Paterson's phone number?

collectiveaction

10CC was an absolutely hopeless and extremely low profile Manager.

He struggles to run the 500 Club.

Pele has well documented problems nd has been away from the game too long.

If we opened this up for applicants we would no doubt get people with the calibre of Butcher and Ardilles.

Come home Robbo, with Bazza as your Assistant - we may not get promoted this season but we could start to enjoy going to games again.

My arse :018:

Given the choice I would certainly plump for your arse ahead of Butcher.

He struggles to run the 500 Club.

Pele has well documented problems nd has been away from the game too long.

If we opened this up for applicants we would no doubt get people with the calibre of Butcher and Ardilles.

Come home Robbo, with Bazza as your Assistant - we may not get promoted this season but we could start to enjoy going to games again.

My arse :018:

Given the choice I would certainly plump for your arse ahead of Butcher.

Why?

Is Steve Paterson really the answer in a managerial role though ? I have said before that he should a place in the club in some role, i.e. scouting.

I saw ICT several times last season and I thought their technical ability at the basics like free kicks and corners was woeful and looked like they hardly practised these at all. We need someone at the club who is a first rate coach. Whether TB or MM fulfil this requirement is open to question.

very glad i dont spend my hard earned cash on watching that crap anymore,what a waste it would be,at least going watching strathspey thistle every week,they may get beaten the majority of the time,but at least they try there best,and none of them are on big bucks for doing next to nowt! and also i dont pay a penny to get in,so make it even sweeter giving them my support every week!

i wont be back at tulloch stadium this season,and more thna likely in the future also

Seriously, when the f*ck did this become the Strathpiss Thistle fans forum?!

Been wanting to say this for a while now, coz it's annoying as feck how all you ever do is come on here and go on about them, and how you get into their games for free and its all fine and dandy over there. Good. No one gives a f*ck though to be honest.

Back on topic.. Robbo as Manager with Bazza his Assistant, Pele as scout, Renegade as Head Coach and IHE Director of Fitba. Talk about a dream team.

I need a drink...

very glad i dont spend my hard earned cash on watching that crap anymore,what a waste it would be,at least going watching strathspey thistle every week,they may get beaten the majority of the time,but at least they try there best,and none of them are on big bucks for doing next to nowt! and also i dont pay a penny to get in,so make it even sweeter giving them my support every week!

i wont be back at tulloch stadium this season,and more thna likely in the future also

Been wanting to say this for a while now, coz it's annoying as feck how all you ever do is come on here and go on about them, and how you get into their games for free and its all fine and dandy over there. Good. No one gives a f*ck though to be honest.

Back on topic.. Robbo as Manager with Bazza his Assistant, Pele as scout, Renegade as Head Coach and IHE Director of Fitba. Talk about a dream team.

I need a drink...

little bit angry are we?? i wont be as abusive to you as you were to me,chill have a pint and mellow out,and maybe we,ll see you at seafield park one day!and you spelt it wrong its strathspey :006:

Edited by blackieforce

this is the same board that left it far far far too late to ditch the brewster clown so i wouldn't hold your breath for any quick decisions on the management front, anyway for me its the board and david sutherland that are to blame for our current position in the gutter

Yes but that will not change, they all got away with the Brewster/relegation fiasco and they will sit and watch as we sink lower and lower. The will not give up their positions as who would stoke their over inflated egos in the Heathmount then.

Saw Alan Savage in the Heathmount in grassa's company to-night, all seemed very close and chatty...

thought Grassa was DS's buddy?

Is there moves afoot?

Saw Alan Savage in the Heathmount in grassa's company to-night, all seemed very close and chatty...

thought Grassa was DS's buddy?

Is there moves afoot?

Short of someone winning the Euromillions, Savage is our only hope. He'd be a fool to keep Grassa as DoF though.

Guest Mahonio

I was going to start a thread last night about who fans wanted as our next manager but thought against it in case there were/are Butcher fans still around like me at the time but now i am losing faith in him slightly so i may as well ask it because after reading this thread there is a lot less Butcher supporters now than ever before, so, who do the anti-Butcher gang want as his replacement?

I say an experienced head like Craig Brown but i will go into that when i have totally lost faith in Butch which could be next week if we lose our next 2 games. I am against bringing back former managers to the club so thats why he isn't my choice.

No fantasy names like Sir Alex now :008: :33: :angry: :angry: .

Craig Brown or John Robertson.

Craig Brown has had no success at club level. John had success here but remember when he arrived the club were top of the league. Elsewhere he struggled. Between the two I would pick John Robertson but I would pick Pele above the both of them.

What absolute and unadulterated shyte.

Post split we had more points in seventh place than Hibs(?) above us.

We played good entertaining football.

In every interview I ever saw him give, he came across as one of the most intelligent of the SPL managers of the season.

CC was fantastic and I was gutted when he left.

Edited by alimci

i think we should wait and see till christmas. Dont forget Butcher had to bring in almost half a squad on peanuts. it will take time for the team to gel. If you look at the Line Up yesterday about half of them were new buys. Granted i will admit that the team is dire but it is a young, bassically inexpeireidnced sqaud in regards to the 1st division. Dont get me wrong ye have tokeley, munro, golly, procter mcbain and duncan who played a part of us going up in the frst place. The only 2 who look good buys are Hayes and Cox but apart from that is anyone else better than what he had already. the board have f**ked up in the past in regards to transfer fees with a few players by waiting till the summer for them to bugger off on a free transfer. Lets face it, he cant be that bad if he has got us to a cup final even if it is just the ALBA challenge cup. Sure he could have reacted a bit better on saturday to all the main stand getting on his back but then again, if a team is playing with such flatness and no desire then course the fans are going to get on their back. He has to accept that it is part and parcel of football.

What absolute and unadulterated shyte.

Post split we had more points in seventh place than Hibs(?) above us.

We played good entertaining football.

In every interview I ever saw him give, he came across as one of the most intelligent of the SPL managers of the season.

CC was fantastic and I was gutted when he left.

Have to agree with you. Christie was an excellent manager and a born winner. Anyone remember winning 2-1 at Ibrox?

I need a drink...

No!! you need a check up from the neck up!!!

What I find hilarious about this whole saga is this is the first time in the clubs history we have had a sustained period of poor results and a lot of the fans appear to be jumping ship already. We've spent ~ 1/3 of our existence in the SPL and the rest of the time we have been pushing at the top end of whatever league we have been in. We have never really been struggling like we are currently and as soon as we do supporters start bailing on the team.

Its all comes from the Brewster saga.. we waited and waited, started to bail and got nothing, so Im not wanting to wait untill the last 3 mths of the leauge to start bailing.....