FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

HEARTS 4 - 1 ICT (final score) (26/08/06)

CaleyD

LINE UPS

Hearts

Gordon, Costa, Pressley, Karipidis, Zaliukas, Wallace, Mikoliunas, Hartley, McCann, Pinilla, Mole

Subs: Makela, Driver, Beslija, Aguiar, Lithgow, Fyssas, Banks

ICT

Brown, Tokely, Dods, Munro, Hastings, Wilson, Black, Rankin, McBain, Wyness, Bayne

Subs: McAllister, Sutherland, Keogh, Duncan, Norgan, McCaffery, Fraser

Not a very good start to the season, Wyness out fer a while, Main defender does not want to be here, worst defeat so far in the SPL,  looking for positives.... oh aye, Spar have 4 tins of JohnSmiths for £2.99

Its going to be a long tough season, thank feck Pars are shyte... even Well got 3 points today :009:

On a positive note, we have had a pretty tough start to the season, apart from the St Mirren game, it has been hard going. A run of games against the lesser lights may see us win a few points, but if the heads go down, then they are all tough games.......****, they are all tough games anyway.

FULL TIME STATS

GOALS:  Hearts 4 ICT 1

SHOTS ON: Hearts  9 ICT 7

SHOTS OFF:  Hearts 5 ICT 8

FOULS:  Hearts 12 ICT 17

CORNERS: Hearts 3 ICT 11

YELLOWS: Hearts 0 ICT 0

REDS: Hearts 0 ICT 0

The stats make interesting reading - 15 shots on goal in an away game and 11 corners against a top 3 team.  I think we paid the penalty today not of an attacking policy that backfired but we just lacked that cutting edge upfront that is required at this level.  Dargo missisg and Wyness having to go off were definitely factors but the stats definitely are interesting.

Just back home and feckin starving so:

4-1 flatters the jambos. If we play like that every week no problem. The first goal was a good finish by the heidband after McCann's fine cross. The other 3 were sloppy defending. Should have gone in at 1-1 but somebody left the mole unmarked at the back post. Big Ross made a howler of a mistake for 3-1 and the 4th on 90 mins looked a blunder too. Great game actually but we have to get some points against the diddy teams, especially the Pars. St Mirren was a far worse result than this.

I echo the great Mantis. Very good game. Extremely proud of our lads. Passing and movement in first half was excellent. Denzil so unlucky with diving header (which caused his injury). CC left us with 10 men for 5 mins during which time Hearts scored their 2nd. Rory couldn't provide same ball-holding skills on his entry. Defensive blunders cost us 3 but how often can we say that. If I was to highlight any performances they  would be Black, McBain, Wilson.

We had a few set pieces in dangerous areas and wasted them all...................something to work on.

Overall..............definately £15 worth............please note other clubs.................£15 to get into the best arena in the division , to see the top team in the division AND with (mostly) friendly staff.

btw It would appear our new Chairman sorted out the ticket fiasco and I hope nobody got locked out

The final score is harsh, this was the best football we have played for a long time, we just didn't take our chances and they did. The midfield were EXCELLENT, with some superb spells of slick passing. It was the defence that let us down, and it's a long since you could say that. Hastings and Tokely had poor games (although putting Duncan on at right back just made things worse).

As usual Bayne gave 100%, and as usual McAllister was a headless chicken. Dargo and (for 50 minutes) Wyness were missed.

Very entertaining match, and a great performance from Black, closely followed by the other midfielders.

There is plenty to be optimistic about despite the result.

Cheers guys, pretty much what the radio was saying, think we missed a good chance from Bazza at 2-1 and then they scored, four one sounds like a thrashing but it's just how the game went :010:

Just back from what, for me, is probably one of the best performances I've seen from ICT in a long time. Nobody could  be faulted and we matched Hearts on the pitch. Unfortunately the luck aspect went more their way today. The scoreline totally flattered them. We can take a lot of positives from this game and if we keep up this type of performance we'll still make top six.

Guest Father Ted

To all the fans who thought we played well.

I can only assume you were all in the same car or bus and ended up somwhere else watching some other game.

This was the biggest load of cr*p we have ever played.

And why pick on Rory. He's young. What excuses can you think up for the crap the so called experienced players gave us.

Tokley was p*sh. By far the worst game he has ever played. He gave the ball away right left and centre, and he was to blame for three goals. He is unfit  and dead slow and stop. It's not enough to say he gives his all, they all do.but we need ability, and no one showed any today. I don't think this is Tokley's fault. He had no pre season due to injury, and as I said he's unfit. Who else gets to play week in week out under these circumstances. C.C. has got to address this. His tunnel vision towards Tokley & co. has got to change.  They all played cr*p so Charlie's answer is to take off a left side player and put on a right side player. Even if it was going to work it was too little too late. Get a grip.

And for once don't insult yourselves or football by making Tokley m.o.t.m.

Feck me, it's Father Jack. It doesn't take a genius to read the posts above and see the implication that the defence (including Rossco) was gash. If you think anybody's picking Ross as MOM a word of advice, don't take up mind reading as a career.  Hasteens gave it away a lot too. Can't complain too much about Granty and Dodsy. The defence had an off day, so what, normally we can rely on them. We were still in the game with 11 mins left.

Nobody goes to Tynecastle and wins 11 corners, against a team with their resources, without offering something. Compared to what I've seen this season (just St Mirren & Celtic games) that was a big improvement.

BTW Rory tries, but if you say it's ability you want, don't look there for it. And he let himself down by flashing the vickies at the Wheatfield Stand.

I wouldn't say it was the best, or worst, we've played this season...we were very good for long spells, but so were Hearts.

At 2-1 we were still very much equal to them, if Barry had put in that cross who knows how it'd ended(how the feck did he miss!! :009:)

I thought Hastings was ok as it goes, but Tokely was completely gash. They tore him a new arse down the right side time after time, and his mistake for their decisive third was awful.

What worries me is we look a lot less an effective team without Dargo in it. We need someone to play alongside him who can score as well!

Guest Father Ted

You don't have to be a mind reader.

Look back the postings, one in particular springs to mind. This player was good, that player was good but as usual my m.o.m. is Roscoe. Even if he didn't play, some would give him it.

Apart from Barry and Bayne, they were rubbish, Tokley being the worst.

I think it will take a bit more than drawing and losing matches for us to get in the top six.

When we play Hearts, Rangers or Celtic, I don't go thinking we'll get beat today, but that's okay. Neither do I think when we play the "diddy teams " we'll beat them. We've had enough proof in the past that speculation is a nonsense.

Does C.C. read these message boards I wonder. Maybe this is where he takes his team selection from.

Calm Calm -  only joking ( I hope )

Reading some of the posts from folk at the match I'm actually a bit more worried than I was before.

If you say we played well and still got gubbed 4-1 I'd hate to see us on an off day.

I only manged to hear the second half on the radio but it didn't sound like we played very well. Wilson missing that chance to make it 2-2 sounded like the turning point.

Winning all those corners didn't do us much good as it seemed like Gordon just grabbed every one of them.

I'm really begining to wonder if Rossco is still injured. There was talk of him having injections pre season to try and help the problem. Is he actually trying to play through the pain? Keogh had the same injury and was out for a year. The last few games he really hasn't looked himself and he is bigger than ever.

Ted, if this is the biggest load of cr*p we've ever played then how come the stats say different. We had as many chances as the opposition but they made theirs count. Our defence made errors, as they do in every game. Only this game the opposition capatilised on those errors. I dont think our players gave the ball away any more than the opposition did, nor did they make any more or less mistakes.

When looking at our performance against a team who qualified for european competition, and who fielded at least six international players I think we can hold our heads up today.