FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Police in North Stand

Bronson

Well the next game at home I'm putting a mouse trap in my pocket, first off the storm trooper told me I couldn't take my stick in, I told him to get """""", he then got a copper over who quickly told said trooper to pipe down, he then asked what was on my pockets I said nothing just my wallet and phone, I took them out to show him and he.put his hands in my jacket pockets........ I was mighty peeved...... If this happens again I will be going to the Elgin games for the rest of the season

I'm absolutely disgusted by this. I sincerely hope you've written to the club.

I know smoking is banned but way, way OTT by the beaks in their treatment of a regular fan, especially by comparison with the behaviour of the away support. The same two stewards asked me if I was carrying any liquids in bottles into the ground on the way in. When I said no and I had no concealed weapons either, unlike the Septic fan who stabbed the other one the last time they were in town, they didn't like it.

Georgeios, if you feel you have a genuine grievance then you should take it up with the club. By doing nothing then all that's achieved is that wrong behaviours go unchecked and you risk it happening to someone else.

There's absolutely nothing to be gained, from the clubs point of view, by not taking it on board. They hire a stewarding company to provide a professional service, if they are not getting that and the actions of said company are having a negative impact on the clubs relationship with the fans then it needs to be sorted.

Also a little ironic that you criticise the club because you think they will do nothing when you have quite clearly decide not to do anything yourself.

If it happens again (to you or anyone else), then who is to blame? The club for not fixing something nobody told them needed fixed, or you for not telling them and giving them the chance to put it right?

• Agree 1

Oh they know, I have had a chat with someone today who informed me of an issue with a 20 year old with issues being refused in because he wasn't accompanied in his chair, then to be warned because his chair blocked advertising this was looked at by our leaders and he was then allowed to but the old health and safety card was pulled and excuses were made to justify the actions of the security.. CD as you are more than aware I an no use at writing this sort of stuff and as with most thing it'll just crop up again next year regardless of ant actions taken..

ps blocked advertising only ever seem to be used in the home stands and the board in the boxes must see that from up there and our sponsors must see the Tri Colours, Green satire and club banners covering their advertising boards on the TV that they'v paid for

You can't write a letter/email to the club, but you have no issue posting it on the forums....how does that stack up?

There's some things that can be raised by the club on behalf of others, but when it's a personal complaint about individual treatment (especially involving a third party contractor) then there's very little that can be done without a direct communication from the person involved.

Whine about it on here all you like, but it is achieving nothing.

ps blocked advertising only ever seem to be used in the home stands and the board in the boxes must see that from up there and our sponsors must see the Tri Colours, Green satire and club banners covering their advertising boards on the TV that they'v paid for

I remember having a run in with an over officious steward about my son's ICT flag blocking a hoarding in the family enclosure of the North Stand on the last day of the season just over 7 years ago. He said that the club had complained about it because it was over an advert but in actual fact it was only blocking the last three letters "URE" of the "KEVIN BISSETT FAMILY ENCLOSURE". The flag had been up there the whole season and someone chose the last day to have it removed. When I challenged the steward he then told me I was being disrespectful to Kevin Bissett. When I raised my complaint with the club they said that they had not complained. All this was going on while the stewards did next to nothing when Dundee United fans invaded the pitch for surviving relegation. Incredible!!!

At least with the Polis (who were involved with the OP) you get a bit of consistency, in that the Law is an equal ass to everyone. Stewards are much less predictable and amenable to reason, but they probably will listen to said Polis when they are told to pipe down. The thing here is, though, that smoking in public places has been banned for yonks (and not just in football grounds - would you light up in a pub and expect to be allowed to smoke away 'cause it's your local?) It's the law, and makes no allowance for the fact that you are a ST holder or an away neanderthal on day release from darkest Govan. The club can do nothing about this either, because if they make provisions for permitting smoking they get fined. I sympathise, but you're on a shoogly peg here.

Georgios -

At least with the Polis (who were involved with the OP) you get a bit of consistency, in that the Law is an equal ass to everyone. Stewards are much less predictable and amenable to reason, but they probably will listen to said Polis when they are told to pipe down. The thing here is, though, that smoking in public places has been banned for yonks (and not just in football grounds - would you light up in a pub and expect to be allowed to smoke away 'cause it's your local?) It's the law, and makes no allowance for the fact that you are a ST holder or an away neanderthal on day release from darkest Govan. The club can do nothing about this either, because if they make provisions for permitting smoking they get fined. I sympathise, but you're on a shoogly peg here.

Are you referring to Roger Riach ?

Whine about it on here all you like, but it is achieving nothing.

Jeez Don! You've contracted a REALLY serious case of poacher turned gamekeeper there!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not at all Charles...one thing I could never be accused of was not voicing my opinions and raising my concerns (or at least attempting to) directly with the club. I still do that, but the difference these days is that they are listening and they are allowing myself (and others) the opportunity to be a part of changing things. That means that instead of having to spend hours/days/weeks/months/years trying to make myself heard, I can now dedicate that time to more constructive pursuits and everyone's a winner.

Georgios -

Are you referring to Roger Riach ?

Davie say mibees aye, mibees naw....

Is there not a smoking area? Don't see how it would be difficult to implement.

No, and the stadiums safety certificate is issued on the basis of it being entirely non-smoking (probably insurance also). How easy/expensive that would be to change I have no idea.

Just do what I did about 6 months ago....ditch the real cigarettes and take up electric cigarettes, massively cheaper and you can use them wherever you like.