FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT's Forgotten Heroes

Renegade

I suppose Richie Byrne can be added to this list. Made the bench a couple times, went to St J and is now away. Gathuessi is another one, played twice but only for about ten minutes each time, recently signed for some wee French team. McNulty, Never played, supposedly extremely dodgy. And I was having a look through the ICT v St J last 1st division game the other day and I see that the Supporters Club had sponsored someone called Lewis MacKinnon, Never heard of him and seems to have disappeared into the mists of time.

Lewis Mackinnon came on as a sub for last 4 minutes for Bingham v Raith in a 3-0 victory on 14/02/04 Never to be seen again!

Craig McMillan and Paul McMullan as well. McMullan was signed from Hearts, never played and then left in less than 6 months.

Both Craig McMillan and Lewis MacKinnon were signed for Forres (when Pele was manager) following their relase from Caley. They ripped up the Highland League and both went to Buckie, where Craig remains. Lewis went to Austrailia and played for a season out there before returning midway through this Highland League season and he signed for Nairn. He has now just signed a 2 year contract to go back to Buckie...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to know what happened to the Monster mascot , havent seen him at last couple of games ?

& Where's I CAT ?

ICAT is on bail, he might be back next season depending on how good he is :D

I suppose Richie Byrne can be added to this list. Made the bench a couple times, went to St J and is now away. Gathuessi is another one, played twice but only for about ten minutes each time, recently signed for some wee French team. McNulty, Never played, supposedly extremely dodgy. And I was having a look through the ICT v St J last 1st division game the other day and I see that the Supporters Club had sponsored someone called Lewis MacKinnon, Never heard of him and seems to have disappeared into the mists of time.

he is!

Elgin Academy 6th Year v Elgin Academy Teachers.

McNulty in Teachers goals. I could do much better and im not even good at keeping. At least when i go to pick up the ball, i dont miss it and goes straight through my legs and into the goal :)

Ha! I never realised that McNulty played in a game for the teachers. Must remember to ask my dad (Mr Paterson) about that one :D

I'm sure I saw Ally McDonald playing for Elgin City earlier this season as a left midfielder. Guy Kerr and Andy McNulty were also playing in that match.

I'd like to know what happened to the Monster mascot , havent seen him at last couple of games ?

& Where's I CAT ?

ICAT is on bail, he might be back next season depending on how good he is :D

he is!

Elgin Academy 6th Year v Elgin Academy Teachers.

McNulty in Teachers goals. I could do much better and im not even good at keeping. At least when i go to pick up the ball, i dont miss it and goes straight through my legs and into the goal :)

Ha! I never realised that McNulty played in a game for the teachers. Must remember to ask my dad (Mr Paterson) about that one :D

The History Teacher :D :D

Lewis Mackinnon came on as a sub for last 4 minutes for Bingham v Raith in a 3-0 victory on 14/02/04 Never to be seen again!

Lewis Mackinnon was a very talented young man. whether or not he would have made it in the SPL is another thing. if i remember he went to nairn or somewhere further out that way when he left us. tried for clyde when bomber was there at the start but they felt he was too young.

he's now playing in australia and having a ball! can't remember the name of the team but something with sunshine coast in it rings a bell...

This is what I found on a Nairn County site -

Position: Defender/striker

Squad number: 8

Signed from: Sunshine Coast Fire

Nationality: Scottish

Lewis MacKinnon joined the club in November 2008 on a short-term deal after returning from Australia.The former Inverness CT youth is currently back in his homeland after the season with his previous club - Sunshine Coast Fire - finished down under. He is expected to stay at Station Park until at least March.

MacKinnon can play either as a centre half or up front and his height and power can toughen up Les Fridge's defence or add a new dimension to the team's attack.

It is the 23-year-old's second spell at Nairn having spent the 2004-05 season on loan from Inverness CT. Following that, he spent 12 months at Forres Mechanics before moving to Buckie Thistle for two season before his stint down under.

Richie Byrne

Thierry Gathuessi

Yeah, mentioned those already.

Edited by Renegade

Paul Bradshaw was mentioned - and from what i remember he was a cracking player had the potential to be very very good but didint have the attitude off the park to become a great player. And for whatever reason he didnt want to be full time.

A shame cos i think he would have been an integral part of our team!

Any thoughts??

Paul Bradshaw was mentioned - and from what i remember he was a cracking player had the potential to be very very good but didint have the attitude off the park to become a great player. And for whatever reason he didnt want to be full time.

A shame cos i think he would have been an integral part of our team!

Any thoughts??

I remember him playing for Forres at some point in his career and he was a great player. But yeah as you say he unfortunatley didn't have his head screwed on the right way to make the most of his potential.

Having a look through the aforementioned programme agin, and someone else who's name I don't really know is David MacRae. Don't remember much about him. I seem to recollect an English striker name something Jackson (Ben perhaps?) being on the bench around 2005 ish. Don't think he ever turned for ICT.

You could also argue that Dean McDonald is another one, though probably made more appearances than he deserved. I remember when he signed, everyone thought he was the best thing since sliced bread, and going by some apparent friendly's was gonna be the next big thing. Made the bench quite a few times but I remember when I came on it was like going down to ten men. He couldn't run, he couldn't jump, he couldn't do anything really, and he was only 5"4. I see he went to Rushden and Diamonds after ICT and failed there as well (surprise, surprise) and then went Gray's Athletic or somewhere on loan before moving to Northwich Victoria who also punted him. According to Wikipedia he then went to "Tooting & Mitcham United" and he's now with Farnborough.

Edited by Renegade

Wayne Addicote anyone? first game i seen him against c*unty he looked dynamite, where did he end up ?

I always thought he was a bit of a player but always seemed to be in the stands rather than in the squad.

Tony Low is another.

Guy Kerr is another one. Quite a lot of times on the bench but only got on once IIRC. Last 10 minutes or so against Gretna.

Edited by Renegade

If we're talking about Lewis Mckinnon and Craig MacMillan (Buckie) etc. I'll add some of the others I played with. David MacRae(Buckie), Bryan Gilfillan (N.I. B and under21 international), Neil MacDonald (youngest ever scorer), Tony Low, there was also a goalie called Ike in the same team- wonder what happended to him.

Will need to look out the team photos for some of the rest....

Forgotten hero - Darran Thomson for that goal at love street. Worst player ever in an ICT shirt otherwise.

Scott Maclean - for his 2nd and 3rd division goals. Everyone only seems to remember Stewarty.

Forgotten hero - Darran Thomson for that goal at love street. Worst player ever in an ICT shirt otherwise.

Scott Maclean - for his 2nd and 3rd division goals. Everyone only seems to remember Stewarty.

Did Scott Mclean go to Partick? Also, you must have played at the same time as me. :)

Were is Scott McLean now?? He was at Stranraer 3 seasons ago the last i saw.

Does anyone remember David Graham? We took him on loan a few years ago from one of the lower english teams and i think he only played twice.

I know I've mentioned this in the first post and a couple of other times, and it's never really been answer. In the team photo for season 2006/2007, there are 4 goalies. One is Mark Brown, Michael Fraser is there as well, as well as the third choice keeper at the time Johnathon Smith. But there's another up there who seems to be unknown. He obviously never turned out for ICT, and seems to have disappeared into the mists of time. Does anyone know who he is? I have the name John Calder at the back of my head, but I don't know it's him for sure. Anyone know who he is?

It definately aint him. Ally Ridgers only came-back from Clach after Brown left (you may remember ICT was trying to make move for some Arsenal keeper but went for him instead). Another thing is that the unknown goalie has black hair, compared to the blond Ridgers and they don't look anything like each other. A wee search earlier brought up a friendly between Wick and ICT, which had this John Calder on the bench. That's who it could well be.

It definately aint him. Ally Ridgers only came-back from Clach after Brown left (you may remember ICT was trying to make move for some Arsenal keeper but went for him instead). Another thing is that the unknown goalie has black hair, compared to the blond Ridgers and they don't look anything like each other. A wee search earlier brought up a friendly between Wick and ICT, which had this John Calder on the bench. That's who it could well be.

Andy McNulty?