WALKING to Dungwall

Joonya

It was mentioned at the start of the season that people may be up for a mini 'highland march' style walk to Dingwall for our first away fixture there next weekend...

Although there are so many legalities etc that stopped this being an 'en mass' organised walk, it hasn't detered me from planning to walk to the game myself anyway. I love walking and I aim to use this to kick-start my Highland March 8 training ready for April. I have therefore just been out and checked over the route I intend to take...

Starting from TCS, I'll walk over the bridge to North Kessock and follow the sea-front road through Charlestown. Onward past the camp site to Milton where I head north for half a mile to Blairdhu Farm/Cottage at the A832. there is then an off-road section over a few fields that takes me to Drynie Park. My main route then will be to walk through Newmore and Bishop Kinkell and hence on to Conon Bridge. Here there is a chance for a beverage and lunch stop/chipper. It'll then be pathed all the way into dingwall where i intend to meet up with everyone else who travelled by train/bus to the Mallard.

I'll expect to leave TCS between 9 / 9:30am for an eta at the Mallard of approx 1:30 / 2pm. It's just over 15 miles.

If anyone else is up for it then cool - meet me outside TSC main entrence no later than 9am saturday. Just make sure you have enough water, sandwiches/snacks and essential equipment such as water proof clothes (possibly even a hi-viz jacket). You'll be responsible for your own match ticket arrangements, travel back to Inverness and most importantly your own safety. Like I said at the start, I'm doing this purely because I like walking and want to get into Highland March training mode - it'd just be nice to have a bit of company really. :D

Not many takers for this hey? I bet the weather is keeping people away :025: :025: WIMPS!!!

At least I'll be safe knowing so many people will have a pint waiting for me on arrival to the Mallard :004:

Good luck with it Rob, but the only walking I plan to do is from Dingwall train station to the Mallard

Fitness freak eh.. :D

Good luck to ya Rob... if ya change yer mind the Innes bus might be an option!

I quite fancy walking to Dungwall - where/when shall me meet Gringo ?

I'll expect to leave TCS between 9 / 9:30am for an eta at the Mallard of approx 1:30 / 2pm. It's just over 15 miles.

If anyone else is up for it then cool - meet me outside TSC main entrence no later than 9am saturday.

If anyone else is up for it then cool - meet me outside TSC main entrence no later than 9am saturday.

Tatw - I was ignoring that. :lol::lol::lol: plus I have to be at the Innes for 10. :lol: :) :lol:

Tatw - I was ignoring that. :lol::lol::lol: plus I have to be at the Innes for 10. :lol: :) :lol:

Meet him at the Drouthy duck then.

I think IHE is just scared I'm going to get him lost :( :(

GOOD NEWS - I may have some company

BAD NEWS - 'I MAY have some company'

Did you know Millets still have their closing down sale on unil tomorrow?

I HAVE COMPANY PEOPLE :022:

Dunco - a fellow Highland Marcher - is donning his boots for the short 15 mile walk.

People are still welcome to join us for the walk from Stadium to Stadium. Leaving TCS main entrence at 9am.

Should we get a decent pace, we could well be at the Mallard just as the train pulls in!!! lol