County game

PaderbornCaley

It will be interesting to see what impact this has on the attendance as this will affect County supports to who travel from all over Ross-shire. I don't think this game will sell out now but hopefully will be proved wrong.

at Uni in Edinburgh and was excited about making that game, but doubt i'll be able to make it up the road now after lectures in time...

Got to be a first year. I've never met anyone who's been in uni more than a week worry about missing a lecture. You'll be there.

Bloody ESPN. This will disrupt my normal friday night routine of meeting grumpy old men in No.27 for a few pints and retiring at a reasonable time with an ovaltine. Suppose I'll just have to have a couple after the game. Now, where's that Miami place the boy's always on about?

• Agree 2

Charles..behave yourself and be nice now.

It's surely obvious that what I meant was that CaleyThistle will roast County.

But thank you for making it clear that my grammar is slipping along with my eyesight, being virtually blind now in the right eye--hence the awful spelling which accompanies the suspect choice of words. I'm gonna try harder, m' lud.If my Nortn American slang is O.K. with you, Teach.? :crazy:

Finally managed to order a keyboard with one inch keys from a company called Chester Creek in the U.S. Wamart does them in the U S but will not ship across the border to Canada and the Canadian Walmart, having a separate buyer, has chosen not to do them. As the world turns. A least I might now be able to avoid hitting two keys at once. Wheeee! :clapoverhead:

But thank you for making it clear that my grammar is slipping

Scarlet, I'm afraid it's not really obvious at all. You said -

Judging by the way ICT are playing compared to County I think they are going to roast them

which actually contains a double ambiguity.

Firstly you haven't said in which direction you are making the comparison with between ICT (who have made a better start than last season) and County (who have made a very good start in the SPL,)

Secondly you haven't defined which of ICT and County are referred to by "they" and "them".

There's nothing really wrong with your grammar on the other hand - except maybe that since you clearly aim to make a contrast between the two sides, then you might have been better to have said "compared WITH County". :ohmy:

Judging by the way ICT are playing compared to County I think they are going to roast them

Firstly you haven't said in which direction you are making the comparison with between ICT (who have made a better start than last season) and County (who have made a very good start in the SPL,)

Secondly you haven't defined which of ICT and County are referred to by "they" and "them".

There's nothing really wrong with your grammar on the other hand - except maybe that since you clearly aim to make a contrast between the two sides, then you might have been better to have said "compared WITH County". :ohmy:

Hmm, 'I usually find it hard to lecture people older than myself', I used the word 'hard' and just for a bit of clarity, I meant difficult, as opposed to, I get aroused lecturing an older generation. :wink:

Only kidding Charles as I know you would have typed that in jest.

I get aroused lecturing an older generation. :wink:

Only kidding Charles as I know you would have typed that in jest.

12th man.... what arouses you is probably best left private. Whatever turns you on my friend! :lol:

And yes, despite genuine initial uncertainty as to what Scarlet meant.... yes, jest did take over thereafter!

Shut up.

• Agree 1

O my! What a tangled web we weave others to deceive. My Esperanto loving friend.

In your case it is the words you use that are so unusual and high falooting that no one can understand them. I looked in the Oxford Angleterrre dictionary once to figure out one of them , and of course to eddicate masel egad and forsooth, and the computer voice attached to my edition said ..."er..go back to bed Scar-baby, there is no such word known to man in our archives". Talk aboot a put-down for an aspiring scribe. :blush:

If I thought for one second of my precious time that you were not jesting Charles, I think I would flagillate myself for treading on your gown and mortar board and maybe your Golden Gucci shoes. Or reflect and genuflect.

When I was at the Academy I used to hold the Rector, D J MacDonald, in some reverence and fear since he rarely appeared without either of the aforementioned appendages and his stern, masterly bearing was a warning to all malcontents and miscreants within the range of his vision that deviance from proppa conduct would not be tolerated.

Do you have a stern visage in your class as well 'cos I fink youse could be daunting too.

Me? Right now I am in sandles and sackcloth , oh Teach, and I hope you get a life in the VERY near future.

P.S. And to that nice man who telt yese that she should not cheek yer Elders I can only add '' Imagine the cheek of it , right enuff , with me being 96 an' all and good on you son, you'll be a man before yer mither. Aye"

Jest justing of course. :lol: :lol: