FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

That tackle

tm4tj

:33: :33: :33: :33: :33: :33: :33: :33: :33: :33: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018:

Shocker of a tackle, career stopper, I saw it again just now and a cold shiver runs down my spine every time I see it  How he never went off on a stretcher I don't know, one of the most sickening tackles I have seen for a long time.  The assailant should be dealt with by a court.

:33: :33: :33: :33 :33: :33: :33: :33: :33: :33: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :018:

tackle

My view at the time was that the Scottish tabloids hyped it up so much, with "savage animal ruins life of promising Scottish youngster" kind of thing. Shades of St Mirren/Kerr/Tokely.

The severity of a bad tackle tends to be determined by whether your team's player is the victim or the perpetrator.

Ganea? IIRC that one wasn't remotely in the same league as some other horror tackles, such as last nights.

:017: dont think kennedy would agree with you there after years in treatment. it was an absolute shocker as well, the only difference being brown was somehow unhurt

couldnt look at that earlier today as youtube is blocked at work but have seen it now ... that is horrendous, pre-meditated and the player deserves a lengthy ban. How Brown didnt get hurt is beyond me.

Witnessed some nasty tackles over the years, some of which had far more serious outcomes than the one on Brown.  Any tackle has the potential to do injury, but most of the worst tackles I have seen have been the result of clumsy/hard tackling where people have been unfortunate to come off badly, the difference with this one however is that it is obviously performed with the intention of doing serious injury.

Had one fan done that to another then they would have been facing the courts and most likely a lifetime ban from attending football matches.  Players are not above the law, even when they are on the pitch and that tackle was nothing short of pre-mediated assault with the intention of doing actual bodily harm...a charge that would run serious risk of a custodial sentence.

Brown was very lucky to come out of that without a snapped legged.  Even though his foot was off the ground at the time of the "tackle" he was coming forward over the top of his leg and it's a miracle that he was ok.

Brown was ever so lucky that his foot glided on the turf as he was assaulted.

That twist of fate may make a huge difference to us as a nation tomorrow.

The Benfica player got off with a 6 match suspension.

I trust that they will not appeal.

Kind of puts The Emperor?s ?reminder? into perspective. His misdemeanour wasn?t half as bad as that of a prospective career finisher.

Agreed--should be dealt with harshly

That link leads you to UTube where you will see adjacent to it another (or 7) about the Polish man who was Tasered to death at Vancouver Airport a couple of days ago. He had come to Vancouver to live with his mother, did not speak English, was put in a security area alone as far as we can see for 8-10 hours, became disturbed, excited, fearful, angry,lost it ,threw chairs and the cops came in to get him with a plan already agreed to taser him. They hit him once with 50,000 volts , he writhed screamed and started to fall, hit him again with another 50,000 volts,  he fell to the ground as they hit him again and he again writhed on the floor until some nutter cop knelt on his neck. The news today is that maybe that was what killed him.

One of the most disgusting  police  situations I have ever seen. It's the talk of the town, none of it in favour of the police. The furore is all over the Canadian Media, heads will roll and we are all lucky that Mr Pritchard had taken a video which he managed to get back from the police who tried to refuse to return it etec.

Sorry ,Scotty, off topic but the link was there and this has to be seen to be believed. Personally speaking my wife and I think it was premeditated manslaughter  and no one can believe tyhat Vancouver RCMP could be so utterly inept and stupid.  :008:

Yup SP - like the tackle described in this thread, the Vancouver incident was also indefensible and what made it worse was to hear the comments of the RCMP who seemed to metaphorically shrug their collective shoulders.