FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rooney

chris123

Made a real difference when he came on today. His quality is undoubted & clearly exposed Barrowman for the lower league player he really is.

Now needs a consistent run in the team & if Brew can find an experienced forward (Denzil spings to mind) to feed of him in January then what a star he could be for us.

He did more in 27 mins than Barrowload did in 84. I just hope Brew takes note.

:rotflmao:

Made a real difference when he came on today. His quality is undoubted & clearly exposed Barrowman for the lower league player he really is.

Now needs a consistent run in the team & if Brew can find an experienced forward (Denzil spings to mind) to feed of him in January then what a star he could be for us.

He did more in 27 mins than Barrowload did in 84. I just hope Brew takes note.

:rotflmao:

What I have seen of Rooney I like, but he needs a run in the team, not this constant choping and changing up front. And most importantly he needs service.

Rooney is the only striker we have of any pedigree at the club just now - i too was p***ed off he didnt make the starting line up today.

Im baffled really as Brewster was a fantastic striker in his day and id of thought he'd of seen a real talent in Rooney and start him more regularly. Hes got a clinical finish and can do it under pressure - he should be 1st choice.

And i agree with previous post that suggested he'd be good along side Wyness. That would be a great partnership............... If only Brewster had managed Dennis' situation differently we coulda been on to a real winner there! However he went for Barrowman instead........ :rotflmao:

Most the threads i am reading tonight are slating brewster at some point...

can the board not see that the fans are right for a change and get rid of this muppet.

rooney was excellent when he came on, and i dont think he had help from barrowman at any stage - in fact, i think AB was ABsolute pish and was only there to make up the numbers,

can the board not see that the fans are right for a change and get rid of this muppet.

rooney was excellent when he came on, and i dont think he had help from barrowman at any stage - in fact, i think AB was ABsolute pish and was only there to make up the numbers,

While you are all right of course. Think outside the box, why would we not give him a start? Is there a clause in his transfer whereby if he starts so many games in the season he costs us more money? If so Brewster may be saving him for later, goals in the bank so to speak. Or I'm talking absolute 5H1TE. I know which I believe.

What i saw today was a player ( Barrowman ) given the role of trying to win high/pumped balls adainst 2 6'4" defenders... they feckin lapped it up by the way...

Barrowman did as well as he could have with Zero support from midfield, Imrie was useless as was Vigurs, so when the chips are down the young ones disappear... and we blame Barro.

What i saw today was a player ( Barrowman ) given the role of trying to win high/pumped balls adainst 2 6'4" defenders... they feckin lapped it up by the way...

Barrowman did as well as he could have with Zero support from midfield, Imrie was useless as was Vigurs, so when the chips are down the young ones disappear... and we blame Barro.

i played against players that were a good five inches taller than me(derek townsley) at times and it didnt stop me from winning the ball in the air, bringing it down out of the air...im sorry barrowman is a poor excuse of a striker...you back with all your might and stick your fecking arse into the defender and bring the ball down, not easy but any pro should be able to do it....barrowman is useless mate, playing against 6'4" defenders shouldn't make a difference...he is light weight. im fed up of people defending this guy, there's always an excuse for his lack of talent. barrowman doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentnce as vigurs and imrie who are quality players.

rooney number one choice followed by wood then rory.

Edited by CaleyP

Will probaly be 4-5-1 against St Mirren, so won't be suprised if it was Wood on his own up front, with Rooney getting 20 min hopefully trying to preserve our lead not having to save the game. But come the Aberdeen game at home we have to go 4-4-2, so Rooney and Wood have to start.

Rooney is the only striker we have of any pedigree at the club just now - i too was p***ed off he didnt make the starting line up today.

Im baffled really as Brewster was a fantastic striker in his day and id of thought he'd of seen a real talent in Rooney and start him more regularly. Hes got a clinical finish and can do it under pressure - he should be 1st choice.

And i agree with previous post that suggested he'd be good along side Wyness. That would be a great partnership............... If only Brewster had managed Dennis' situation differently we coulda been on to a real winner there! However he went for Barrowman instead........ :rotflmao:

Wyness is no longer good enough for the SPL, as he is currently proving at St Mirren.

to be fair on wyness, he and the other strikers at love street are not in a consistant line up - Gus Mac is forever chopping and changing who he starts up front and who he subs on and off.

it's the same with what brew is doing here. Our strikers have no idea if they are getting a game week in week out, and it's no good for their moral, and affects how the rest of the team plays.

look back to the strike parings we've had in the past....

wyness/dargo

wyness/richie

bingham/hislop

stewart/mclean

hercher/christie

they scored loads of goals because hey were regluar starters, knew what their strike partner was capable of and were on the same wavelength. The midfield also knew where to put the ball, when to play the right tactics and how best to create.

what we have now is a midfield who don't know who to supply the ball to, when to supply it or where (head/feet), and when they require back-up for any lay-off, one two or rebound. they dont even know if they'll play in their own prefered role or on the opposite flanks.

If wood is best up front alone, then he should be on his own regular enough for the players around him to know his game and supply the proper ball. If rooney and wood/barrowman are better as a pairing, then they should have a regular run for the same reasons.

We have 3 strikers who can't gel because the manager doesn't allow them to have a decent run in the side.

Rooney was excellent when he came on, and didnt need barrowman for support, but he seemed to gel with wood all be it for a brief 5 minutes. they talked to eachother, where as barrowman remained quiet.

With any luck the lesson has been learned regarding Rooney and he's here to stay, or start, from now on.

Very puzzling up until now why this has never happened.

I would play Rooney and Barrowman up front at home for the rest of the season, give them a chance to gel. In spite of what some others think, the latter will score you goals if he gets decent service and Rooney can take care of himself, which is clear to see.

Isn't it brilliant that my Grateful Dead skull just happens to be in ICT colours?

I said a couple of months ago that I felt Rooney would be puzzled as to why he wasn't starting more regularly.

If he doesn't get a sustained run now, then it truly is astonishing.

Rooney is unquestionably the best striker at the club.

Guest ict1994

Rooney has to start and between now and January he and Wood should start together see how they do and if need be then get a striker in the transfer window

But i just can't understand why Brewster insists on nt playing him when he paid 50k or sumin for him its a joke.

Barrowman must go!

Guest Muir-Jaggie

what do you think would work better rooney up on his own?? or with wood??

i think with wood, woods got the height and he always runs into spaces and rooney has the skill to cause defenders problems

While you are all right of course. Think outside the box, why would we not give him a start? Is there a clause in his transfer whereby if he starts so many games in the season he costs us more money? If so Brewster may be saving him for later, goals in the bank so to speak. Or I'm talking absolute 5H1TE. I know which I believe.

was speaking to someone who knows - and Rooney is not on any goal bonus etc - if fact he came to I.C.T for less wages then he was on at stoke - just wanted a chance to play and prove he was a goal score r