The Best Spl Relegation Battle Ever?

CELTIC1CALEY3

I think we have to realise that Aberdeen are pushing for a third place finish so for us to win by less than three clear goals must not be seen by our fans as a bad performance!

I know 6-0 for us is on the cards but be grateful!

Rossco gets two, Grantie gets one and, guess what, Barrowload gets a hattrick!

Now I am dreaming.

Have I missed something Alex, theres 15 points after the split.

Six teams, five games.

Yep! Lets say Hibs are there and they win all their games. That leaves only twelve points possible for each of the rest. If one team gets those twelve then the other four will only have a possible nine. So if we can be ten clear at the split we cant be caught.

I'm hoping Hibs finish in the bottom six as we will have more chance of beating them than we would Motherwell. Season statistics speak for themselves there.

Really should be more than 1 up 1 down anyway. Makes it boring to often if a team is stranded at the bottom or runs away with the first division. There should at least be a playoff between second bottom and second top. I know it would be bad for us but if we finish 2nd bottom then a playoff is the least we should deserve

Really should be more than 1 up 1 down anyway. Makes it boring to often if a team is stranded at the bottom or runs away with the first division. There should at least be a playoff between second bottom and second top. I know it would be bad for us but if we finish 2nd bottom then a playoff is the least we should deserve

That would definately be better for Scottish football, although I can't see any club voting for the change.

• 4 weeks later...

After an amazing win against the Pandas it does feel like the best SPL relegation battle ever. However, we remain in deep trouble and I expect the team to train very hard this week because we cannot afford to lose against Hamilton. Whilst everyone will want a win, I feel a draw could be a very good result. My prediction at the beginning of April was that Falkirk would survive but that it would be St Mirren who fell through the trap door.

Next week Arfes is out for Falkirk and Kyle comes back for Killie. Falkirk will not be so quick off the blocks and may lose this game. St Mirren entertain Motherwell who they recently hammered and who they beat in a boring Cup Quarter Final. Expect Motherwell to wake up and do the business. If St Mirren lose, and there is a sense of fear creeping into their play, they then play Killie away. That will not be easy. Luckily Falkirk go to Hamilton because we make the difficult journey to Motherwell. A draw would be the least Motherwell could offer their previous favourite sons.

Assuming St Mirren remain 3 points ahead of Falkirk, and I suspect they will at least pick up a point at Hamilton, the Pandas may become as nervous as pigs with fever symptoms.

They then travel to Falkirk and I see one winner. Yogi pummels the Panda.

So without getting cocky, I predict St Mirren will be bottom going into the last game.

They play Hamilton who should be safe. We play Falkirk and we may be 3 points ahead of St Mirren with probably a similar goal difference. I did not mention the Killie game because most of our supporters expect a win after 4 wins so far this season. Sadly we are unlikely to win again. Hopefully Falkirk will in fact be equal on points with us but ahead on goal difference. A nervy draw on the last day might be enough.

St Mirren must surely feel slightly nervous tonight but we must not get cocky.

With both Falkirk and Hamilton reviving after weeks of apparently terminal decline it's certainly " interesting" at the foot of the table. None of the feeble five are safe. A win against Hamilton next week would, however, go a very long way indeed towards securing our position.

Today's results confirm we have 5 teams who can still be relegated. My worry is that we have become a bit complacent. Failure to take a point tomorrow will be an utter disaster.

Falkirk know that one win takes them above us if we lose. Hamilton will clearly want to win tomorrow because they currently have the worse goal difference. Mid week they entertain Falkirk, while we have a difficult game at Motherwell. We may need to be aggressive given their position on fair play requires them to stay squeaky clean. If Killie beat St Mirren they will be virtually safe.

If we have two poor games we could still be close to St Mirren come next Saturday. It worries me that we have won 4 out of 4 with Killie because next Saturday may be the crunch game for us. 5 out of 5 seems highly unlikely.

As I said before, I think Falkirk v St Mirren has just one winner. If St Mirren lose their other game a draw tomorrow and two during the week ahead would save us. Like everyone I desperately hope tomorrow is the day we see our team produce a great performance helped on by the best crowd they have had this year.

None of us should underestimate Hamilton because Motherwell and Kilmarnock away are not easy fixtures. Falkirk are doing well and I continue to believe thay will not be relegated. I hope they hammer St Mirren and Hamilton.

Today's results confirm we have 5 teams who can still be relegated. My worry is that we have become a bit complacent. Failure to take a point tomorrow will be an utter disaster.

Falkirk know that one win takes them above us if we lose. Hamilton will clearly want to win tomorrow because they currently have the worse goal difference. Mid week they entertain Falkirk, while we have a difficult game at Motherwell. We may need to be aggressive given their position on fair play requires them to stay squeaky clean. If Killie beat St Mirren they will be virtually safe.

If we have two poor games we could still be close to St Mirren come next Saturday. It worries me that we have won 4 out of 4 with Killie because next Saturday may be the crunch game for us. 5 out of 5 seems highly unlikely.

As I said before, I think Falkirk v St Mirren has just one winner. If St Mirren lose their other game a draw tomorrow and two during the week ahead would save us. Like everyone I desperately hope tomorrow is the day we see our team produce a great performance helped on by the best crowd they have had this year.

None of us should underestimate Hamilton because Motherwell and Kilmarnock away are not easy fixtures. Falkirk are doing well and I continue to believe thay will not be relegated. I hope they hammer St Mirren and Hamilton.

To clarify, do you mean the supporters as opposed to the team? The best thing about last weekend was that the team seemed to want to win more than St Mirren. I'm just hoping they can show the same spirit tomorrow, because I'm sure Hamilton are no better than us, possibly a little worse, despite the results this season. Hopefully the desire to get a win over them at last and the incentive of almost being safe should we win will mean we fight like we did last week. Unfortunately, despite the fact we are at home (or perhaps because of it), I can't see the team getting the same vocal support that they did last week.

Edited by alternative maryhill

AM,

A bit of both. Terry says we must finish the job early. The problem is that every game demands enormous effort so we are perhaps underestimating he hungerwe need to survive. We made an error for the corner and lost two vital points. Offiong could have snached our point at the end.

A point against Motherwell will be priceless. We should look no further than this game. It woul be fantastic if Hamiton beat Fakirk and illie beat St Mirren. We cannot rely on that happening. I woul expect a few changes against Moterwell.

So the excitement continues.

We do not want St Mirren to draw or beat Falkirk this weekend. Hamilton entertain their neighbours Motherwell and I suspect a draw will be the result. We go to Killie with a very good record against them. They appear safe now but will want a result to get revenge and safety. Another draw would be fantastic and if as I have predicted for a while Falkirk hammer St Mirren we would have survived.

However, one of my abiding memories at ICT was taking the lead againgst Killie in the Scottish Cup with less than a minute to go and seeing Gus MacPherson head to the byline as our players were disorganised following their premature celebrations and chipping it over for Jimmy to knock it up and see it drop almost on the line for Killie to equalise with the last kick of the game. We lost the reply.

Butcher has had last day horrors in his career.

So going into the last game Hamilton may be safe as they entertain St Mirren. St Mirren are probably due a break but I hope it is not at our expense after the recovery work put in by the new management team, players and supporters. It would be wonderful to entertain Falkirk in the week before they win the Scottish Cup with both teams safe and able to relax.

Where is the Brahan Seer when you need him?

I'M really looking forward to the Falkirk game now.

winning in Kilmarnock would have been good but now it will be at home,with the best atmosphere in years and pub afterwards,playing a team who have only won, twice away from home this season.We are playing a team who have managed to turn things around since Elvis arrived and hes not even playing.

"I'M really looking forward to the Falkirk game now"

:mellow: I dont really think any caley fan will be looking forward to the game same with the falkirk fans knowing 1 team has to go down at the end of the day