Butchers' First Predicament

Giving his negative comments about Ian Black and pre-contracts - and with Cowie almost deffo going to Watford - what does Butcher do ?

Black and Cowie will both be in the same boat - will he play them or bench them or drop them ?

I know what the "advice" will be from the muppets but you cant treat them differently - I really hope that he plays them both as we dont have anyone to replace them (yet). As sombody already stated it didnt affect the Machine - did it ?

I have to agree with Butcher that I dont like the concept of these pre contract agreements and it is an agreement which is perhaps better being wrapped up in secrecy.

The selections over the next few games are going to be very interesting.

Add a second - who do you play at left back - Royster suspended; Gatheuusi and Hastings injured - Ian Vigurs ? But the muppets might suggest Grant Munro ?

Hopefully the muppets won't have a say anymore!

Unfortunately they may to kick off with - but Butcher is clearly his own man - will be interesting how things pan out in the next few weeks - I am hopeful that the Boards support of Brew and choice of Butcher is going to blow up in their smug faces. :rotflmao:

Bring back Black, put McBain in at L-B. Seriously crazy if one of our best players (and our player of the month for December) can't get a game because he'll be leaving in a few months and he criticised the management that the board sacked. As well as Cowie and Fraser leaving, Morais and Gattheusi are also not going to be here at the end of the season (out of contract), whilst Vigurs has failed to commit to ICT long-term. So they should all not be playing?

Bring back Black, put McBain in at L-B. Seriously crazy if one of our best players (and our player of the month for December) can't get a game because he'll be leaving in a few months and he criticised the management that the board sacked. As well as Cowie and Fraser leaving, Morais and Gattheusi are also not going to be here at the end of the season (out of contract), whilst Vigurs has failed to commit to ICT long-term. So they should all not be playing?

Roy's suspended.

Pavels can play LB.

Marais and Gatti will extend if we stay up. As will Ian V

Is McBain suspended ?

I saw the highlights and he did get a straight red, but the after match interview with the Doc suggested he thought it would be in the refs report as a second yellow. If its a second yellow, I believe he may still be eligible .......

Assuming that McBain is indeed suspended then we have to hope that Hastings is back from injury as the idea of Zadi makes you shudder, and Munro is not a left back in the same way that Proctor is not a centre-half. Can Byrne, Mihadjuks or McGuire play on the left ?

Byrne has played left back before but is a bit of a bombscare there in much the same way Djebi-Zadi is. We only have two reasonable left backs in Hastings and McBain and I think we have to pray that McBain is not suspended for this game and Hastings is fit again for the game after.

Edit: I guess we could go with Vigurs there if McBain is suspended - but I think his ability in going forward serves us better in the midfield.

Edited by Jay_7

I would put Vigurs in there. I would rather his dozen reserve games experience over Djebi-Zadi nd put Blackie back into midfield.

And add to that the 25 games he played for Elgin as a left back.

Also is there really any point speculating whether Byrne will get the shout.. as if there is any chance he will be fit..

would butcher look at maybe putting 3 at the back???

Well I did suggest other players from Latvia , not an agent!! but it fell on DEAF ears, does that ring a bell IHE. Pavels is happy in Inverness, according to Latvian press, I do not want to see ICFC to have a Latvian back line, but Latvians can defend.

I know TB did well at Motherwell with what he had, but the squad needs a drastic, immediate, churn out, get rid of the old war horses, people in the team over the hill, past best, glad of a wage. Ok might take a season but!!!

Would imagine that this would mean going with Richie Byrne at left-back i reckon, if he's match fit.

Keep Black and Cowie on and play Vigurs just behind the striker.

With all the uncertainty better play Cowie and /or Black unless they are leaving immediately. Puts some cash in the Bank which is needed right now by the way. Only way to get in new players at this stage.

Time for TB to put aside his past prejudices on this issue, become a brutallly realistic pragmatist and deal with this crisis in the only effective way he can --be decisive , vigorous and positively up-beat.

Then consult IHE

IHE --am I back in favour?--refuse to answer and I will take that as a yes... :rotflmao: