FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brechin City game

caleyrule

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can take pride in the fact that i played in a cup winning Boys Brigade side with both Nick Ross and Gavin Morrison :rolleyes:

Was pleasing to see such a good result. I hope they get Sanchez back to fitness, i think thats what was his problem today because his ankle was attached to an ice pack last night.

Wheres Reidford from?

17..... ?

Would have to be a bit of a prodigy and a prodigious worker to assist ICT in their quest for promotion at this age.?

This coming season is not for very inexperienced young fellas and wet nurses.

This coming season is going to be long and it will be a TEST..... of determination, of strength, of skill and HARD WORK without let-up.

Otherwise all the talk about a return to SPL fotball in one season is, and will be ,mostly hot air.

Or does anyone on here think it will simply be a canter ? :rolleyes:

Reidford is only 5 ft 11 so i don't think he is the type of keeper we need.

I also noticed Craig Nelson was in goal for Brechin. Was he not the moron keeper that was between the sticks for St Johnstone the day we got promoted?

Edited by ajsict92

Guest Mahonio

Wheres Reidford from?

He is a Scottish GK Who used to play for Gers and Dunfermline who is 6 ft according to Reidford's Dunfermline profile.

I also noticed Craig Nelson was in goal for Brechin. Was he not the moron keeper that was between the sticks for St Johnstone the day we got promoted?

Why would being a goalie for St jonstone make him a moron ? would that make you a :rolleyes: for posting that ?

Wheres Reidford from?

He is a Scottish GK Who used to play for Gers and Dunfermline who is 6 ft according to Reidford's Dunfermline profile.

That must be in his high heels.

I would have expected him to be no more than 5'10", having seen him dwarfed by everyone around him in the box.

Why should height matter? There's a strange discrimination towards smaller goalies in Scotland (I think McGhee once said he wouldn't sign a keeper under 6"4). After all some of the best keepers ever were under 6 foot. Mexico's old keeper in the 1990s Campos was only 5"6.

Why should height matter?

Who was it who recently suggested that we bring in big Fijians and teach them how to be footballers?

There have been some small keepers who make up for it with exceptional agility, but they are few and far between.

Who was it who recently suggested that we bring in big Fijians and teach them how to be footballers?

If you actually go back and look what I said, I was calling for ICT to look at international players from the Pacific Islands like Figi, Samoa and Tonga. Why is this so taboo? Were PSV Eindhoven wrong to attempt to sign Roy Krishna? This also hasn't really been done yet. There was a time when teams wouldn't look to Africa, now a large amount of big teams have at least one African player.

There have been some small keepers who make up for it with exceptional agility, but they are few and far between.

True but there still seems to be this attitude of they have to such a height. Would Mark McGhee (going by his comment) have turned down Gordon Banks (presuming he hadn't heard of him)? Going by his comment, yes he would've.

Why would being a goalie for St jonstone make him a moron ? would that make you a :tosser: for posting that ?

Thats not what i said. If you cast your mind back to the day we won the league you will find he had a couple of howlers that day. I have absolutely nothing against St Johnstone. And it's good to know what you think of me for posting an opinion.

For the record, the formations posted by Caleymad are wrong, the one on the official site is (unsurprisingly) correct.

Bit of a walk in the park in the second half, but it had taken a while to break them down.

Bulvitis looked the part, won plenty of challenges. I'd sign him.

Whilst Sanchez has a decent touch, he rarely threatened a poor Brechin side full of trialists. The concensus was that he is just too casual in his approach to do well for us, and shouldn't be signed.

(The best Spaniard of the day was the barman from Zaragoza in the Caledonian Hotel. We initially went to the pub we used to go to in the old days, but it's now a funeral directors!)

I wouldn't get too excited about Ross. He did fine and took his chances well when the ball broke loose to him in the box a couple of times, but (takes deep breath) I'm afraid he doesn't have what it takes to be a pro. You heard it here first.

Oh, and Rory was pish. At least he was playing, having missed Brechin's friendly last week to go to T in the Park instead! Brechin also had Kevin Byers in right midfield, still with a decent bit of skill but no pace or strength, and journeyman Ian Harty huffed and puffed and caused a few problems, but Rory was never there to help out.

Only ?6 to get in and the crowd was apprx 180. I counted them, twice.

Similar to how I felt about the game.

No body PM'd me their number, so couldn't text any updates :tosser:

Really sparse crowd, I expected more considering it was a saturday game.

In terms of players i'll rate them in the smiley-o-meter (out of 10)

Reidford :D :D :D :D :D :D Looked comfortable and was vocal to the defence, despite only knowing them very recently

Tokely :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D My man of the match. Always talking to the other players, shouting words of motivation regularly. Dangerous passes, where he ended up with one (maybe 2) assists. Very impressive in the second half

Munro :D :D :D :D :D :D Struggled in the air a bit today, but strong in the tackle and did the simple things well.

Zebi-Zadi :D :D :D :D :D :D Still looks a bit lost when deciding whether he should be pushing forward or staying back. Again did the simple well, but needs to ask for the ball more and be more vocal.

Bulvitis :D :D :D :D :D :D :) Impressed me today. Definitely has the physique and pace for the SFL and looks very strong when tackling. Looked to play the long ball a bit too often for my liking, but defensively he was good.

McBain :D :D :D :D :D Was poor in the first half, looking very isolated on the left side. When he came into the middle with the ball he became more dangerous though. Had a better 2nd half.

Ross :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Impressive for a 17 year old. Took both goals well and contributed to attack when needed. Obviously he'll need to bulk up a bit to be a more regular and effective player; but worth holding onto.

Statford :D :D :D :D :D Some very poor challenges and looked pretty average. Didn't really offer a lot going forward.

Cox :D :D :D :D :D :D Offered a little more than Statford going forward, but didn't show up as well in a defensive situation (perhaps due to the concern of injuring his hand further). Happy enough with his signing as he looks a solid centre mid.

Foran :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Took his goal extremely well, but a very poor penalty. Won most of his aerial challenges and his attacking positioning was excellent, as he'd shown against the likes of Buckie Thistle last week. The child in me was chuffed when he mentioned 'you must know your football' to me in the first half, after shouting positive praise to his part in the first goal.

Sanchez :D :D :D :D :D :D Looked dangerous in spells, but drifted out of the game quite often. Quite liked his directness on the ball, especially for the first goal. I'd like us to sign him, as he'll offer us something different and link the midfield and attack well.

Subs

Kelly - Saved well from Rory and looked comfortable enough. My Montrose supporting mate says he's a great keeper, but way too quiet.

Morrison - Really really impressed me. I think he could play a role in centre midfield this season. Looked excellent on the ball and offered a lot to our attack, whilst making some great challenges. I'd love for him to get quite a bit of pitch time this year.

Sutherland - I thought this guy won a competition to play for us!! Didn't look like a professional footballer at all. About 2 stone too heavy and was extremely awkward on the pitch. Played a good pass for the penalty, but really concerned about his physique.

Gillespie Didn't get enough time on the pitch to make an impact

Shinnie Good run for the pen, but didn't get enough time either.

Rooney Excellent pen, fantastic header for the 5th goal. Didn't really notice him other than that. Glad the goals will do his confidence some good.

The pie gets 6.5 out of 10. Not bad at all.

Edited by RossP

Sutherland - I thought this guy won a competition to play for us!! Didn't look like a professional footballer at all. About 2 stone too heavy and was extremely awkward on the pitch. Played a good pass for the penalty, but really concerned about his physique.

I thought that too.

I thought that too.

If you actually go back and look what I said, I was calling for ICT to look at international players from the Pacific Islands like Figi, Samoa and Tonga. Why is this so taboo? Were PSV Eindhoven wrong to attempt to sign Roy Krishna? This also hasn't really been done yet. There was a time when teams wouldn't look to Africa, now a large amount of big teams have at least one African player.

True but there still seems to be this attitude of they have to such a height. Would Mark McGhee (going by his comment) have turned down Gordon Banks (presuming he hadn't heard of him)? Going by his comment, yes he would've.

Where is Figi? :tosser:

Where is Figi? :lol:

I meant Fiji.

I think you should go back yourself and look at what you wrote! Cause it was nothing along those lines!!

'Anyone who's ever seen the rugby will have seen the size of the Figians and the Samoans and the Tongans. They're 6"6, as hard as nails and can run like Usain Bolt. I've always wondered why managers have never looked at getting one of these guys as a centre-half. To me it makes complete sense'

Good for a laugh at least :D

You seem to have a bit of an obsession with that post so let me explain. I was not calling to sign random Pacific Islanders nor was I calling for the signing of rugby players and making them footballers, I was saying that ICT should look at football players from this region as PSV did with Roy Krishna, and as some New Zealand teams have done such as Watikere United. Get it now?

Where is Figi? :lol:

I meant Fiji.

I think you should go back yourself and look at what you wrote! Cause it was nothing along those lines!!

'Anyone who's ever seen the rugby will have seen the size of the Figians and the Samoans and the Tongans. They're 6"6, as hard as nails and can run like Usain Bolt. I've always wondered why managers have never looked at getting one of these guys as a centre-half. To me it makes complete sense'

Good for a laugh at least :D

You seem to have a bit of an obsession with that post so let me explain. I was not calling to sign random Pacific Islanders nor was I calling for the signing of rugby players and making them footballers, I was saying that ICT should look at football players from this region as PSV did with Roy Krishna, and as some New Zealand teams have done such as Watikere United. Get it now?

You have to admit though the way it came across the first time you posted it was funny, I thought you were being Woooosh tastic, is this subject keeping you awake Ren 0410am. thats devotion for you.