Obdhiambo

Am I alone in not being sure whether Eric will make the mark or not - sure he has pace and he has scored - but he really is an untried in many respects. He certainly does not deserve to walk in to the team - he has to earn it. Reckon he could murder a few SFL outfits coming on fer the last half hour.

In the few apperances he made in the SPL I didn't really rate him to highly, thought he had a terrible touch. I think the excitment about him coming back from injury is becuase it is almost like signing a new player since its been so long since he played and when he did he only made a handfull of apperances. At the moment he still has to prove himself and fight in training to even get a sub apperance as there are many strikers ahead of him at the moment. If he gets on then we can see what he can do and take it from there.

Hope I'm proved wrong, but I think there is a lot of "absense makes the heart grow fonder" here.

A helluva lot of posters are giving it the just wait til Eric's back patter and to be honest, what's he really done so far ?

As I say hope I'm wrong but for me, he's got to prove himself. There is no way he should walk into last week's team.

I tend to agree with the absence sentiment Stevie. Players suddenly become much better without kicking a ball. In saying that he certainly seemed to be rapid, in the limited games I saw him. I hope he can live up to the hype as his return to the first team is eagerly awaited.

He will have to prove he is better than those already on the park, but Butcher has great hopes for him at this level, therefore lets see how this develops as we certainly need someone with an extra gear.

Oh yes I can defiantely see him ******* about opposition defences in months to come. I don't knopw if I'm being hopeful or not as I can also see him being bullied of the ball very easily aswell, just like Sanchez at times.

I've never seen him play actually, but from what I know about him, could he be a bit on the small side for this league?

It's not really his height that stands out to me.

It's just the fact he seems awfully slight and slughtly weaker looking than most players meaning he may get nudged off the ball too easily - however the opposition have to catch him first as he's a bullet.

What he needs to do is keep driving forward at speed and do a lot of wee flicks at the right time in or near the box. What the team needs to do is not to isolate him on the wing but give him plenty of the ball--'tis the only way to build up his confidence because every time he does something right, or upsets the opposition, his confidence in his own ability will increase .

Just a thought from the Ruminator. ;)