League cup draw

Joe DiMaggio

The league cup 3rd round draw is due to be made in about 30mins. I think the draw is meant to be seeded which means we are gauranteed an spl team.

The seeds are the 8 teams who finished highest in the league last season so going by that the seeds are- Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibs, Motherwell and Killmarnock. and the unseeded teams- Falkirk, St.Mirren, ICT, St. Johnstone, Dundee, Dnfermline, QOS and Ross Couty.

Best we can hope for is Killie at home as they are the only team we can atually beat at home.

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

The league cup 3rd round draw is due to be made in about 30mins. I think the draw is meant to be seeded which means we are gauranteed an spl team.

The seeds are the 8 teams who finished highest in the league last season so going by that the seeds are- Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibs, Motherwell and Killmarnock. and the unseeded teams- Falkirk, St.Mirren, ICT, St. Johnstone, Dundee, Dnfermline, QOS and Ross Couty.

Best we can hope for is Killie at home as they are the only team we can atually beat at home.

Killie at home. HOPEFULLY :blink:

You spelt ross c*nty wrong. Its got an N in it but no O

Edited by caleymad

Motherwell v Inverness

Hearts v Dunfermline

Dundee v Aberdeen

Hibs v St Johnstone

Falkirk v Celtic

Kilmarnock v St Mirren

Queen of the South v Rangers

Ross County v Dundee United

Not the best draw there but suppose it is winable

Edited by Joe DiMaggio

not that bad a draw, butcher going back to his old club, maybe this time he'll be able to get the players up for it. Motherwell are still a completley unknown quantity and may well use the game to play some of the new lads/fringe players

On a purely personal note, the positive is that this is a game I can make even though it will be a midweek fixture. Realistically, though, I don't give us much chance. Our recent record against Motherwell is very poor, and I think Gannon looks like a pretty shrewd manager. People seem to think they will struggle simply because Gannon isn't well known up here, but Motherwell seem to have a lot of good young players coming through.

Sofa for me if we do win though, being married to a Motherwell supporter.

Sofa for me if we do win though, being married to a Motherwell supporter.

So really, it's a no-win for you regardless of the outcome!!!

As for the doubters, this is the kind of game we used to relish the last time we were in Div 1. We thrived on the challenge and dare anyone ever tell us we weren't capable.....oh how times have changed....and not for the better it seems!!!

Record against Motherwell since 04/05 season:

Played 17, Won 6, Drawn 2, Lost 9. Four of those losses were in Brewsters second stint with us. Bearing that in mind I wouldn't say our record was that bad against Motherwell. I think any of the teams in the draw would be hard for us and that we have to go out with a win mentality and do the business like we could in days gone by.

Played 17, Won 6, Drawn 2, Lost 9. Four of those losses were in Brewsters second stint with us. Bearing that in mind I wouldn't say our record was that bad against Motherwell. I think any of the teams in the draw would be hard for us and that we have to go out with a win mentality and do the business like we could in days gone by.

Are those away and home stats?

I can see a flaw in that, Alex.