FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Chris Hogg signs again

Bronson

Great news!!!!!!!

I was at the stadium at lunch time and it emerges that the signing of Hogg and Jones (maybe they'll open a city centre pub together :biggrin: ) completes the ICT squad for the moment.

I have to say that following the addition of these two and Thomas Piermayr this week, there was a very positive vibe down there today - a feeling that this week's additions have really added a sense of completeness to the squad.

Obviously it will take some time for this very new squad to weld together but the appearance is that this has started already and will be ongoing.

Longer standing (aged 23+ or so) fans will recollect the time it sometimes took Pele's teams to get going at the start of a season (remember the first season in D2 97-98! :oops: )

I really don't expect a return to that kind of scenario and I think this week's developments could be quite significant.

• Agree 2

Anyone else think things are looking up all round? Real feel good factor re Hogg and fab news re the official website at last (looks like someone listens after all!). Thanks to all concerned for the hard work. Cant wait for tomorrow now and if it still takes a while for the team to gel well so be it - it will all come good now thats for sure. :twothumbsup:

dukes_boss_hogg.jpg

Have to admit that he was a surprise to be released in the first place but he wanted to look around - I am not too bothered that he may have decided that he was on a better thing with ICT.

\maybe his arrival will bring Daisy Duke to Sneck. Wouldnt mind putting her in the goals and sitting in Section G watching her goalkeeping shorts.

Very good news. Having seen all 3 Englandshire friendlies it was clear that the defence was shaky, to say the least, and the defeat at Motherwell confirmed that.

But, fair play to Tel, he has moved quickly to rectify matters with first Pietmayr, then Tudor-Jones and now, the best of the lot, the return of Hogg.

So now we have both cover, and when all are fit, real competition for places in the defence.

I'm looking forward to the season with new found optimism.

I must agree this is a signing that I think can help our season grow

With the current signings still settling in will be good to get a steadying influence at the back

Roll on satruday and rest of season, things looking up even better now

Just hope he is fit.

Otherwise, that's great news.

He is returning to a team that wants him and I hope that that is really meaningful to him. There is nothing like being needed and wanted. Isn't significance what we all want from life?

Yes!

Fantastic news, the defence was a worry as it didnt have that physical presence that we desperatly needed. Now with hogg back there should be greater disiplin and more of a presence in front of esson. So whats the defensive line going to look like now? Will tokely move to right back with aldred staying in the team or will tokely stay at center back with hogg?