Proctor

Bronson

Following all the Tokely bashing we've had this season and so many people calling for proctor to start, i beleve Proctor was gash yesterday.

Wonder if he'll folllow Brewster out the door again?

To be fair to him I think he was thrown in a bit at the deep end after been out for so long

a truly shocking decision for him to start yesterday ahead of duff when he hasn't played all season

Yes I thought it was a strange one particulary as Duff has been doing well, I also think that it doesnt send out a great message to the younger players, no matter how well you play you will be dropped when the more senior players are fit.

Edited by stevico1

a truly shocking decision for him to start yesterday ahead of duff when he hasn't played all season

Totally agree with you.

Proctor has been out for a long time so why did Brewster put him on?

he wasn't in the game at all!

Dire decision to play him at centre back, remember the end of last season when Mcguire and granty were injured?

Proc in the middle with Dickie... waste of time, completely usless pairing, thought the management would have noted that... oh, maybe the didnt.

Brew is showing again his tactical stupidity.

Is it not brutally obvious why Proctor was played yesterday?

Brewster leaves ICT for Dundee United

Brewster signs Proctor

Brewster parts with Dundee United

Brewster signs for ICT

Brewster signs Proctor

You do the math... :rotflmao:

So Prcotor has one poor preformance after being out all season at Ibrox, and suddenly he should go.

Oh dear.

This is the man people have been clamouring to get into the team for months. Defensively, he's by far and away our best player.

That's fair comment, Brewster was tactically inept by placing him in the team against Rangers for his first start. Duff was settled but will he be now?

Dont see anywhere shouts for us to ditch him Chris, Proc is a good player, at right back or right midfield, not thrown into central defence on his first comeback game after being injured for a while.

Especially after poor performances there at the end of last season.

Just stupid managerial decisions.

Proctor made some decent performances last season and was very useful in attack. I really feel sorry for him, being thrown in against a top team after only having one reserve game under his belt so far this season.

After wat ive heard he hasent been training that well either last week which makes CB decision to play him the more baffling!! :rotflmao:

Proctor made some decent performances last season and was very useful in attack. I really feel sorry for him, being thrown in against a top team after only having one reserve game under his belt so far this season.

After wat ive heard he hasent been training that well either last week which makes CB decision to play him the more baffling!! :rotflmao:

Baffling? I think it was the wrong decision, but its hardly baffling to put Proctor, a versatile and experienced defender, over a player that would be making only his 5th SPL start at arguably the most difficult venue in the entire calender.

If Duff had had a stinker rather then Proctor, Brewster would be tactically inept for playing a 20 year old in his first full season of competetive football at centre back.

Proctor is a decent young player and has covered well (when fit) at both right back and (less so) in central defence. To throw the guy back in, in his less favoured position, after a long term injury, and at Ibrox to boot, was a bad decision IMHO, not least because Duff has had the SPL experience this season and has not made too many howlers.

What next? Esson on the right wing, Barry in goals and Rosscoe as the lone striker ?

Proctor is a decent young player and has covered well (when fit) at both right back and (less so) in central defence. To throw the guy back in, in his less favoured position, after a long term injury, and at Ibrox to boot, was a bad decision IMHO, not least because Duff has had the SPL experience this season and has not made too many howlers.

What next? Esson on the right wing, Barry in goals and Rosscoe as the lone striker ?

You know. that might just work

[]

Baffling? I think it was the wrong decision, but its hardly baffling to put Proctor, a versatile and experienced defender, over a player that would be making only his 5th SPL start at arguably the most difficult venue in the entire calender.

If Duff had had a stinker rather then Proctor, Brewster would be tactically inept for playing a 20 year old in his first full season of competetive football at centre back.

Was Brewster therefore tactically inept when he put Duff on for the second half not knowing if he was going to have a stinker??

However as they say in footballing circles 'The boy done good!'

The substitution proves that the manager was wrong in the first instance by not playng Duff.

[]

Was Brewster therefore tactically inept when he put Duff on for the second half not knowing if he was going to have a stinker??

However as they say in footballing circles 'The boy done good!'

The substitution proves that the manager was wrong in the first instance by not playng Duff.

Three words we're seeing a lot these days,

Brewster, tactically, inept.

[]

I am saying that that is the way most on here would have reacted should Duff have started and had a howler, not that I personally think that.

[]

I am saying that that is the way most on here would have reacted should Duff have started and had a howler, not that I personally think that.

I'm sorry, I did not realise you were referring to the reaction on here in the event of....., I thought you were making a statement.

I watched him in the reserve game last week and he looked ok for a guy whos hardly kicked a ball this season. It was another stupid idea to throw him in the deep end against Rangers but i think he will end up making that his own position til McGuire returns from injury.

personally i was amazed to see proctor start and i dont think he can be held entirely responsible for his performance. to have been out for so long and be thrown in at the deep end like he was is a crazy thing to do especially with Duff putting in some impressive displays of late. he wasnt ready to to start and i dont think too many others on here would disagree, personally i think Brewster should have put his hands up and admitted his mistake there but not much chance of that.