FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hearts -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

I was never a big Bayne fan but he would be better than Barrowman, Wood and Rooney put together. Apart from the goal the defence was OK, and so was the midfield up to a point, but **** knows where we're going to get any goals this season. Imrie looked a div 1 player as usual. Anybody thinks we can function without Russell Duncan can borrow my specs.

I haven't seen the table yet but I'm sure it won't make good reading.

7th, but i think only 3points above bottom...possibly 4 points. then again we're only couple of points off 3rd 4th. very close still. going to be a tight season i think.

I was never a big Bayne fan but he would be better than Barrowman, Wood and Rooney put together. Apart from the goal the defence was OK, and so was the midfield up to a point, but **** knows where we're going to get any goals this season. Imrie looked a div 1 player as usual. Anybody thinks we can function without Russell Duncan can borrow my specs.

I haven't seen the table yet but I'm sure it won't make good reading.

imirie and barrowman aren't SPL quality...why cant brew see this.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

time to drop roscoe as soon as proctor comes back to full fitness. sorry to say it but hopefully he'll get a kick up the arse and be back to his mazy-running self.

Barrowman just needs a goal. For me the midfield isn't creating enough, and like he says he can't create something out of nothing. Then again Dargo and Denzil did it consistently.

I thought Imrie was doing ok but often found himself with nobody to release to. Strikers dont seem to know how to run into space. Hearts got lucky early with a bad defensive mistake from Grant, though McGuire could have done a lot more to cover. After that Mike had a very good save and that was it.

I dont see Munro and McGuire as a successful partnership.

Blackie played his heart out again but to no avail. Why he was replaced instead of Cowie I'll never know. Cowie was about as effective as a band aid on a slit throat. Barrowman and Rooney were also pretty ineffective.

Is there something in Rossco's contract that prevents him from passing to Barry. On four or five occassions Barry had a whole quarter of the park to play in but Ross refused to release to him.

Once again I struggle with a number two or three in the player of the year poll but my MoM was Ian Black.

time to drop roscoe as soon as proctor comes back to full fitness. sorry to say it but hopefully he'll get a kick up the arse and be back to his mazy-running self.

Barrowman just needs a goal. For me the midfield isn't creating enough, and like he says he can't create something out of nothing. Then again Dargo and Denzil did it consistently.

yeah i think your right, tokes just isn't giving us anything at the moment and he isn't giving any of the strikers a chance with those long high balls, however, saying that barrowman is very light weight, of the pace, bad first touch...hearts defence would have been loving marking barrowman...he gave us absolutely nothing as did imirie. looks like these division players we bought might actually just be division players and no more. we need more ball players on the park, players that play the ball on the ground. now i know why brew had barrowman and imirie on the bench the last couple of weeks.

on the upside good to see munro back.

We didn't actually play that bad, but lacked any cutting edge whatsoever. The goal came from ANOTHER defensive **** up, this time by Munro. In saying that, Fraser got his angles all wrong, and he couldn't have made the finish for their player any easier if he'd tried.

Other than that we weren't really troubled all game, but as I said, we never really troubled them either.

Blackie was even better than any other game he's been MOTM in this season. May as well give him the award now. He was everywhere, sprayed passes all over the field, and looked as pissed off as everyone in the stand when he was hooked. Shocking substitution, and the inevitable long ball crap then followed.

Right, now...Tokely. He was garbage, has been all season, and needs dropping. His reputation is all that's keeping him in at the moment. As soon as Proctor is fit, get him in.

Barrowman, and Imrie are first division players at most, and until both show a rapid improvement then they shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

Disappointed we didn't at least get a point today, Hearts weren't anything special at all. As long as we keep gifting teams goals though we're going to struggle.

According to Brewster we were excellent and didnt deserve to get beat... the goal came from another defensive lapse... where have we heard that before?

I would drop Fraser now.

I would get Mcguire loaned out to Elgin.. but he's on some friggin salary.

Im just back from the game.

The performance was electric, the fans were going mental, even brew was reacting!

we were so close to scoring at so many times but we need big stable players!

I was annoyed with the ref at times because Hearts were grabbing our players and not even getting told of they were also doing play acting so get attention!

It was surprised to hear McGuire was MOTM according to BBC!

all in all It wasn't their best performance!

Im just back from the game.

The performance was electric, the fans were going mental, even brew was reacting!

we were so close to scoring at so many times but we need big stable players!

I was annoyed with the ref at times because Hearts were grabbing our players and not even getting told of they were also doing play acting so get attention!

It was surprised to hear McGuire was MOTM according to BBC!

all in all It wasn't their best performance!

[/quote

Eh! What game were you at? We are serious contenders for the drop if this standard of play continues. Hearts were not up to much and they looked like the only possible scorers in a dreary affair. We have so many players in our 1st team squad who are patently not SPL level. Brewster signs them/ persists with them/ swaps them about. We are SO lightweight up front it is embarrassing. There is no confidence/ speed of movement or thinking/forming of partnerships/taking responsibility or any quality on display. This HAS to change. I don't pretend to no what the answer is but others are paid royally to find one. I will refrain from naming todays offenders............I am not on here to point fingers at individual players. I will however say that Blackie was, once again, outstanding. He threw his shirt to the ground when subbed ( who can blame him). He will not be at our club long............why should he want to stay? Granty had a pleasing return. Otherwise it was mince.

See ya all at Greenock!!!

You enjoy your view of the game young one. In time you'll learn more and understand the frustrations.

Personally I dont blame Brewster on his own. He's gone out and done what he can with the money available. I do, however, blame a number of players in this team. We all know what they can do but they dont seem to want to do it. Every now and again someone comes on to this forum and suggests so and so is away to Hibs or Falkirk or Aberdeen. Sorry but based on effort and performances so far this season there's only one player who'd interest other clubs and I believe Mr Black and his family would like to stay in Inverness. For the rest I wonder if the top half of div 1, let alone higher than us, would be interested.

Someone, or something, is causing problems in this team. The camaraderie is gone. The ethos that the came through the last 14 years is gone. Look at the warm up before the game. No laughing and joking. Just go through the motions. During the game players spend more time bitching at each other than actually playing. There is no partnerships and there is no reading and understanding each other. There simply is no TEAMWORK. And that goes from the top of the tree to the bootboy.

Didn't think we played *that* badly today and we did on occasion look as if we might score. Imrie I thought was fine, at least he put the effort in. More than could be said for Barrowman, who no-one would have missed if he'd left the park and we'd played with ten men. The new Niculae, I think, except Marius never said he couldn't score because the rest of team were crap. Bad display from Tokely today as well. After Falkirk I thought CB might have finally sussed subs, but nope back to normal bizarre decisions today.

Great crowd today though, hope we were audible on the telly.

Pretty depressing game. Hearts did very little and with a bit more fluency and commitment we could have taken 1 or 3 points. Unfortunately it was a day of aimless punts, misplaced passes and bickering - noticed Imrie and McGuire, I think, having a right go at each other in the second half. Alex's point about teamwork is spot on.

Will be interested to see the goal again - my initial reaction was that McGuire started to come out to challenge then hesitated and stayed put, allowing the attacker to gain the momentum that took him though on goal. However, other posts suggest that someone else might have been to blame. Though Munro looked solid and Black and Rooney worked hard - more than can be said for Barrowman. I appreciate that he's a Boyd-type goal-hanger, but if we're not getting any width then he must realise that he needs to chase back and look for the ball sometimes, rather than standing on the 18-yard line bitching at people. Then again, Ruud van Nistelrooy probably couldn't have scored with the service we provided yesterday... :rotflmao:

Yet again I'm left with no idea what our most effective line-up is. Despite being impressed by the team at Falkirk, I thought, based on the comments of the people who were at the St Mirren game, that Brewster should give Imrie and Barrowman another run. Both were pretty awful yesterday though, and certainly didn't play like players with something to prove. Wonder if having Duncan back would have made any difference? He's not creative but him being there might release Black to play a little further forward and link with the attack more effectively. Mind you. Brewster cleaerly thinks Black is expendable, as he was the first taken off yesterday. What was that all about? Was glad to see him acknowledge the crowd as he went off - he clearly knew that we knew it was a ludicrous decision.

If anything, I suppose yesterday reminded me that we're in for another season of bottom six scrapping - having only seen the away games so far, I had perhaps been fooling myself that we were capable of stepping it up a bit this year.

Didn't think we played *that* badly today and we did on occasion look as if we might score. Imrie I thought was fine, at least he put the effort in. More than could be said for Barrowman, who no-one would have missed if he'd left the park and we'd played with ten men. The new Niculae, I think, except Marius never said he couldn't score because the rest of team were crap. Bad display from Tokely today as well. After Falkirk I thought CB might have finally sussed subs, but nope back to normal bizarre decisions today.

Great crowd today though, hope we were audible on the telly.

yeah i think Barrowman needs to get his fingure out. he cant blame the service because he doesn't get himself in to good positions and when he does he has a first touch like a brick wall.

you mentioned that imirie put the effort in....thats not enough every player should put in 110%, thats what they get paid for, effort should come without asking...what we need is a quality performance with effort...any person off the street could go on and give a great effort but that doesnt make them a footballer. we need players to perform not just put in an effort. im not disagreeing with you i just feel we let players off for lack of quality just because they put in the effort that every professional footballer should do regardless.

im not disagreeing with you i just feel we let players off for lack of quality just because they put in the effort that every professional footballer should do regardless.

You're right. I think it's because some of our away performances last season were so utterly dire, that I now feel anyone making the effort to get up and down the park looks like (the old version of) Ronaldinho in comparison.

The fact that we don't have a single experienced forward player at the club is now begining to tell.

An experienced forward who scored goals would be even better.

Just watched the hi-lights on the BBC which made it out to be one way traffic towards our goal!!

Looked like Munro was the main culprit for the goal as well

I would put more of the blame on Fraser, caught in two minds way way off his line, he needs dropped.

yeah i think Barrowman needs to get his fingure out. he cant blame the service because he doesn't get himself in to good positions and when he does he has a first touch like a brick wall.

you mentioned that imirie put the effort in....thats not enough every player should put in 110%, thats what they get paid for, effort should come without asking...what we need is a quality performance with effort...any person off the street could go on and give a great effort but that doesnt make them a footballer. we need players to perform not just put in an effort. im not disagreeing with you i just feel we let players off for lack of quality just because they put in the effort that every professional footballer should do regardless.

I'd need several fingures to explain 110% effort...