Lionel To Left Wing

Renegade

49 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider moving Lionel Djebi-Zadi to left-wing?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

With some folk say that Lionel is a bit of a liability at the back, would you consider moving him to left wing? I certainly would. It makes sense really, he's big, he's quick, he can pass quite well and isn't too bad at crossing. Imagine him puting pressure on the oppostion full back for 90 minutes. He would be extremely hard to deal with if he was constantly forward. He's also be out of harms way meaning some of his possible bloopers wouldn't mean a certain goal for the oppostion. Would I move Lionel to left wing? This poster says yes.

I think it could work and we saw a couple of times towards the end of the season that he wasn't afraid to have a pop at goal from distance. Granted he never scored, but he came very close a couple of times and with increased opportunity he could be worth 5 or 6 a season from that range.

Guest birdog

Fookin 'ell - a football post!

Yes.. I agree... I'd like to see him play wide left.... like an old fashioned down and out winger...

Sorry...

Out and out winger...

:whip01:

I am more surprized at this being a sensible football post from renegade, yes I am in agreement with his original post.

i agree he should be given the chance of running up that wing..he has delivered some good balls into the opposition half - ( remember his high ball into the Rangers box when Weir brought down Proctor).

So i agree with Caley D- worth 5 or 6 a season

I would say I think of him as too much of a liability to be anywhere in the team.

i agree with that, gives the ball away too much, giving the ball away anywhere on the park isnt a desirable quality

Keep him at Left Back where he will get more space coming from the back. If he was pushed further forward he would have less space to play in and I'm not sure if he's got the touch to go by the full-back regularly. Saying that he's an entertainer, something we need more of.

Keep him at Left Back where he will get more space coming from the back. If he was pushed further forward he would have less space to play in and I'm not sure if he's got the touch to go by the full-back regularly. Saying that he's an entertainer, something we need more of.

:rotflmao: Really? We need mor Lionels? The only entertainment he creates is from his comedy football which you cant help laugh at as it is so bad. What we need more of is competent footballers then we might not have got relegated.

I agree, the guy is a bomb scare on the back line (Radio Scotland sums that up) however, with not being the possibility of being the last man, with less pressure on him i think he would shine, after all he does have a touch... given less pressure and a bit of time the man is an artist....

To be honest, the few games I went to last season, whenever Lionel went a bit Gung-ho down the wing.. looked pretty awesome. The boys a monster.. could intimidate most division one defenders without a doubt, if he managed it enough in the SPL. Regardless of wether he can actually shoot or not, he still churns out opportunities and a wee bit of shooting practice he could become a menacing winger. It's all there, just needs a bit of tweaking.

He isn't quite the 'bomb scare' that some of his more excitable detractors like to make out. In fact he's probably the most composed defender under pressure that we've got, and certainly the hardest to beat. How often do you see attackers skin Lionel? Hardly ever, he is a far better tackler than Bambi, Hastings, Murno and Tokely, he never shirks a challenge and more often than not he wins the ball. On top of that, his distribution from the back is a class above the mindless hoofing that we are used to.

He isn't quite the 'bomb scare' that some of his more excitable detractors like to make out. In fact he's probably the most composed defender under pressure that we've got, and certainly the hardest to beat. How often do you see attackers skin Lionel? Hardly ever, he is a far better tackler than Bambi, Hastings, Murno and Tokely, he never shirks a challenge and more often than not he wins the ball. On top of that, his distribution from the back is a class above the mindless hoofing that we are used to.

i agree with you there, they all have there let downs (I cant kick a ball so I'll say it how I see it)

Hastings - at times missing from the game

Munro - I dont rate him im sorry, he is a hoofer get ta fook away from me ball kind player not many of his clears or passes make who they were going to but at the end of the day the ball is away from our box, which is the basics of defending im guessing, and as ive said before whe working away and listening to the radio commentry it was always - Round Munro, GOAL, Munro Slips, GOAL, Through Munro GOAL!! and so on .

Rossco - the man is a Legend but at times his size does cause problems when he is dealing with the wirey wee forwards and this causes at times lots of yellows and free kicks, its not his fault the forwards are soft as shi?

Lion - he has his moments of sheer terror but when he's on the ball and in space you know that ball will land at the feet of a mid of forward player that was looking for it, if hes forward on the ball to its worth a watch, and if he runs... that man can run!!

Bambi - nuff said..

Lee Cox - if he plays back here, i've my fingers crossed hes there to play along side Lion, the two racing snakes should catch for rossco to slaughter!!

I have a feeling most will disagree with what i am to say and writing this, i too fail to see why i am saying it but what the hell....I think Hastings should be LB and Lionel LM. Hastings experiance could be invaluble in 1st Divison and remembering he has played in this league more than most our current team so he is used to it.

How many goals did we concede down our left hand side in the final few games of the season? Teams certainly seemed able to exploit our left side of defence far easier than our right side.

I think Lionel's new nickname should be Marmite....you either love him or hate him, there's no in between.

In this PC age some might see that as having racial connotations...

I'm ok with it.... I love them both!