New Striker

I know Ian Stewart has been mentioned but if you think of the partnership he had with Barry in division 3 how many weeks before the end of the season did we win the league.

We have wingers with pace and long balls, I would say that we need the same style of striker who will beat the offside trap run up the pitch and score.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see graham bayne back, or craig dargo, but i cant see it happening tbh. :lol:

I would love to see Dargo back too, a proven goalscorer for us,

I would also like to see Bayne back he was a good target man and great with his head in the box but at this moment in time I feel we have a greater need for a Dargo type finisher I think Eric was supposed to fit the bill but has been unfortunate with injuries

I would like to see graham bayne back, or craig dargo, but i cant see it happening tbh. :blink:

I noticed a certain Barry Wilson scored yesterday! I know he was slightly old for a full game in the premiership but we have dropped a division now.

I know Ian Stewart has been mentioned but if you think of the partnership he had with Barry in division 3 how many weeks before the end of the season did we win the league.

We have wingers with pace and long balls, I would say that we need the same style of striker who will beat the offside trap run up the pitch and score.

I would like to see graham bayne back, or craig dargo, but i cant see it happening tbh. :lol:

I would love to see Dargo back too, a proven goalscorer for us,

I would also like to see Bayne back he was a good target man and great with his head in the box but at this moment in time I feel we have a greater need for a Dargo type finisher I think Eric was supposed to fit the bill but has been unfortunate with injuries

going back to someone we've had here before never really works out, ok bazzas different but hes a legend, but why oh why do we always look back???

Would a new striker be the answer to all our problems?

I think it would be a start. It would mean Foran, Rooney, Barrowman, Imrie (TB plays him there), Odhiambo & Sutherland would have to give that little bit extra to get picked for the team week in week out

Would a new striker be the answer to all our problems?

I dont think it would be, another midfielder maybe even a defender, but looking at 101's list I think we have more that enough seen as we'd only really need 3 (2 up and 1 sub) If he is looking at one more then whats that say about barrowloads? I hope sanchez does come in all the same!!

georgeios, take Imrie & Foran out of my list and play them on the wings. Then your left with four strikers Rooney, Barrowman, Odhiambo & Sutherland. Two up front one on the bench and another striker as a spare incase any of them get hurt.

I am left wondering what with all this "to-ing and fro-ing" and players coming and going and speculation going on etc----er, just where is all the money to pay these players coming from?

I mean are they mostly on loan or what --or just plain bought or about to be bought cheaply?

Any stats or details on this plaese?

Scarlet :lol:

I am left wondering what with all this "to-ing and fro-ing" and players coming and going and speculation going on etc----er, just where is all the money to pay these players coming from?

I mean are they mostly on loan or what --or just plain bought or about to be bought cheaply?

Any stats or details on this plaese?

Scarlet :lol:

mostly unattached players let go at the end of last season, The wages will be coming from the get back up fast fund, hence the one year deals and the likes.... I just wish we could farm out barrowman and give his wages to the other 10 on the park as an insentive, i.e right barrowmans gone if you score more than he did last season in a game you get what wages weve save for that week..... 2000 bounty up for the taking, and im sure it was only 2 goals....

I'd take Bayne back in a second. Got a great attitude and work ethic. Might rub of on Barrowman. And while he doesnt score alot, has a nack of getting important goals.

Rooney should surely be able to cut it. He wasnt that bad in front of goal last season and now he's steped down. Barrowman really needs to step up.

What about Denzil. Id take him back. Doubt he'd come back after way he was treated mind... and wouldnt recieve a better wage packet that he is on.

How about just getting Juanjo?!

I'd take Bayne back in a second. Got a great attitude and work ethic. Might rub of on Barrowman. And while he doesnt score alot, has a nack of getting important goals.

Rooney should surely be able to cut it. He wasnt that bad in front of goal last season and now he's steped down. Barrowman really needs to step up.

What about Denzil. Id take him back. Doubt he'd come back after way he was treated mind... and wouldnt recieve a better wage packet that he is on.

How about just getting Juanjo?!

Agreed with Bayne, not very fast and not a prolific scorer but he sure put pressure on the opposition defence.

Wyness - God no. He's been dreadful for about five years and in season 06/07 and most of 07/08 his performances were painful to watch. No thanks.

Juanjo - Perhaps.

That Ben Hutchinson from Celtic would be a good one to loan in.

Very good shout Renegade.

He ripped our reserve tean apart last season.

Cant believe some of the names being talked about as being possibles for a return to ICT.

Juanjo??????? feckin has-been.

Bayne??????? scores about 3 a season - no thanks

Denzil??????? a hero for us 3 years ago- now past it.

Miller.... Hamilton... Winters.. the names are obviously picked from imagination/memories and not reality.

We need decent somebody to link with Foran, maybe Odi can do this when he returns because cant see Barro & Rooney doing it for us.