FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Striker

Terry has made it clear that he needs a new striker and after todays match against Montrose i'm not surprised.

I know this won't make me a lot of friends but i think we need to look at our feeder club again

Michael Gardyne proved again today he's a goalscorer but will he be another Barrowman?

Jan vennegoor of Hesselink is out of a job at the mo

well he did like scoring at tcs (the b******)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the papers last week, he is competing with a Spanish club to agree terms with ex-trialist Sanchez and he has two Eastern European strikers on trial at the moment.

He is trying to get strikers in from richer sources than a team who were playing division 2 football last year.

After signing Barrowman I don't think we should look at County for goal-scorers until totally desperate.

Jan vennegoor of Hesselink is out of a job at the mo

A - He'd never come and B - he's rubbish.

According to the papers last week, he is competing with a Spanish club to agree terms with ex-trialist Sanchez and he has two Eastern European strikers on trial at the moment.

That was those two Slovakians who played in the recent friendly. Butcher said he didn't rate them.

That was those two Slovakians who played in the recent friendly. Butcher said he didn't rate them.

Hopefully we are able to land Sanchez then, although if I had offers from ICT and any Spanish team for the same amount of wages it would really be a no-brainer.

"Hopefully we are able to land Sanchez then, although if I had offers from ICT and any Spanish team for the same amount of wages it would really be a no-brainer".

Perhaps not, it might be the case that Sanchez would be taken on to warm the bench of a Spannish side, be well down in the pecking order to established strikers. I'd imagine he'd like to play and build his player profile with a view to the future.

If he comes to ICT he can pretty much be assured of a first team place, as long as he's less gash than what we have at moment... lol

(not including Foran in the gash comment!!)

Robbie Winters? Doesnt have a club right might do a job for us in the first division.

One thing we have to remember is that when Imrie and Odhiambo are fit agian TB will have more options to pick from then to play up front

I'm Hoping we get Sanchez. Robbie Winters is a tad past it. I heard he was pritty gaff at Clyde.

What about that ex Hibs boy, Damon Gray? Or Simon Lynch, he got a few goals for Airdrie last season and he is currently without a club.

Edited by ajsict92

The need for an experienced striker is as evident as it was this time last season.

Our failure to secure a tried and tested forward last year cost us our place in the SPL. A similar failure this season could well cost us promotion.

What about those two players from slovakia that played against Forres? They were both strikers

see post 4 in this thread ... they were released.

Imrie is hardly going to provide goals for us and Odi is not really proven as a scorer - yet.

And as we have seen yesterday, apart from Foran we are pretty ineffective at scoring, hope Butch sorts this out or we're not going anywhere the promotion battle.

On the plus side, this is the first time most these players have played together in anger, and the two right sided players were young but very keen and should be good prospects for the future.

What about those two players from slovakia that played against Forres? They were both strikers

Yes they were 9 and 10 and also stinking!! well 10 was 9 didnt really feature much.. I have my finger crossed for Sanchez but if he has interest from Spain, they are going to match of better our offer then I'd be heading home!! fingers crossed all the same.

Yes they were 9 and 10 and also stinking!! well 10 was 9 didnt really feature much.. I have my finger crossed for Sanchez but if he has interest from Spain, they are going to match of better our offer then I'd be heading home!! fingers crossed all the same.

too true. They were both sheeeeyte