New Striker

Guest Mahonio

Was reading SFL website and looking on Transfer updates for today, found an interesting paragraph about former Motherwell youngster Adam Coakley who was on trial at whatever club Alan Maitland manages but got no contract as Maitland thought he was no better than what was at his club (Ayr i think) and he recommended him to any club so i would get him in for a trial or just loan him taking Maitlands word that he is a good player.

Thoughts?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was reading SFL website and looking on Transfer updates for today, found an interesting paragraph about former Motherwell youngster Adam Coakley who was on trial at whatever club Alan Maitland manages but got no contract as Maitland thought he was no better than what was at his club (Ayr i think) and he recommended him to any club so i would get him in for a trial or just loan him taking Maitlands word that he is a good player.

Thoughts?

I think Butcher was the one that released Coakley... Could be wrong though.

Thoughts?

I am sorry, and this may make me sound like I should be on the "delusions of grandeur" thread but if he is no better than what is already at Ayr, he is certainly no better than what is at ICT !!!

Agree with Caley100 on this ... some of the names being bandied about are either ludicrous or steeped in nostalgia. Foran will score goals, Rooney will score goals, Odhiambo will score goals and even Barrowman may score goals if he finally steps up a gear (release him or sell him if not). If we get Sanchez then he may be a vital cog in making that happen.

Dont panic after one sh**** performance !!!!

Absolutley not, he was poor for St. Mirren last season, and pretty rubbish in his last two seasons at ICT, no thanks.

Hes a proven goal scorer. Brewster was wrong to let him go. He may not be up to spl standards but maybe the first division, but i doubt he will come back to us. I dont think we another striker, sanchez hopefully will bag a few goals along with either Foran or Rooney and hopefully Barrowman will pull the finger out.

Yes he was a proven goalscorer at this level but that was years ago and he was much younger then. IMO Brew was dead right to let him go (he should never have brought him back), as he just wasn't up to it at all. He might be alright in SFL1 but I doubt he'd return. I would also agree now that with Sanchez now signed ICT don't really need another stiker, one thing they could do with though is a creative centre-midfielder (though Sanchez or one of the new signings like Cox or Stratford could be up to that).

There is no reason to think that Dennis Wyness could do any real kind of a job for ICT in the promotion race. Other posters above tell us why.. It looks like his career is drawing to a close--not a good investment at all for the future.

Also TB must use this brief spell of playing "lesser" opposition to blood youngsters in the first team in preparation for the return to the SPL. To throw them in at the deep end in the SPL in the future might be too much for them but to ease them in and to allow their confidence to grow as the season progresses in the 1st Division seems like common sense to me.

I dont think we need a new striker tbh. Just give them time to wokr together and i think we have a great strike force. Foran, Rooney, Odi, Sanchez and Barrowman all looking for a start. One of them i wouldnt let near the ground let alone a start but still. We have a good strike force.