Stadium ownership

TheKnowledge

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends which "records" you check. Some even suggest they both held a chairman position at the time....one being "Chairman" the other "Chairman of football"

I think that's right Don - my memory might be failing me, but ISTR that DFS became "Chairman" of the club sometime in 2000 and DMcG then got a title "Chairman of Football" or similar, presumably something of a non-job and an honorary title.

I think Grassa was appointed as "Director of Football" sometime around the Aberdeen Scottish Cup replay, as I'm sure I was wondering where that appointment left DMcG - and that DMcG left the club around that time.

apologies for cross posting this in two threads but ot looks like our major shareholder has been talking to the jounalist that some lovingly call "squirrel"

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/scottish-c...road.6049172.jp

seems he was also interviewed the day before about Tullochs

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/business/T...e-to.6041312.jp

Ewan Murray's piece was as sycophantic as one could get, no demanding questions asked, no new information forthcoming, rabbit in headlights stuff. Poor show.

"But we have a pretty focused and wealthy board in place at Caley Thistle now." (David Sutherland)...really, and how is that the case? Focused on what,exactly? Wealthy as in buying players such as....?

Great journalism, rollover and be tickled.

Ewan Murray's piece was as sycophantic as one could get, no demanding questions asked, no new information forthcoming, rabbit in headlights stuff. Poor show.

"But we have a pretty focused and wealthy board in place at Caley Thistle now." (David Sutherland)...really, and how is that the case? Focused on what,exactly? Wealthy as in buying players such as....?

The story is clearly too big for Murray. We need someone to grab the story and then go to town on the Board.

The story is clearly too big for Murray. We need someone to grab the story and then go to town on the Board.

I dont think this piece is intended to address an of the rumours about the stadium, rather the ones that we are short of cash. It is as you suggest a bit of a sop to the DS ego. I am not sure what the importance of having a wealthy board is, I think we would be better with a skilled one.

As to DS giving the club some more money, might I humbly suggest that that time was prior to hiring Brewster, or in the "straight back up" ethos, at the start of this season, or even last week. Yes, we have to play County and The Dee twice, but who with.

Is this meant to make us feel reassured.

Shoestring budget and expect Pele style miracles.

Off topic I know but we are a different animal now, Pele had a core of players for years and the team developed as the club progressed. We need to start finding rough diamonds locally and hang on to them rather than letting them go for free. We should be a club that develops players then sells on at profit.

I haven't come across any information from the supporters trust on this matter. Could someone point me in the right direction if there is something stated by them over this issue. I would say the channel should be supporters - supporters trust - Darren - board - answer. Are we at the stage where the supporters trust are asking an official question yet? If not, why?

Tough one for me to comment on as I am a member of the Supporters Trust Board.....so please appreciate the following is purely comments from me and not in any way a ST statement.

The Supporters Trust Board were very busy organising this weekends events and for that reason I did not approach or expect them to divert any time or attention to these other matters.

I think it's fair to say that my comments over the last couple of years have, in the most part, been taken with a large pinch of salt by the majority of people until events of the last week or so brought them right out into the public domain and caused people to do a bit of thinking and their own investigating. Even those who believed what I had been saying were of a mind that it didn't really matter what the situation was in the grand scheme of things so gave it little attention.

It is therefore a little unfair to expect the Inverness Courier, the Supporters Trust or anyone other than the club (who are the only ones who are placed to give the reasons for the situation) to present comment or statement off the cuff. Indeed it would be wrong for them to do so until they have satisfied themselves with the facts which are available to them and I can assure you all that these people are keen to speak to me so they can look at and listen to what I have and can then draw their own conclusions and decide what, if anything, needs to be done.

Guest Mahonio

I don't think Murray cares too much for ICT...

I would be worried if he did for 2 reasons: He should be concentrating on winning a Grand Slam (preferebly Wimbledon) and 2) he supports Hibernian :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Mahonio

Nope - he is a Jam Tart - who has issues with this forum - possibly as big as Liam Keoghs' *****.

I hope this isn't the reply to my joke because i was talking about a certain Andrew Murray (Tennis) hence the name Murray being in bold and Top Six Next Year was talking about, oh damn i don't know apart from his name is Murray, i take it he is a journalist?

I hope this isn't the reply to my joke because i was talking about a certain Andrew Murray (Tennis) hence the name Murray being in bold and Top Six Next Year was talking about, oh damn i don't know apart from his name is Murray, i take it he is a journalist?

Squirrell (Ewan Murray - the journo) used to post on this site in one of its previous incarnations as the poster "cyril". He had an unhealthy obsession with phallically shaped objects. If he wasn't banging on about Liam Keogh's dong that he gawked at "one time in a toilet" he was describing people as "making a horses walloper of themselves" or other such genital related observations.

Guest Mahonio

Squirrell (Ewan Murray - the journo) used to post on this site in one of its previous incarnations as the poster "cyril". He had an unhealthy obsession with phallically shaped objects. If he wasn't banging on about Liam Keogh's dong that he gawked at "one time in a toilet" he was describing people as "making a horses walloper of themselves" or other such genital related observations.

Is that the guy who does commentary on Radio Clyde for Scotland games alongside Alan Rough?

The guardian says of Ewan:

Ewan Murray covers Scottish football for the Guardian and is occasionally also let loose on golf tournaments. He spends the remainder of his time seeking new shades of pink shirt and pursuing an unhealthy interest in all matters Vladimir Romanov. Ewan lives in Glasgow

I believe Ewan to be a very nice person and it was a laugh in the days when he came on here for a bit of banter. Unfortunately he was eventually driven away by some very unsavioury comments fired in his direction. He probably still looks in under a different pseudonym.

The guardian says of Ewan:

Ewan Murray covers Scottish football for the Guardian and is occasionally also let loose on golf tournaments. He spends the remainder of his time seeking new shades of pink shirt and pursuing an unhealthy interest in all matters Vladimir Romanov. Ewan lives in Glasgow

I believe Ewan to be a very nice person and it was a laugh in the days when he came on here for a bit of banter. Unfortunately he was eventually driven away by some very unsavioury comments fired in his direction. He probably still looks in under a different pseudonym.

Sorry Alex but you're well off the mark with that comment... Ewan never had a positive word to say about anything (similar to another poster on here) and took pleasure in winding people up.

Was found out by one of the posters on here (IHE I think), instead of taking it on the chin he threatened legal action..... it would have been more apt if he had the nickame weasel instead of squirrel

Edited by Harry Chibber

This is possibly irrelevent for this thread, but on the same page of the Courier's article on CD's fall from grace, is a story about how Tulloch Homes chief executive, David Sutherland's earnings fell from 1.8 million in 2007 to a derisory ?785,000 in 2008, thanks to the recession that hit the house building industry.