FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barrow load of rubbish

Westhillman

:rotflmao:

I am generally not one to blame individuals as football is a team game however!!

Barrowman really looked out of his depth this afternoon against United, I have made the decision that he is not up to Premier League standard he never looked like scoring at any point this afternoon. I have said it before on this forum that we need an experienced striker up front who will be able to bring something new to Wood and Rooney!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tactical nightmare today. Barrowman up front on his own was never going work, I don't think he won a single ball all day and did'nt get a single shot off. Hopefully this is the last we see of him for a while, Wood and Rooney up front from now on with Rory (YES RORY) as back up. Defence need to sharpen up a bit too but thats whole different topic.

Got to agree with the original poster. Shocking performance today from Barrowman. I also believe he is out of his depth in this team & this league.

Note to Santa - please bring Andy a trampoline so he knows what it is like to jump!!!

:rotflmao:

he was absolutely terrible today and has been every game I've seen him play for us. I couldn't believe Brewster took so long to take him off. Wood did more in 10 mins than barrowman did all game.

With the money he's on I expect Brewsters under pressure to get a return on the investment. Should probably write it off as a bad debt for the time being until he starts to find the net regularly playing for the reserves then stick him on the bench.

he was absolutely terrible today and has been every game I've seen him play for us. I couldn't believe Brewster took so long to take him off. Wood did more in 10 mins than barrowman did all game.

With the money he's on I expect Brewsters under pressure to get a return on the investment. Should probably write it off as a bad debt for the time being until he starts to find the net regularly playing for the reserves then stick him on the bench.

the thing is the money he,s on playing in reserves or sitting on the bench isnt a good return for the cash,but then nor is him playing,looks like a major **** up by brew agreeing to pay him that sum for little return,no wonder killie wanted shot of him

Barrowman was mince yet again today but why oh why are we playing with one striker up front at home? From the outset United played further back than any visiting team this season. They were in no hurry to score and Barrowman was never going to get a look in on his own. He also had a sore back due to our defenders thumping high balls up to him, for Wilkie to jump on top of him.

Anyway Imrie cost us the game by giving the ball away three times in the first five minutes of the second half and then commiting a totally unnecessary foul from which their first goal came.

Guest Spectre

Barrowman's ok in a 4-4-2 he's just completely unsuited to 4-5-1 long ball. He did put in the effort today but was always going to be bullied by Wilkie/Kenneth.

Guest ict1994

idon't see the point in continually playing barrowman up front he just seems to get worse with every game especially on his own he has consistently proven that he is not up to the standard of the spl

As I just said on the matchday thread..........

"I know everyone has opinions as to who should be playing up front and who shouldn't and I know I've voiced my opinions on the subject as much as the next person.....however, the truth of the matter is, if your playing a lone striker and they aren't getting any service or support then they could be the worlds best and it wouldn't make any difference. "

As I just said on the matchday thread..........

"I know everyone has opinions as to who should be playing up front and who shouldn't and I know I've voiced my opinions on the subject as much as the next person.....however, the truth of the matter is, if your playing a lone striker and they aren't getting any service or support then they could be the worlds best and it wouldn't make any difference. "

yes thats right, but what winds me up in particular about barrowman is he's a lazy git. if he scored goals and was a lazy git then fine but at least rooney and wood seem to put in a shift.when tokely is our biggest threat going forward and probably the best at crossing you know we're in the sh!te with regards service to strikers. when is brewster going to stop chopping and changing the strikeforce and realise the reason we cant score is that the midfield are'nt providing them with the chances

Barrowman was hung out to dry by the bizarre decision to play one up front at home and then punt long balls up to him after 10 minutes where he was easily marshalled by Kenneth and Wilkie. He didn't have a chance today.

Although barrowman was poor today, I have to say the buck must fall at brew's feet. The man has no clue about substitutions, player positioning or tactics.

He should have spotted barrowman was poor and pulled him off instead of Imrie, or at least put a second striker on to partner him. I thought imrie was pretty good today, but again lacked due to brew playing him out of position. Same can be said for cowie, duff and proctor. As soon as Imrie was off that right flank, utd exploited the space and bang, 2-0 down.

Putting 2 subs on with 5 minutes to go baffles me. That should have been done at least 20 minutes before full time. I think Zander had 3 touches max and was unable to infulance the game.

Ok Barrowman had a shocker today, i think we've established that.

I also have never been sure of his signing - 20 odd league goals last year in the second division doesnt equal an spl goal scorer. Wyness regularly scored 20+ goals a season in the first division and look how he was sent packing last season after shocking treatment.

Todays toothless performance was more to do with the 4-5-1 nonsense that we played up til half an hour to go. We have no experienced strikers at the club just now and certainly none that can handle 4-5-1 at home when we should be making the effort to go for it. And Barrowman cant hold himself up against a defence - never mind the ball!

Rooney is the only striker at the club who provides a real threat in front of goal and i was mystified that he spent the first hour today on the bench! Withinn 10 mins of his introduction today the ball was in the back of the net.....

Id say Barrowman may well be ok playing alongside Rooney in 4-4-2......... :rotflmao:

Barrowman up front on his own was a joke.. he is a good penalty box player... and for that we need the ball into the box, and our midfield did it once today.

To play him up front and pump high balls to him was totally pathetic, and not Barrowmans fault, as for Wood.. his ball control is laughable, that back header from Kenneth came back off the post and Wood could do was bounce the ball off his shin back to the keeper.

Dont get me started on Hastings....

Edited by caley100