BBC highlights say definite foul but ask whether it was inside or outside the box. Granted I have had a few views, but it is definitely at least on the line, my understanding is that means it is a penalty if it is given. The ref seemed happy for he free kick to be taken inside the box so that means whatever infringement he saw he deemed to be inside.

The East Stand assistant was ever helpful, watch the highlights and he, as for every throw in, waits until the ref makes a decision then blindly follows it. As WYNESS101 says he it was right in frint of him and he arguably had a better view than the ref, but does nothing.

Interestingly, the ref yesterday also booked someone last week for "simulation" :ponder:

Highlights show that Vigurs assaulted Raven! There's a good angle of Shiinie being caught too.

The SPL highlights only had the side view and it just caught the moment of contact, just at the edge of the picture so it was difficult to say how bad it was. BBC highlights show it from the camera in the North stand, and you can see clear as day Vigurs racing in and then lunging in at the player, I have seen red being given for less.

If you watch just before it as well, Raven nicks the ball off Vigurs' toes to feed Doran and Vigurs goes down, some players might be looking for a bit of early revenge in that situation. :whistle:

Having seen the highlights, Vigurs could easily have got a red for that. Raven was booked for nowt. Also TB stayed in his tech area. Adams came over. No need.

The Meekings claim was never a pen. He turned side on and the ball struck his shoulder. His arm was outstretched though so if it had struck his arm further down it should have been a spot kick. I presume the other claim was the one down the Jailend which they never showed.

Definite pen from ShinniestaLite though.

Derek the Seethe is truly a horrible, ungracious little man.

Edited by TheMantis
and another thing.....
  • Agree 3

The East Stand assistant was ever helpful, watch the highlights and he, as for every throw in, waits until the ref makes a decision then blindly follows it.
If the assistant doesnt make a decision he needs to indicate what the referee has given using his flag.

Listening to the game on Radio Nan Gael, it would appear that the sandy bit only affects a small area of the pitch which is easily handled by the players, and County had sold out while we had failed to make our full allocation!

Does Uncle Roy have plants in there or something?? Or maybe he has the pictures in a safe somewhere . . .

You can't appeal against a yellow card unfortunately. Bit of a stupid rule because a yellow can lead to a suspension just as a red does.

Presumably they don't allow appeals because there are so many yellows dished out whereas reds are quite rare. But if the appealing club has to pay a deposit when appealing you'd think that would weed out the timewasters, and cover the costs of running an appeals panel every week.

The East Stand assistant was ever helpful, watch the highlights and he, as for every throw in, waits until the ref makes a decision then blindly follows it.

If the assistant doesnt make a decision he needs to indicate what the referee has given using his flag.

I understand that, it just seemed to me that the assistants, both of them really, never made their own decisions and only ever indicated what the ref had given.

I believe that refs will speak with the assistants to say how the game is to be handled beforehand and whether the ref had said the them to follow him every time or they just couldn't make a decision I don't know, but surely regardless of what he said it is their duty to bring to his attention any thing he may have missed. 

Seems to me for the Shinnie incident, either the assistant didn't see what was in front of him, or didn't bring this to the attention of the ref.

Yeah I agree with most of that. It's a bit of a bugbear for me that they don't seem to want to make a decision at times especially for things happening right in front of them. That said, that linesman gave a foul against Nick Ross for a perfect challenge in teh second half so maybe it's better he didn't get too involved!

Listening to the game on Radio Nan Gael, it would appear that the sandy bit only affects a small area of the pitch which is easily handled by the players, and County had sold out while we had failed to make our full allocation!

Watching the highlights, County have loads of empty seats in the East Stand, not just at one end as I thought at the game. There was also a section in the West stand right at our end with hardly anybody in it.

• Agree 1

Yeah I agree with most of that. It's a bit of a bugbear for me that they don't seem to want to make a decision at times especially for things happening right in front of them. That said, that linesman gave a foul against Nick Ross for a perfect challenge in teh second half so maybe it's better he didn't get too involved!

We maybe don't want to go the way of too many officials, but maybe the way American football works in that each official has specific things to look for, they have the authority to call it and any doubt will be discussed rather than just dismissed because the ref wants to show he is in charge.

If they are assistants, let them assist and have the ref give them the respect that they can make a call and the belief that if they do call it they will be heeded and if the ref saw it differently they discuss it rather than just dismiss it. At the moment it looks like they are sometimes frightened to make a call as it may make the ref look like he missed something, and of course the rules dictate that the ref is infallible even if all evidence is to the contrary.

Watching the highlights, County have loads of empty seats in the East Stand, not just at one end as I thought at the game. There was also a section in the West stand right at our end with hardly anybody in it.

Excuse given is that it was st holders who didnt turn up but seems strange that they all seem to sit in the same blocks ot the stand!

Edited by old caley girl