FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Newport fan in peace

ComeOnCounty

Hello all, just want to say that Newport fan's are delighted to see Gary Warren doing so well for you guys since his move north and getting a 2 year deal.

Having browsed your forum I see that you seem to like Gary and was wondering what you guys thought of him joining you pre season? Did you expect him to be any good after coming from the 5th level of the English League?

All the best for the rest of the season and if you want to send a friendly our way after getting Gary on a free then we wouldn't say no. :wink:

• Agree 3

Firstly the name County has significant meaning to us ICT fans so expect some naughty remarks lol

Warren has been fantastic for us! He's made the transition to the SPL with ease in my opinion! Worthy of his 2 year deal!

As for a friendly! I can't recall if we have played a Welsh team before! Happy to see that change,

• Agree 1

ICT fans are a fairly decent bunch and, with a few exceptions, tend not to judge incoming players on where they have come from and more on what they see for themselves when the player takes to the field in an ICT shirt....especially at the start of this season when we had a lot of new faces come in, many of the "unknown" to us.

Warrens biggest asset was the fact that he quickly got to grips with the game up here and within a few games he looked like he'd been playing in an ICT shirt for years and not weeks.  This point really sunk in for me last Saturday when I was standing talking to some of the local press/media guys and they were talking about the importance of his "experience"!!! For a player who (I think?) only had 1 year of full time football before coming to us, that perception of him speaks volumes.

We heard that he had jacked in the teaching to go full time, so he was probably better than level 5 anyway.

We've had plenty of players from levels 4 and even 3 who couldn't hack it in the SPL.

I remember when he joined us you guys rated him really highly and i can see why. I would say he is the pick of our summer signings. Provided a real stability and leadership at the back and has also helped nurture the younger defenders on the pitch. His goals have been worthwhile too. His diving header at Ibrox definitely the pick of the bunch. 

Thank you!

When he signed I didn't really know what to think to be honest. We had SOOOOO many new players that I didnt really know what to think of Gaz. 

But he is just exceptional! He is so solid at the back, I have never seen a defender head the ball clear so much. Plays the ball out and I haven't seen him make a mistake yet. And of course.....he scores goals for fun! Always pops up at exactly the right time and its no coincidence, he places the headers perfectly better than anyone in our team. After coming from 3-0 down and him scoring the 4th to go 4-3 up against Dundee united was my favourite one!

And a friendly....sure! (Although you should probs change your username lol)

Edited by DanielICT
  • Agree 1

Have we lost a game in which he has scored?

No, we haven't!! He's scored in 5 matches and we WON in 4 of those. The game we didn't win was the 4-4 draw at Dundee United.

Edited by Sneckboy

Have we lost a game in which he has scored?

No, we haven't!! He's scored in 5 matches and we WON in 4 of those. The game we didn't win was the 4-4 draw at Dundee United.

Which was stolen from us by a dodgy last minute penalty

• Agree 1