Inverness CT -V- Dundee - Preview

tm4tj

7 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Allardice looked like he won the ball, but Brad's was a typical lunge from him after a terrible touch.

2nd last home game of the season and the coverage is as bad as the first. Its beyond embarrassingly bad and certainly not worth the price of 2 season tickets. 

only word for our commentary is cringe

It's not over till it's over and we know our boys will give it their best shot.

So keep looking upwards lads and fly high (flamingos) on Saturday - nerves will play a part for all those in the play off mix, so anything could happen.

We are titanium.

C'mon Caley!

17 minutes ago, Satan said:

What a difference Charlie Adam made.

Turned the game on its head.

Yeah, second half Dundee were much improved.

Had we kept 11 men on the pitch we may well have lost, who knows.

Realistically, we had to win tonight so I think our play off chance has gone. That missed penalty against Alloa and the subsequent draw has comeback to haunt us big time. 

Referee undoubtedly influenced the game and, for me, the red cards were harsh, especially Allardice's but were just symptomatic of a very poor referee who was very inconsistent in his decisions which frustrates players hugely. 

30 minutes ago, forresjags said:

2nd last home game of the season and the coverage is as bad as the first. Its beyond embarrassingly bad and certainly not worth the price of 2 season tickets. 

For those paying £10 it's a rip off and that's nothing to do with the football.  I have seen many others this season including Buckie Thistle and our coverage is the worst :swear:

I really hope we are back watching games next season whatever league we are in.

No reflection on his performances at fullback,but the sooner we get Carson back into the centre of midfield the better. His  drive and aggression was sorely missed tonight and there is absolutely no way Charlie Adam would have had the time to dictate the play with Carson snapping around his ankles.

You can't accuse our lads of not showing commitment but sometimes they show a bit too much.  Dundee were very streetwise and drew a good few fouls, often making no attempt to actually play the ball.  That leads to frustration.  Commitment and frustration is a dangerous mix.  The quality of the stream doesn't really allow us a good enough view to make a sensible comment on the game's controversial moments, but there is no doubt that both Allardice and MacKay gave the referee a decision to make.  

Dundee had a couple of penalty appeals in the first half and I'd like to see those again.  In both cases it was Mullen, I think, so probably neither were pens.  I expect he got a slight tug at worst and went down far too easily.

It is disappointing that our fate is no longer in our own hands but we are far from out of it yet.  For instance, if Dunfermline were to lose their last 2 games, all we would need is 1 point from our last 2 games as we have the better goal difference.  All the pressure will be on Dunfermline.  Arbroath are on a good run of form and Alloa will be playing for pride with absolutely no pressure.

9 minutes ago, IBM said:

For those paying £10 it's a rip off and that's nothing to do with the football.  I have seen many others this season including Buckie Thistle and our coverage is the worst :swear:

I really hope we are back watching games next season whatever league we are in.

The commentary was poor, but the actual video package/picture & camera quality added to the lack of replays made the commentary seem semi professional. 

Like many others I find Andy’s stats and constant inane chatter irritating.  Iain Auld is so much better, speaking when necessary, staying silent when there’s nought to talk about.  I actually muted the stream and listened to Radio Scotland commentary which, at times, was irritating but not as much as ICT commentary.   If the same circumstances are to continue for any length of time, in regard to Covid, 

10 minutes ago, forresjags said:

To be fair the commentator is the only decent thing about the overall package.It's the guy sitting next to him offering his pearls of wisdom that's the problem.  

then ICT must make improvements especially in the commentary area.  

That was a sickener. Really bizarre for me watching that. I had a Zoom call at 7.30 so the first half hour was fine. Iain Auld did well as main commentator (although his mic was crap) but that other balloon kept butting in.

At 7.30 I muted it and put the game in a separate window, lucky my computer is 27". However I never saw the Allardice sending off so I wondered why Dundee were murdering us but I did see Adam was part of the reason.

Then I never realised the Dundee goal was disallowed, it said 0-1 for ages and I thought Dan's goal was an equaliser 😂

Thought Brad's was a straight red though, terrible challenge. Then I thought Dundee had won it, the free kick straight in to where we had a centre half only seconds previously to make it 1-2. Then I wondered what was wrong with the scoreboard, till my Zoom call ended and I unmuted the last few minutes. Relief that we weren't beaten by the Dees in a league game yet.

I think we're stuffed though, I predicted fifth place away back in the winter and I think it's a hill too far now. Only positive for Saturday is that Deas will get back to his best position and Cammy can come in.

Edit - forgot to mute myself and let out a roar when Dan scored. Never mind, only 19 people on the Zoom meeting.

If we fail to make the top four, there are a lot of games we should have done better in, but those that stand out for me are;

losing at Alloa after taking an early lead

failing to beat 10 man Morton when we were 2-1 ahead

losing 1-0 at home to Morton

losing 1-0 at home to Queen of the South

Even turning the losses into draws and the draw into a win would have given us 5 more points and we’d have been comfortably in the play offs.

Now we need to do better against Hearts and Ayr than Dunfermline go against Arbroath and Alloa. Not impossible but we are second favourites now.

But credit the players for getting the point tonight, and it could do easily have been three.

36 minutes ago, Robert said:

Now we need to do better against Hearts and Ayr than Dunfermline go against Arbroath and Alloa. Not impossible but we are second favourites now.

But credit the players for getting the point tonight, and it could do easily have been three.

We have to keep looking forward and we now need six points and a bit of luck :wink:

I like Andrew Barrowman's commentary. I have invited him to my Palace in Pyongyang for Sunday tea after the Ayr game. 

Do you want him back or will I 'keep' him here in an administrative role? 

🤔

Might need a stewards enquiry if all results go our way:shrug:

SATURDAY 24TH APRIL all 3:00pm

Ayr United v Queen of the South

Dundee FC v Raith Rovers

Dunfermline v Arbroath

Heart of Midlothian v Inverness CT

Greenock Morton v Alloa Athletic

FRIDAY 30TH APRIL all 7:45pm

Alloa Athletic v Dunfermline

Arbroath v Greenock Morton

Inverness CT v Ayr United

Queen of the South v Dundee FC

Raith Rovers v Heart of Midlothian

14 hours ago, Satan said:

The commentary was poor, but the actual video package/picture & camera quality added to the lack of replays made the commentary seem semi professional. 

The club have had the ability to broadcast the game live with the cameras they use for highlights and with replays too since December (presumably with no added expense). However whoever it is that makes the decisions has decided that the Pixellot system, which the club is paying for, is the better option. Presumably they know best.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic